Value of: Canucks firesale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Not going to make an offer but will ask what you would want for Demko

Edit: I will make an offer . Demko + Miller for Holloway + 2021 st + Yamamoto + 2022 1st + Koskinen + Turris . Got to send cap back . Still not sure it works cap

Demko was just resigned to a long term contract, so I don't know that he'd be moved.

Two firsts, even if one was last draft's, is a good start.

Holloway doesn't really do anything for me, although I am by no means an expert on his development, and Yamamoto isn't more then a middle six guy in my eyes though.

Turris and Koskinen as cap dumps are cap dumps, I won't deride a necessity for a trade. Gotta cap.

We could retain on Miller for the next year and a half, as you guys seem pretty tight against the cap. But then we've had better offers for Miller. Add in sending a player like Miller and our starting goaltender to a division rival, and I don't see the Canucks going for something like this.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Pieces like Demko, Hughes, and Pettersson are extremely hard to find, and should be good enough to build a core around. Any kind of fire sale is a massive mistake. Vancouver just needs to be better at finding supportive players. The defence is especially bad. I have no idea why guys like Poolman, Hamonic, and Schenn were given multi-year deals. The bottom six needs lots of work too. The Canucks have a bad habit of signing guys like Pearson to big deals after a short stint of good play.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
That's a crazy amount for less than 2 years of JT Miller. Unless he re-signs in Ottawa that not happening. I would say a 2022 2nd Rounder and JBD/Brannstrom/Thomson and perhaps a another B level prospect. If he extends that a different story.

Pinto is highly regarded in the Sens org and not getting moved. Especially since we are super thin at centre as it is.

None of the D mentioned, and I know it was PH that brought them up, really do much as fit for what we need from a RHD prospect to be the main piece for Miller. A second, an early second based on current standings, and a B tier prospect wouldn't really add enough for me to pull the trigger here. Yes, it's only 2 years of Miller, but if that's what's holding back your interest, we have other forwards. Miller does everything for us that we can ask for from a 1st line forward, and we have to be looking for the right fit as opposed to just hitting a value threshold.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm not going back through multiple threads, you can do that since you like replying to week old posts. Look at Van's D and look at the goals against and shots against and their corsi.. it's terrible. They obviously need help on their back end and many NHL d men are more than capable of playing their opposite side
Under more reasonable circumstances, I'd follow up with something inquiring about whether or not Girard in praticular has shown that ability, because many more NHL d-men take a significant performance dive when they attempt to do that. But I'm getting the distinct impression (mostly based on how you came into here pretty much openly trolling) here that Canucks fans have already reviewed that information, decided it's not to their liking, had that discussion, and then had to sit and endure as folks who've had their dreams of poaching forward help crushed get all shrill and pushy about it, and so I don't expect any debate in good faith to be coming along anytime soon.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
As for my own teams... I'm not sure if either the Jackets or the Preds can spare what Vancouver seems to need. Which is unfortunate. The Jackets do have extra picks, but we can't afford to lose RHDs (we're a bit short on that ourselves), and I get the impression that that's the sort of thing that would require Benning and Aquawhateverthehellhisnameis to commit to something they don't wanna do.

Personally, I like Horvat. Yes, Miller keeps getting offered, but I'm really ambivalent/worried about Miller's see-saw approach to gameplay consistency. And he's from a part of Ohio that's closer to Pittsburgh and Cleveland than Columbus, so that argument isn't going to work. ;)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pieces like Demko, Hughes, and Pettersson are extremely hard to find, and should be good enough to build a core around. Any kind of fire sale is a massive mistake. Vancouver just needs to be better at finding supportive players. The defence is especially bad. I have no idea why guys like Poolman, Hamonic, and Schenn were given multi-year deals. The bottom six needs lots of work too. The Canucks have a bad habit of signing guys like Pearson to big deals after a short stint of good play.

Agree with Hughes and Pettersson but not with Demko.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
This all seems so pointless! We’ve already did a “retool/ rebuild” (whatever dim Jim was calling it). The only thing we have yet to do is hire a competent GM and coach. Let’s start with that, first and foremost!

Would not trust Benning to make any further deals!

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Demko was just resigned to a long term contract, so I don't know that he'd be moved.

Holloway doesn't really do anything for me, although I am by no means an expert on his development, and Yamamoto isn't more then a middle six guy in my eyes though.

Turris and Koskinen as cap dumps are cap dumps, I won't deride a necessity for a trade. Gotta cap.

We could retain on Miller for the next year and a half, as you guys seem pretty tight against the cap. But then we've had better offers for Miller. Add in sending a player like Miller and our starting goaltender to a division rival, and I don't see the Canucks going for something like this.

That is a huge offer. Bluntly, it is too much to trade away Holloway + 2021 1st + Yamamoto + 2022 1st + Koskinen + Turris, basically 4 first round assets with two really short term cap dumps for Miller and Demko.

Holloway is a stud and Oilers fans are (and should be) loath to deal away. I personally think he is better suited as a winger than center because of his strong work along the boards. I could be wrong, but I think the consensus he is a can't miss blue chip prospect.

Yamamoto has yet to recreate his near ppg rookie year. He is doing okay this year but I have some reservations about his size. I think he is worth more than a 2nd, maybe like a late first is better value.

All of that for Miller and Demko? Nope. I can't see any team ever offering that.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
That is a huge offer. Bluntly, it is too much to trade away Holloway + 2021 1st + Yamamoto + 2022 1st + Koskinen + Turris, basically 4 first round assets with two really short term cap dumps for Miller and Demko.

Holloway is a stud and Oilers fans are (and should be) loath to deal away. I personally think he is better suited as a winger than center because of his strong work along the boards. I could be wrong, but I think the consensus he is a can't miss blue chip prospect.

Yamamoto has yet to recreate his near ppg rookie year. He is doing okay this year but I have some reservations about his size. I think he is worth more than a 2nd, maybe like a late first is better value.

All of that for Miller and Demko? Nope. I can't see any team ever offering that.

Well, then all the best trying to find a ppg, all situations forward and starting goalie for your budget. Cheers.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

I agree it only makes sense if the Canucks are looking at a long term rebuild . If they are looking to retool I would think Demko would be an untouchable . Canuck seems to have a good system for developing goalies .

Reactions: Cogburn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad