Rumor: Canucks making their final offer on Zadorov this weekend. There are rumblings that some teams are prepared to offer him 6x6 on July 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Team and player want to get a deal done but are still aways apart on money. Negotiations are likely to go down to the wire.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I too want to work really hard for 2 months and set myself up for life in one of the best cities on earth (if you're rich). No doubt the number cannot reach 6

mrdomino

Begrudgingly, a Canucks fan
Oct 13, 2020
From Satiar Shah on today's Halford & Brough (@43:40 timestamp if you go to the episode on a podcast app)

I would put it at a >50% chance that the Canucks sign Guentzel. If you ask people outside of Vancouver, there's this belief that Vancouver is the favourite to land him

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
All these pundits throw as much shit at the wall as we do lol.

My favourite Dhaliwal one was when he said that Edler is basically out the door then 10 minutes later he re-signed.

With Elliote while I love his overall shtik, his podcast etc, he's had so many misses but his complete almost year long bungling of the EP situation has to be my #1.

My shit at the wall is he's gondoo and replaced by Dillion. Guentzel, Roy, Stephenson as well as Toffoli are nucks.
Hronek is re-signed for 8×7
Edler was out the door...
to get a pen.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
6 million for Zad is insane! loved him and what he brought but he's not a proven top 4 D man. He played great in the playoffs but he has not shown to be a reliable top 4 D man throughout the season. He has moments where he is a beast. 6x6 is insane, I think that's wishful thinking.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
5X5 is a fair deal. Those calling him a bottom pairing defenseman are just wrong. He's a clear #4. If he's your 5 you have a very strong top 4. 6X6 is too much. 5X5 you'll be ok with it.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Zadorov and his camp are apparently still hopeful to sign with the Canucks.

Canuck's playing chicken with him and insisting he lowers his price.

Lets see how much Z actually really wants to play and live in Vancouver because i have no doubt he can easily get around 30 mil in the open market.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
With the signing of Hronek and a secondary signing of Freidman, everything points to them NOT getting a deal done. Which lets face it, was expected.

Most of the time, if a player goes to market, they’re leaving. So unless something crazy happens, we’re probably more likely to see a Myers signing in the coming days.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
With the signing of Hronek and a secondary signing of Freidman, everything points to them NOT getting a deal done. Which lets face it, was expected.

Most of the time, if a player goes to market, they’re leaving. So unless something crazy happens, we’re probably more likely to see a Myers signing in the coming days.

Freidman is a #7 at best, making minimum cap hit, it doesn't affect Zadorov.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022

I'm not saying they get it done but it was stated that plan A was to sign Guentzel, and retain Hronek, Myers and Zadorov while shedding Mikheyev either by trade or buyout.

Since then they have signed Hronek, and officially have let it be known that Milstein is helping to get his client moved.

We know an offer to Zadorov was made and we know that it wasn't rejected. Both sides want a deal done and not hearing anything after an offer is a good thing since obviously it's at least close enough to what he wants or he would have flat out rejected it.

Lots of scenarios out there for me with 24 million after Mikheyev

I'd allot 14 million for Guentzel and another forward and the rest on Myers, Dillion and Tanev but that's just me.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
maybe he signs this friday or before/at the draft. contingent on finding a suitable partner for illya mikyevs contract without an added draft pick

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

Those signings really have nothing to do with Zadorov. Before re-signing Hronek/Friedman the Canucks’ right side on defense was Juulsen, that’s it. Re-signing them to reasonable extensions always made sense, regardless of whether Zadorov is back.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm starting to think he's going to end up in Toronto and I have mixed feelinngs on that.

On one hand I do want the player, I think Zadorov-Mccabe could be a very strong 2nd pair.

On the other I don't know that I will like the potential contract.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I'm starting to think he's going to end up in Toronto and I have mixed feelinngs on that.

On one hand I do want the player, I think Zadorov-Mccabe could be a very strong 2nd pair.

On the other I don't know that I will like the potential contract.

Very strong 3rd pairing maybe. They’re both very good #5s who can step into the second pairing in the right situation. Playing them together as your second pairing is asking for trouble

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad