Value of: Canucks firesale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kakko, Schneider, 2022 1st for Pettersson

love ya Ed but you keep ignoring reality of salary cap next yr

Fox 9.5 will take all of Strome + Geo + traded for futures\

there is zero way to fit him
zero

too much $$ tied up in Zib, Panarin, then Fox and still Kreider and the one we want to move tho he's been much better this yr, Trouba

do the math
the #s don't lie

Reactions: EdJovanovski

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
If you knew how hard some Avs fans have been trying to force feed Sam Girard to us (for reasons that remain unclear) you’d be annoyed too.

I don't follow these threads so I am unaware of that. Girard is a good player so 'spare parts' is a little misguided.

Then trade Matthews for him. We have Hughes and OEL long term that he will not move past.

"Trade Matthews for him". How about grow up and learn to have an intelligent conversation?

I didn't suggest the Canucks should trade anything for Girard. With that said, calling Girard 'spare parts' is emotional and out of touch.

Reactions: Ragdoll and um

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I don't follow these threads so I am unaware of that. Girard is a good player so 'spare parts' is a little misguided.

"Trade Matthews for him". How about grow up and learn to have an intelligent conversation?

I didn't suggest the Canucks should trade anything for Girard. With that said, calling Girard 'spare parts' is emotional and out of touch.

How about don't follow this thread either then?

You came into a thread that has nothing to do with the Leafs and told me I should be embarrassed for my view that a spare player, to both the seller and proposed buyer, is "spare parts" after a half dozen thread full of personal attacks about how Girard is better then every Canuck player. How about YOU grow up and don't open with an insult.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Probably accurate.

A first and an RHD defender, with emphasis on size, defensive play and physicality, would be where we'd have to start. But until Benning is canned, it's not likely to happen unless its a hockey trade at this stage.
Manson + 1st

we’d have to add to that obviously

but Manson is a ufa and on decline and our 1st would def need protection…. As much as boeser would be a good add for us I just don’t see teams as good trade partners

hoping perreault/pastujov can become palmeiri or boeser types

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
How about don't follow this thread either then?

You came into a thread that has nothing to do with the Leafs and told me I should be embarrassed for my view that a spare player, to both the seller and proposed buyer, is "spare parts" after a half dozen thread full of personal attacks about how Girard is better then every Canuck player. How about YOU grow up and don't open with an insult.
This is the main boards. I'm allowed to post in whatever thread I want to post in.

Your opinion is embarrassing. If Girard is spare parts, so is more than half of the league. Grow up. Stop being so emotional.

Reactions: um

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Manson + 1st

we’d have to add to that obviously

but Manson is a ufa and on decline and our 1st would def need protection…. As much as boeser would be a good add for us I just don’t see teams as good trade partners

hoping perreault/pastujov can become palmeiri or boeser types

I don't have anything against Manson, but Poolman/Hamonic+Boeser is definitely better for us to, ahem, "compete" with then Manson, but his inclusion isn't a deal breaker as an asset.

That first being protected could be something to be discussed, either pushing the pick to next year or having some kind of return going to Anaheim if it's top-whatever.

But yes, we'd need to see what that add would be, assuming Benning is fired into space where he can't hurt hockey ever again.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
This is the main boards. I'm allowed to post in whatever thread I want to post in.

Your opinion is embarrassing. If Girard is spare parts, so is more than half of the league. Grow up. Stop being so emotional.

Girard is spare parts to two teams to whom this concerns. Both teams have better players at the same position and role as Girard, or at least in Colorado's case enough players close enough to not miss him.

Post in whatever thread you want, but you come in here blind to any context, by your own admission, and feel you're being insulted when someone claps back when you open up with insults. Being a fan of the worst historical team in hockey doesn't make you an authority on other teams. The only one that should be embarrassed, and needs to grow up, is you.

Reactions: Groo

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Girard is spare parts to two teams to whom this concerns. Both teams have better players at the same position and role as Girard, or at least in Colorado's case enough players close enough to not miss him.

Post in whatever thread you want, but you come in here blind to any context, by your own admission, and feel you're being insulted when someone claps back when you open up with insults. Being a fan of the worst historical team in hockey doesn't make you an authority on other teams. The only one that should be embarrassed, and needs to grow up, is you.
There are 36 posts in this thread. I've read them all.

I was unaware that there was a pre-requisite to read all other Canucks related threads prior to posting in a current thread. For this, I apologize.

Calling Girard spare parts is a reflection of you having your feelings hurt more so than it reflects his actual value. If I called Pearson spare parts, does that make him spare parts? Pearson has value. That comment would be just as silly.

Spare parts players are picked up on waivers.

Reactions: um

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
love ya Ed but you keep ignoring reality of salary cap next yr

Fox 9.5 will take all of Strome + Geo + traded for futures\

there is zero way to fit him
zero

too much $$ tied up in Zib, Panarin, then Fox and still Kreider and the one we want to move tho he's been much better this yr, Trouba

do the math
the #s don't lie

Put Zibanejad in the deal?

EP40
Jack Rathbone
Michael DiPietro
2nd round pick

for

Zib
B. Schneider
Kakko

Am I way off-base?
Vancouver can add if required.
But you know Pettersson would absolutely flourish in NYC, and the Nucks need some fresh blood.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't have anything against Manson, but Poolman/Hamonic+Boeser is definitely better for us to, ahem, "compete" with then Manson, but his inclusion isn't a deal breaker as an asset.

That first being protected could be something to be discussed, either pushing the pick to next year or having some kind of return going to Anaheim if it's top-whatever.

But yes, we'd need to see what that add would be, assuming Benning is fired into space where he can't hurt hockey ever again.
Ya like i said prob not great trade partners... and hopefully Perreault can become a similer player to boeser next year +.... im actually more on the line of cutting fat from anaheim and adding some more assets... and if the right established player comes along go all in on them. If matthew Tkachuk becomes available id love to get him.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
There are 36 posts in this thread. I've read them all.

I was unaware that there was a pre-requisite to read all other Canucks related threads prior to posting in a current thread. For this, I apologize.

Calling Girard spare parts is a reflection of you having your feelings hurt more so than it reflects his actual value. If I called Pearson spare parts, does that make him spare parts? Pearson has value. That comment would be just as silly.

Spare parts players are picked up on waivers.

Show off. No wonder you're so grouchy, after all that reading.

There is clearly a lot you're not aware of. Like sarcasm doesn't translate to text. Or that there are more than 36 posts of Avalanche fans obsessively trying to sell us on Girard, their most expendable defender.

Pearson is the epitome of spare parts. We could put him on waivers and which ever of Garland, Podkolzin or Hoglander, or hell, even Petan, isn't already playing with Horvat would either seamlessly step in, or dare I say, improve that line. You know who he wouldn't spare parts to though? Any team that puts a claim on him, as they would have a use for him versus his salary. Perhaps they lack depth, perhaps they have an injury, perhaps they have cap space and are looking to improve scoring their bottom six. Do you know who shouldn't be trading for Pearson? A team that can't afford him, has a number of left wingers that out score him, and generally has no use for him. He'd be no better than spare parts to that team. Those teams should not be trading one of their star players for him, which is exactly what a number of Colorado fans have been screeching at us to do for six full threads.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Ya like i said prob not great trade partners... and hopefully Perreault can become a similer player to boeser next year +.... im actually more on the line of cutting fat from anaheim and adding some more assets... and if the right established player comes along go all in on them. If matthew Tkachuk becomes available id love to get him.

Most fanbases are very protective of their prospects, and I get that, so if it's not a fit, it's not the end of the world. Perreault is looking good from my limited exposure, I hope he works out. And regarding Tkachuk, you and me both.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
in reality one first is to take away koskinens salary. Remove him from the deal and move him elsewhere
It’s the last year of his contract. The Oilers won’t be paying anyone to take him.

The reality is that the team that trades the Oilers a goalie will need to take him back to get the deal to happen.

We’re well past the point of adding stuff just to move Koskinen’s contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad