Rumor: Canucks making their final offer on Zadorov this weekend. There are rumblings that some teams are prepared to offer him 6x6 on July 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Zadorov was great in Vancouver. We loved his play, his swagger, his soundbytes, and the presence he brought to the team.

But 6x6 is insane.
Perfectly said, the guy is absolutely loved here, he performed incredibly well, but you can’t give him 6 million for six years

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I actually think he would be a fantastic fit for Toronto, and his personality would make him a fan favourite over there as well

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Ima throw out a guess of canucks 4.85m for 6yrs but give him huge front loaded bonuses in the first 3 yrs that pay the majority of the salary, thus making it easier to trade later if needed, but satisfies the player getting front loaded money.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
I hope the Canucks stay away from anything crazy like 6M. Money better spent elsewhere, just go get a Brendan Dillon on the cheap instead.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
6x6 is not unrealistic considering they gave Myers 6x5 five years ago. I'd rather offer him 8x4.5 to lower the cap hit. Some team with cap space to burn might even offer 7 million plus.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
6x6 is not unrealistic considering they gave Myers 6x5 five years ago. I'd rather offer him 8x4.5 to lower the cap hit. Some team with cap space to burn might even offer 7 million plus.
Benning gave Myers that...

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
if someone gives him 6x6 cya Zaddy! Guy is a solid #4 but the Canucks can't afford a 6M #4. Dillon should come in at half that for half the years at most and should be a slight drop off I imagine

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
The Myers contract was bad from day 1.

Reactions: CascadiaPuck

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Different GM

What is he...a bottom pair D?

I like him. I just dont think he should get that much. Physical Dmen usually dont last as long dur to injuries that occur at 30+

He also is a LD which hurts his value

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Some of y’all are so dramatic.

We’ve got Vancouver fans in here saying between 4.5-5.5 x 6 is fine - but somehow 500k more is an “albatross” contract.

Proven commodity in the playoffs, mentally sound, solid overall player. 6x6 would be fine for any team IMO. Last couple years would probably hurt but that’s July 1 for you.

Hronek at 7.5 or Zadorov at 6

Which is more impactful to your team and which do you keep?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Jalen Chatfield who is a verteran AHLer and has only been a regular the last couple of seasons just signed for 3mil.

You think Big Z is only worth 1mil more than him?

Zadorov is starting to get severely under-rated here.

I think with what he brings, he is easily worth around 4.75-5.25AAV
It's not the 6 million part. It's the 6 million over 6 years. If Zadorov asked for 6 over 3, teams wouldn't have an issue. Going 6 years at that price is what seems to be an issue. I don't know that he's the dman you sign to age 35.

8 years is ridiculous even at 4.5

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
While I really love his game, too many LD already for the Leafs. I don’t think it happens for TO.

Now, If we are moving Rielly (NMC), then I’m all for it - even at 6x6.

This would also mean 2 additional signings for RD. Seems like a lot of moving parts and Tre already has the Marner drama to manage.

I think signs elsewhere…

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Canucks making one last push to re-sign Zadorov this weekend. Both Dhalliwal and Friedman are reporting that Vancouver will try one last time this weekend to get a deal done otherwise both parties will be moving on.

Dhaliwal adds that there are rumblings that some teams are prepared to offer Z a 6x6contract on July 1.

Why do I have a bad feeling that it is the Leafs offering 6 x 6 (Treliving had him in Calgary)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad