Value of: Canucks firesale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
We kind of need C too...and RHD.

A first and some good prospects start the conversation, although for a real firesale we're waiting on Benning to be shot into orbit.

Barrie led all defensemen in points last year and he plays on the right side.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Barrie led all defensemen in points last year and he plays on the right side.

That he did, but we already have a lot of cap tied up in Hughes, OEL and Myers, who are all point producing D. Allegedly. Barrie is not a player we should be trading our starting goalie for, given the make up of our team.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
We kind of need C too...and RHD.

A first and some good prospects start the conversation, although for a real firesale we're waiting on Benning to be shot into orbit.
I here you, maybe we can send Dorion and Benning together? In terms of price, JT has 2 years left on his $5.85M deal I think a couple of good prospects and picks might be the price here if he does get moved.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Garland is someone I'd rather keep, but we need RHD and, hilariously now, center prospects. High picks. High energy players like Garland. We are relatively well stocked on winger and LHD prospects/young players, but someone over the top wouldn't be dismissed lightly.

Out side of Madden, I don't know a lot about the Kings prospects though, aside from top talent, which I presume would be unavailable.

I would do Walker + Madden/fagemo however not sure how to fit garland into LA forward group.
Walker is out for the year so would help the canucks draft pick this year

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
in reality one first is to take away koskinens salary. Remove him from the deal and move him elsewhere
Koskinen doesn't have negative value. He's in the final year of his deal, and he's been playing well. If he had another year on his deal I could see teams wanting something to take him on, but he doesn't, so no on any sort of incentive to take him, especially a 1st.

As per the trade that was being discussed, I would willingly give up 2 firsts+ for Demko, but Demko is probably the last player Vancouver should be trading.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I here you, maybe we can send Dorion and Benning together? In terms of price, JT has 2 years left on his $5.85M deal I think a couple of good prospects and picks might be the price here if he does get moved.

Plenty of room for Dorion. Let's throw ownership in there too.

He can play in all positions and has been floating at close to a ppg in his time in Vancouver. I want to make a comparison to when Stone was moved, but I don't think the situations line up as well as I'm picturing.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I would do Walker + Madden/fagemo however not sure how to fit garland into LA forward group.

We could do worse. We are familiar with Madden as an organization, and Walker would be an alright RHD upgrade on our guys based on what I'd seen. Given what we gave up for him, and his long term deal that was just signed, I would be looking for something shinier, but the offer hits what we need pretty well. It's what we're giving up that gives me pause.

Reactions: YP44

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Not point for anyone to make any threads with Vancouver players as their fan base expects blue chip++ returns when their players are struggling. Also apparently Vancouver doesn't need any help on the back end as their D core is "really good"
Show me one quote, where this is said. The Canucks D has been our weakest position for a couple years. Girard wasn't the Canucks biggest need with both Hughes and OEL on the roster long term - so moving assets to acquire another similar LHD doesn't make sense. What as BS post - lets see your evidence other than a choice to be an ass.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Again I never offered Girard in this thread. I simply stated that most Vancouver fans expect the moon for a return for struggling players who have not shown any progress over the past year and a half. Also once again you prove my point that with your opinions of players is exactly the reason why Vancouver is stuck in the bubble team zone and keep picking between 7 to 15
Fans expectations and player evaluation is the reason the Canucks pick between 7-15 every year? Keep up with the ignorant comments - fans don't actually have any say in actual player movement or roster construction - great take, did you share this with the rest of your Mensa group?

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I wouldn't be interested in a 27 year old middle pairing Dman and prospect with limited upside for Garland. We essentially traded the 9th overall for him this past summer. Under 26 RHD that can compliment Hughes is our #1 need. After that C depth and players that give a f**k would be good.

Reactions: PettersonHughes

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
Fans expectations and player evaluation is the reason the Canucks pick between 7-15 every year? Keep up with the ignorant comments - fans don't actually have any say in actual player movement or roster construction - great take, did you share this with the rest of your Mensa group?

Since when?

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
Show me one quote, where this is said. The Canucks D has been our weakest position for a couple years. Girard wasn't the Canucks biggest need with both Hughes and OEL on the roster long term - so moving assets to acquire another similar LHD doesn't make sense. What as BS post - lets see your evidence other than a choice to be an ass.
I'm not going back through multiple threads, you can do that since you like replying to week old posts. Look at Van's D and look at the goals against and shots against and their corsi.. it's terrible. They obviously need help on their back end and many NHL d men are more than capable of playing their opposite side

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I'm not going back through multiple threads, you can do that since you like replying to week old posts. Look at Van's D and look at the goals against and shots against and their corsi.. it's terrible. They obviously need help on their back end and many NHL d men are more than capable of playing their opposite side

We do and have stated as much, but let me make this real clear, since reading comprehension is so ridiculously hard for you and a few members of your fanbase:

We as fans with absolutely ZERO control over what happens with this team do not support a trade involving one of our star players for a Girard type Dman, by saying this I am not saying any of said players are top 5 in the league, nor super elite players, nor more valuable then every player on the av's, nor that our team is not in need of blue line help, nor that our team is somehow radically underachieving and will dramatically improve with what we have, nor that Demko is a top 5 goalie in the league, nor that Girard is a bum and not a very good dman.

We simply feel that he would be redundant within this organization with OEL and Hughes, that's it, now please stop trying to convince us, and really stop throwing tantrums when we say we as fans (who once again have ZERO control over the team) say we don't support these trades.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
as a neutral fan i would think girardi for miller has some merit when byram comes back from injury. colorado could use a little more snarl and vancouver could use help on d . now where any pluses would go is up to someone else being that it's 2 years vs 5 years remaining on the contracts .

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Man I'd love to get J.T. Miller to Ottawa. We need a quality C badly.
How much?

Healthy Shane Pinto, JBD and a pick? Given that they're pretty much NHL-ready? (side note, did your team step in front of a Mac truck? How is everyone injured?)

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
what would you want from the Kings prospect wise for Garland?

Frankly I'm not sure. Safe but talented top-6 potential C (preferably RH but seems like Vilardi is starting slow, you guys probably won't include Byfield, and I'd want a bigger forward coming back, and not sure about the ceiling for your other center prospects) and young and safe RH defenseman with some size (not sure Matt Roy fits that billing, ceiling wise). My dream ask is for Kempe (speedy and can create on his own, but it might be a lateral move in your team's eyes which defeats the purpose).

Given my criteria, what's your best offer?

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Oh, the Canucks aren't actually on fire.:(

Maybe not, but management right now is quite literally the dog in a burning house meme
This-is-Fine-300x300.jpg

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Healthy Shane Pinto, JBD and a pick? Given that they're pretty much NHL-ready? (side note, did your team step in front of a Mac truck? How is everyone injured?)
That's a crazy amount for less than 2 years of JT Miller. Unless he re-signs in Ottawa that not happening. I would say a 2022 2nd Rounder and JBD/Brannstrom/Thomson and perhaps a another B level prospect. If he extends that a different story.

Pinto is highly regarded in the Sens org and not getting moved. Especially since we are super thin at centre as it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad