Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose (7-4) Good day, Sir.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SergioMomesso

Mar 8, 2011
The most embarrassing reg season game I have witnessed in 25 years of NHL hockey. Not just Canucks hockey but the league as a whole. This was two games in one. A collapse and a blowout all in one period. After 2011 I thought we could over come the heartache and learn from losing . They are throwing all sports cliches out the window.

I'm thinking Gillis went with the wrong core to build around.

Frankiedarling

Jan 27, 2012
Seattle, Washington
Sure, that's what the mindless rabble wanted. Oh, Daniel got punched in the face by some little pissant, time to radically change our vision of the team and goon up for the future! :sarcasm:

I didn't buy it for a second. Was i incredibly disappointed after the finals? Of course. Did i want improvements for the team, to come back even stronger the next season? Of course i did. But i never for one second wanted anything remotely like the transition this team has made since then.

I guess good for you that you didn't want it. I don't really consider myself mindless rabble, but I'll admit I wanted a change. I can't even use "incredibly disappointed" to describe how I felt, and I can't blame anyone who looked at that massacre and thought that something had to change.

Of course none of us wanted the transformation we underwent, it's been useless. I just can't believe you watched the same series I did and came out of it thinking we could play the same game and win. More power to you, I guess.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
And Jason Botchford on the future of Tortorella (hint he does not have one in YVR)... The Van Provies: Time to tie off Torts
If anyone is saying now they know what is going to happen next, they’re lying.

I don’t think Tortorella is coaching Wednesday night in Winnipeg.

But that’s not a lock.

It’s in the Aquilinis hands now.

As I went over Saturday, if the Canucks had lost to the Flames there was a scenario in place where Tortorella could have been fired.

Ownership still has to be sold on the idea of eating his five year contract, and if they lost to the Flames, Gillis was ready to start the hard sell.

But now Gillis doesn’t have a loss to the Flames to hold up as the final straw.

What he has instead is one of the worst collapses in Canucks history.

Will the Aquilinis listen?

Seven goals, one period.

This, for a coach whose whole system is based around his team’s ability to keep pucks out of the net.

This, for a coach who chased out Roberto Luongo when he didn’t start him at the Heritage Classic.

It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year.

You can’t oversee the disintegration of a team like this and recover.

The fans won’t have it. The players won’t have it. And even if you hire a new GM, there is no way he’ll have it.

If the Aquilinis can’t figure out the fury they’ll generate if they bring back Torts because they won’t pay the money it costs to eat his contract, they should leave the franchise at Bettman’s office.

None of this mean’s Gillis’s job is safe.

If Tortorella really had been his top choice, which he wasn’t, he should walk with him.​

A guy phoned into Team 1040 the other day with an interesting theory about how the Aquilini's could fire Torts with cause because of his suspension.

Wetcoaster... any thoughts on that?

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
Epic. I was playing W.O.T. after the 2nd period, and I'd shoot a glance over at the TV and every time, I was like... what the ? ...

Gillis will be a busy dude this offseason, otherwise I will be calling for his head. This team is beyond stale now.

If he has anything to do with rebuilding this team, then there is no such thing as Karma. He should be a dot, a black hole in some other galaxy and let this franchise find its potential under someone who isn't frozen to make a deal, a guy who isn't the joke of his peers who all stood at the door during the trade deadline, refusing to budge cause they knew Mikey would throw out his lunch money at some point.

Soth

Feb 18, 2010
Of course none of us wanted the transformation we underwent, it's been useless. I just can't believe you watched the same series I did and came out of it thinking we could play the same game and win. More power to you, I guess.

Had our team not been dismantled by injuries, with guys playing in need of surgery, i have no doubt we'd have won that series.

But do we need to rehash this? If you believe this after all this time there is no changing your mind.

Soth

Feb 18, 2010
Tonight was a good night to do a jersey toss on the ice.

Oh come on now. This is a small taste of what the oilers have endured for years on end.

This was probably the most disappointing regular season loss I have seen as a nucks fan, but I wouldn't compare it to the decade of losing the oilers have endured.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
Oh come on now. This is a small taste of what the oilers have endured for years on end.

This was probably the most disappointing regular season loss I have seen as a nucks fan, but I wouldn't compare it to the decade of losing the oilers have endured.

They also have 5 cups...

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
For the first time in a long long time, I seriously am considering just moving on from these boards.

I have been one of the most passionate (sometimes to a fault), on these boards for a long ass time, and I might be reaching my end with some of the main board posts.

Disagreeing is one thing, getting hate PM's from random posters from multiple fanbases is another.

I just don't know anymore.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
They also have 5 cups...

Islanders have 4 and how's that helping them now? This ain't the early 1980's, this is now...

My team the Raiders have won 3 Super Bowls but haven't won **** in 30 years, those trophies are sure helping them now with their piss poor record for the past 10 years :shakehead

SergioMomesso

Mar 8, 2011

The Oilers went with youth and an AHL roster. We went from the cream of the crop to sewage runoff if a matter of months. We had a hart and two art Ross winners to nobody in the top 70 in scoring. This debacle is more embarrassing than three straight 1st overalls anyday of the week.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
didnt aquaman advocate for john tortorella and not mike gillis? plus with insight from some players as well. sedins/higgins etc guys. if torts isnt coaching by wed.. glen guluztan temporary head coach as well? 8interim for the remainder of the season until they find another one. plus does the owner really wanna still pay torts if hes unemployed 5 yrs

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
For the first time in a long long time, I seriously am considering just moving on from these boards.

I have been one of the most passionate (sometimes to a fault), on these boards for a long ass time, and I might be reaching my end with some of the main board posts.

Disagreeing is one thing, getting hate PM's from random posters from multiple fanbases is another.

I just don't know anymore.

I think it's best if all of us stop posting on the mainboards, that thread is toxic.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The Oilers went with youth and an AHL roster. We went from the cream of the crop to sewage runoff if a matter of months. We had a hart and two art Ross winners to nobody in the top 70 in scoring. This debacle is more embarrassing than three straight 1st overalls anyday of the week.

This just reeks of some sort of weird entitlement complex.

Yes, this team has fallen off dramatically, but to insinuate that having tremendous success and then falling off is in any way more embarrassing than just sucking to an extreme level for basically a decade...:shakehead

Do you really not grasp how awful a team has to be to secure three straight #1 picks?

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
They also have 5 cups...

And still they have some good, real good young players who could have career years ahead of them. Our core is looking back at that fact, while Edler's trade value falls deeper and deeper into the toilet. At best he'll get us a late first rounder and a middling depth prospect.

SergioMomesso

Mar 8, 2011
This just reeks of some sort of weird entitlement complex.

Yes, this team has fallen off dramatically, but to insinuate that having tremendous success and then falling off is in any way more embarrassing than just sucking to an extreme level for basically a decade...:shakehead

Do you really not grasp how awful a team has to be to secure three straight #1 picks?

We are on our way there.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I just woke up from a nightmare. In this nightmare I saw the Canucks give up a 3-0 lead and 7 straight goals in the 3rd. All to a JT-less NYI team. Thank god nightmares aren't real life.... oh wait! :(

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Imagine if JT was in the lineup. he would have lit at least 5 goals against lack tonight imo with the way the nucks were playing.

Isleswillrise*

Islanders have 4 and how's that helping them now? This ain't the early 1980's, this is now...

My team the Raiders have won 3 Super Bowls but haven't won **** in 30 years, those trophies are sure helping them now with their piss poor record for the past 10 years :shakehead

WHO YOU KIDDING, when you have none, you cant talk even if its 100 years, the Early 80's still happened, all you got is your fantasies

Hate to see this cause the Canucks are my second team but as bad as the Isles have been they still took it to the canucks

it may help you to knock the Oilers or Islanders, but at least they won, till the canucks do they havent.....43 years and counting, The Isles and Oilers havent even been around that long

Last edited by a moderator:

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Hey guys, Panthers fan here. I think it's safe to say the entire Canucks organization is in shambles right now. I typically hate you guys and don't have anything good to say about your team or your fanbase but since the Luongo trade I have felt kinda bad for you guys, this game was pretty bad simply put but all teams go through it and honestly us Panthers fans have gone through it for over 10+ years. With a little bit of changing throughout the organization the Canucks will be a top tier team once again. You guys didn't deserve to lose the game like that, at least Henrik got a goal... right?

Sorry if this post came off as ignorant, it's kinda hard for me to say I feel sorry for you guys. But hell, with everything that has happened this week I could show a little love to you guys. Hope Lack shows everyone up next game.

yoss

May 25, 2011
WHO YOU KIDDING, when you have none, you cant talk even if its 100 years, the Early 80's still happened, all you got is your fantasies

Hate to see this cause the Canucks are my second team but as bad as the Isles have been they still took it to the canucks

"The Millionaires/Maroons succeeded as PCHA champions six times (1915, 1918, 1921, 1922, 1923, 1924) and won the Stanley Cup once, in 1915, against the Ottawa Senators of the NHA."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancouver_Millionaires

not quite 100 years, but still have one. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad