Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose (7-4) Good day, Sir.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nov 1, 2011
Im surprised that the widespread taunting of the canucks is allowed and encouraged on Hfboards, but the other way around is frowned upon.

Honestly, we give as good as much as we get.

There was that whole ridiculous, "Deal with it." campaign.

If you are going to run with something like that, there will be consequences.

Nov 1, 2011
Me too, dealing with the losing Game 7 of the Finals again was the all time worst. I can deal with anything from here on out.

Agreed.

But let's not forget that we also got to see Canada win Gold at home. The last 5 years of hockey in Vancouver have taken us to the top and bottom of the emotion scale, just like a good hollywood movie.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Started with Ron MacLean's smear campaign on Burrows.

Eventually snowballed into a gigantic elementary school-like hate fest for the Canucks on CBC (Ron MacLown, Healy, Stock, Simpson, Lee), NBC (Dilbury, whoever the **** else), TSN (Dreger, who-gives-a-****), with commentators calling the Canucks divers, mentally fragile, finger biters, sisters, wimps, etc.

Eventually the game 7 riot took place and Vancouver as a whole was labelled "classless".

Now 99% of the media seem to run with this and always portray the Canucks in a negative light.

I heard Ronald MacLown apologized.

Yeah, like that's going to change anything, *******.

1. Divers: we deserved label at the time.

2. Mentally fragile… We had a 3-0 lead against Chicago and all of a sudden Bolland returns and we lose 3 straight games and need OT to put their ravaged by the cap team away. We melted down in Chicago the year before and in boston in the finals. When things didn't go our way we tended to unravel.

3. Burrows bit a guys finger, how is this even debatable.

4. Daniel took 12 straight jabs to the face with no response, thats wimpy sorry. Any kid on any playground that lets that happen would be called a wimp.

5. We as a fan base have rioted after our last two Stanley Cup finals. This basically never happens in any city after any sporting event. Id say we're a little classless overall.

The media has only reported the truth IMO. Issues with refs belong behind closed doors, when the Hawks lost game 2 in the 2011 series Scotty Bowman went into the refs room after the game. Burrows, Gillis both did things publicly. Our goaltending circus fragged on far too long, the Hodgson jabs were unnecessary and on and on. The organization brought it all on themselves.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
If Tortorella was the choice of Aquilini, then I doubt the team goes in another direction. The only conceivable move they can make is to ask Gillis to step aside and remain President. He has been stripped of any creds he had. Aquilini has undermined him completely.

Gilman must be made to GM. Tortorella is no longer my choice as Gillis' successor. Really, Tortorella has to be axed. No coach should survive such a grisly season. In Aquiliniland, he might. It puzzles me that someone apparently concerned with ticket sales would allow such a macabre display. Children will have nightmares, FFS! Aquilini would not be any more disrespectful of fans if he played bass for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, in costume, and sang the anthem.

Whatever, Aquilini is too rich to change, so Gillis and Torts will have to ride out the season.

Sabs*

It can only get worse if the hapless jets beat us wednesday now that would be rock bottom.

Rooting4TheNUCKS

Feb 22, 2014
Drammen, Norway
Hah, after the 2nd period I actually thought that the 3rd was about how much we would win.
Considing 7 goals in the 3rd, Ive never witnessed anything even Close to it before.
I agree With previous posters who say that its not only Eddie Lacks fault, but at 4-4 he gave away a crucial goal.
Giving up seven in one single period against NY Islanders, its one of the worst sides in the NHL. I Wonder how much beating we would`ve gotten if we played the Penguins or Ducks.

I think the number one priority now should be to avoid those stupid penalties.
The Islanders game where just another example of a game drifting away due to penalties.

I Wonder how the team will respond against the Jets, at least it cant be worse or can it?

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas

2. Mentally fragile… We had a 3-0 lead against Chicago and all of a sudden Bolland returns and we lose 3 straight games and need OT to put their ravaged by the cap team away. We melted down in Chicago the year before and in boston in the finals. When things didn't go our way we tended to unravel.

4. Daniel took 12 straight jabs to the face with no response, thats wimpy sorry. Any kid on any playground that lets that happen would be called a wimp.

5. We as a fan base have rioted after our last two Stanley Cup finals. This basically never happens in any city after any sporting event. Id say we're a little classless overall.

The media has only reported the truth IMO. Issues with refs belong behind closed doors, when the Hawks lost game 2 in the 2011 series Scotty Bowman went into the refs room after the game. Burrows, Gillis both did things publicly. Our goaltending circus fragged on far too long, the Hodgson jabs were unnecessary and on and on. The organization brought it all on themselves.

haha good post. agree with everything.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010

Except it stuck around with us.

The media didn't call Lucic a gutless goalie hitting head hunter, or call out Marchand for all the crap he did.

You don't see the media constantly giving Duncan Keith flack for being a piece of ****.

You don't see the media constantly giving Dustin Brown **** for all the slew foot, the cheap shots and the millions of times he stuck out his knees and elbows recklessly.

And you know, there's always some way to spin the narrative.

In fact, let me have a go at it.

1. While the Canuck player sold the call, player A from team X is known to be a tough customer (or cheap in some cases).

2. The Canucks are such warriors, despite the Hawks clawing back down 0-3 and push the Canucks to the brink of elimination, they came through and won game 7.

3. Bergeron stuck his finger into Burrows, good on Burrows for sticking up for himself.

4. Daniel Sedin is one of the most disciplined players in the league. He took 12 punches to the face without losing his ****, and gave the Canucks a chance to go up in a key playoff game.

5. The riot in Vancouver is nothing compared to the millions of other riots that take place in cities with major league sports, in fact, when the LA Lakers won the championship in 2010, their unruly fans even threw **** at cop cars.

6a00d8341c630a53ef01157112e870970b-pi

And if you honestly believe the biased garbage from the media, I don't know what else I can tell you.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Got up this morning, fired up Gamecenter and watched the game before work:

First Period:
Hey, guys are fired up, playing well, Jensen looking good, Lack looking good. Things are groovy.

Second Period:
Hey, PP goals, that's new. This is a fun game to watch. Yaaaay 3-0.

Third Period:
Well, better start getting ready for work now. Hey it's 3-1. Oh well. This coffee is good. 3-2 darn. Pants sure are comfy. 3-3 WTF? Okay have keys, have wallet 4-3 COME ON GUYS. Then I had to leave for work. Arrive at work 7-4? Well, that escaleted quickly.

This team is so fragile, right now. any adversity and they fold like a cheap suit. Mentally, this team is broken. Poor Lack, left getting shelled in the 3rd. He was thrown to the wolves last night. He didnt look sharp in the third and then he plummeted along with the rest of the team.

On the bright side, it was the first complete team game I have watched in quite some time. The first two periods, the Canucks played a complete game and shut em down hard. The third period, they completely fell apart. AS A TEAM. whoooo teamwork.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
meh, i didn't formulate my opinion on our team based on what the media told me. i based it on what is saw. the canucks dove, burrows bit a finger and we beat the crap out of our city when we lost. pretty much sums it up for me.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
meh, i didn't formulate my opinion on our team based on what the media told me. i based it on what is saw. the canucks dove, burrows bit a finger and we beat the crap out of our city when we lost. pretty much sums it up for me.

Yeah, because we're the only city with a history of riots, and we're the only team with divers.

Gotcha.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
Yeah, because we're the only city with a history of riots, and we're the only team with divers.

Gotcha.

frankly, i don't care about other teams. to see the canucks dive etc was embarrassing...even tho i know it was part of their strategy cuz the PP was lethal

but still, i wasn't a fan of that tactic

or the biting, or d. sedin getting humiliated

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Man are there a lot of posters tap dancing on our grave.

Im surprised that the widespread taunting of the canucks is allowed and encouraged on Hfboards, but the other way around is frowned upon.

To be fair-- we did poke a lot of fan bases with a stick over the past 5 years or so and the old saying about watching what you do when you are on top because on your way down you will get hit on the way down.
The one argument I am tied of having with other fan bases is about only getting to the cup final once and how in the grand plan of things, it is all a about playoff success and not regular season points.

Going around the web, the one comment I keep seeing has to do with the true judge of a fan base is the support they show when they are losing or going through tough times. I agree that many fans came to the dance a little later then others and I am curious how this board will look if at game 40 next year were are near the bottom of the division and how many people will be in the stands.

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Honestly, we give as good as much as we get.

There was that whole ridiculous, "Deal with it." campaign.

If you are going to run with something like that, there will be consequences.

The one reason why for many years I did not want to post on this site was because I found some that some, not all, but some Canuck fans took the approach of walking up to pitbull, kicking him in the gonads and then complaining when the dog attacked and said they did nothing. Last few years we gave the gears to other bases and some fans acted like they walked on water. Any fan that did not know we would need a correction to the team does not understand all teams go through phases and we now know we are in for a few years of being stept on while players like Fox, Bo, and Shrink all learn the game at this level.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
all bets are off after a game like that...literally unbelievable considering the time of year and the place that the canucks find themselves in the standings

canucks spent a good deal of time establishing themselves as a quality organization for the past 10 years and have had done an excellent job at tearing that down in 2014...doesn't really matter if you're on hf boards, in a city other than vancouver (or even here in auz among my friends that follow hockey), it's pretty rough out in the wild right now

i mean 7 goals in a third period to a john tavares-less new york islanders, the biggest joke franchise in the nhl...absolute disgrace

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
all bets are off after a game like that...literally unbelievable considering the time of year and the place that the canucks find themselves in the standings

canucks spent a good deal of time establishing themselves as a quality organization for the past 10 years and have had done an excellent job at tearing that down in 2014...doesn't really matter if you're on hf boards, in a city other than vancouver (or even here in auz among my friends that follow hockey), it's pretty rough out in the wild right now

i mean 7 goals in a third period to a john tavares-less new york islanders, the biggest joke franchise in the nhl...absolute disgrace

No Edmonton is and will always be the biggest joke in the NHL for the past ten years and for the next ten years. They think racking up first overall picks is the answer to everything. Go to their board, some of their posters are already planning for a top 5 pick in the15 draft

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
No Edmonton is and will always be the biggest joke in the NHL for the past ten years and for the next ten years. They think racking up first overall picks is the answer to everything. Go to their board, some of their posters are already planning for a top 5 pick in the15 draft

whether the oilers or the islanders are a bigger mess is kind of irrelevant to the greater point that the canucks are currently stuck in the basement of the league with these gong shows

previously though that vancouver's rock bottom would still be a level above the edmonton/buffalo/islander/calgary level of ineptitude but i once again underestimated the vancouver canucks

JD12

Jul 11, 2008
PE, Canada
Haha no idea why people are so mad. Sorry if you thought a 2-1 win over Calgary was going to lead us to the cup. Ya its an embarrassing way to lose but in the end its just another loss for a severely underperforming group, score doesnt change a thing. Teams have ups and downs Anaheim picked 6th two years ago and look at them now. As ****** as it is to see your favorite team lose, and as much as I never advocated a tank, the loss last more than likely does us more good in this gong show of a season then the win would have.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Going around the web, the one comment I keep seeing has to do with the true judge of a fan base is the support they show when they are losing or going through tough times. I agree that many fans came to the dance a little later then others and I am curious how this board will look if at game 40 next year were are near the bottom of the division and how many people will be in the stands.

Very well said.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver

sadly with no SC for this core group, this is part of their legacy, it's time to turn the page here, they are too far out, with 2 team ahead (with 2 and 3 games in hand) it's time to realize a player here or there refit isn't going to work here.

bring on the rebuild, we have some good younger pieces and the draft last year helps, get value for the core while we still can and move forward, basically our only option now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad