Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose (7-4) Good day, Sir.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
Could you tell me how to trade 3 guys with no trade clauses, with 2 of them saying they aren't going anywhere? I'm not trying to call you out, just curious how this would be possible. There can't really be a "shakeup" when these players aren't going anywhere if they don't want to.

No idea. It's not easy, and it's not my job to figure out, or yours, or any of us here.

Gillis has handcuffed this team, and he needs to either fix it, or take the fall and be let go. Kesler already wants out, he wants to win and he knows that won't happen here with this group.

Edler is my pick to most likely not to waive, while Bieksa although a guy who I don't peg as someone who wants to leave, is also a guy who would hate to be in a losing environment day in and day out, and if the organization basically told him they wanted to move him, I doubt he'd want to be on a team what didn't want him.

Who knows, it's not going to be easy, but you have to start somewhere and at least ask. Trading guys without NTC's won't be enough of a change here, you need to change the core, so you have to try and get these guys to waive.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I'm not sure if you're serious. I struggle to believe that a group of 20+ grown men would make themselves look so foolish and put on such an act of depression in those locker room interviews.

I can't believe they'd play that card. Contrary to what the Eastern bias says, there's too much class (and pride) on that team to pull that kind of stunt.

It happens all the time in sports. It may not be intentional sabotage but a case where the environment is simply not getting the extra something from the players. It isn't some tangible or deliberate thing.

It's also a confidence thing. They have zero. Zero confidence in the system (it seems) and this has led to zero confidence with themselves right now. They are thinking instead of reacting and doing. Some are playing very hard but they playing outside of the desired system. No one is on the page or even in the same book at this point. Guys are making mistakes they simply never made before.

Now I don't blame it all on Torts. These things have very much been creeping into their game for years under AV (who can forget the dreadful PK against the Kings that playoff year). Now it's like they hit criticality.

Last edited:

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Could you tell me how to trade 3 guys with no trade clauses, with 2 of them saying they aren't going anywhere? I'm not trying to call you out, just curious how this would be possible. There can't really be a "shakeup" when these players aren't going anywhere if they don't want to.
ya sit them out and piss them off,that is how.Think the NHL has to start limiting the amount of NTC per team.

Soth

Feb 18, 2010
ya sit them out and piss them off,that is how.Think the NHL has to start limiting the amount of NTC per team.

And then you never get another FA signing again... though the way this team has been going, that ship may have already sailed I suppose.

Soth

Feb 18, 2010
1. Divers: we deserved label at the time.

2. Mentally fragile… We had a 3-0 lead against Chicago and all of a sudden Bolland returns and we lose 3 straight games and need OT to put their ravaged by the cap team away. We melted down in Chicago the year before and in boston in the finals. When things didn't go our way we tended to unravel.

3. Burrows bit a guys finger, how is this even debatable.

4. Daniel took 12 straight jabs to the face with no response, thats wimpy sorry. Any kid on any playground that lets that happen would be called a wimp.

5. We as a fan base have rioted after our last two Stanley Cup finals. This basically never happens in any city after any sporting event. Id say we're a little classless overall.

The media has only reported the truth IMO. Issues with refs belong behind closed doors, when the Hawks lost game 2 in the 2011 series Scotty Bowman went into the refs room after the game. Burrows, Gillis both did things publicly. Our goaltending circus fragged on far too long, the Hodgson jabs were unnecessary and on and on. The organization brought it all on themselves.

Sometimes I get the feeling that there are a few "canuck" fans that are just here to troll and aren't really fans of the canucks. Hrm, interesting username you have there.

Revolution9*

1. Divers: we deserved label at the time.

2. Mentally fragile… We had a 3-0 lead against Chicago and all of a sudden Bolland returns and we lose 3 straight games and need OT to put their ravaged by the cap team away. We melted down in Chicago the year before and in boston in the finals. When things didn't go our way we tended to unravel.

3. Burrows bit a guys finger, how is this even debatable.

4. Daniel took 12 straight jabs to the face with no response, thats wimpy sorry. Any kid on any playground that lets that happen would be called a wimp.

5. We as a fan base have rioted after our last two Stanley Cup finals. This basically never happens in any city after any sporting event. Id say we're a little classless overall.

The media has only reported the truth IMO. Issues with refs belong behind closed doors, when the Hawks lost game 2 in the 2011 series Scotty Bowman went into the refs room after the game. Burrows, Gillis both did things publicly. Our goaltending circus fragged on far too long, the Hodgson jabs were unnecessary and on and on. The organization brought it all on themselves.
Wrong.

LA after The Lakers won
Edmonton when the made the SCF in 06
Montreal has had a few after playoff wins
Boston after the Red Sox Won in 04 (I think that's the right year)

Heck Vancouver has had a riot over a cancelled GnR show & if you knew anything about the Beatles show at Empire Field in 64 you'd know that THAT was a riot zone. The Beatles agreed that it was one of the craziest shows they did on that your (Minus the Ringo death threats in MTL)... Rioting has been in this cities blood LONG before its relation to Hockey. Over dramatic much?

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Bieksa was wrong about his rock bottom comment a few days ago. Last night was rock bottom and will be a defining moment for the Canucks. Either it will be a massive wake-up call and they will tear up Winnipeg tomorrow or it will signal significant change in the Canucks team/coaching/management structure.

I still believe in the core of the team enough that I think they take it to Winnipeg tomorrow. They'd better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad