Value of: Canucks firesale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Put Zibanejad in the deal?

EP40
Jack Rathbone
Michael DiPietro
2nd round pick

for

Zib
B. Schneider
Kakko

Am I way off-base?
Vancouver can add if required.
But you know Pettersson would absolutely flourish in NYC, and the Nucks need some fresh blood.

setting aside any ? of this with an open mind, Zib has full player control nmc until wk before td of his last yr.
He took coupla mil less to be here
He won't go anywhere

Prior to his deal, at 5.6 or whatev he was a primo, primo rental this yr, but that is no longer the case

We would only have interest in ElPet or Pod
and ElPet we cannot afford to fit in salary cap next yr w/Fox going from elc to 9.5 per
Any ElPet type must wait until Trouba's 8m per is moved

Pod/+ can theoretically go for correct mix of vet + prospect + pick
which I understand VAN does not want to do unless there is enuf profit

is that deal there?
not immediately seeing it, but maybe...

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
The only guy it makes sense for the Canucks to trade is Miller.
Makes zero sense to trade any of the young core — these are the guys they should be building around (EP, Boeser, Horvat, Höglander, Podkolzin, Garland, Hughes, Rathbone) as for the older guys, they won’t get squat for them.

That is, other than Miller, who has a year and 3/4 left at just over 5 million per and the dude has been a point per game player. He hits, he blocks, he can take face-offs, he’s exactly what a contender could use to get over the top.

Who is giving us a first and a stud young RHD?

Face it Canucks fans we are not winning the cup in the next two years and after that we don’t want to pay Miller a Wheeler contract through his 30s. It totally makes sense to move anyone over 25, so the new GM can build something here, and he is the best candidate.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Realistically: Miller and Pearson are the two biggest candidates to be traded. And they’ve been our two most consistent players this season.
Pearson is in year 1 of 3, I highly doubt someones grabbing him.

Miller atleast has solid appeal and can get a decent return with his contract.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
The only guy it makes sense for the Canucks to trade is Miller.
Makes zero sense to trade any of the young core — these are the guys they should be building around (EP, Boeser, Horvat, Höglander, Podkolzin, Garland, Hughes, Rathbone) as for the older guys, they won’t get squat for them.

That is, other than Miller, who has a year and 3/4 left at just over 5 million per and the dude has been a point per game player. He hits, he blocks, he can take face-offs, he’s exactly what a contender could use to get over the top.

Who is giving us a first and a stud young RHD?

Face it Canucks fans we are not winning the cup in the next two years and after that we don’t want to pay Miller a Wheeler contract through his 30s. It totally makes sense to move anyone over 25, so the new GM can build something here, and he is the best candidate.
Say it aint so! Thats not what Aquillini keeps telling us!

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Not point for anyone to make any threads with Vancouver players as their fan base expects blue chip++ returns when their players are struggling. Also apparently Vancouver doesn't need any help on the back end as their D core is "really good"
We got one top notch offensive D and rest is 4-6 quality players lmao.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Not point for anyone to make any threads with Vancouver players as their fan base expects blue chip++ returns when their players are struggling. Also apparently Vancouver doesn't need any help on the back end as their D core is "really good"
Welcome to Hf boards! Where when your best players are struggling over a 15 game sample size offers are low balls and then the posters offering said lowballs get upset you don’t take their crap gift wrapped with a 1st or 2nd for your best players

sorry we can see behind that bow is a bunch of crap that we don’t want or need and generally tends to be crap you can’t wait to get rid of either.
Ex: jt compher y’all keep trying to shove down our throats when just 15 games ago most of your fan base figured you’d have to pay to dump him

Reactions: Viqsi and Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
what would you want from the Kings prospect wise for Garland?

Garland is someone I'd rather keep, but we need RHD and, hilariously now, center prospects. High picks. High energy players like Garland. We are relatively well stocked on winger and LHD prospects/young players, but someone over the top wouldn't be dismissed lightly.

Out side of Madden, I don't know a lot about the Kings prospects though, aside from top talent, which I presume would be unavailable.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I wonder what a demko to Edmonton deal would look like

To Edmonton: demko

to vancouver: koiskonenen +2022 first + 2023 first +???? + ????

Well bluntly not something like this. No goaltender in the league lands multiple firsts ++.

Also, it might be hard for HF Board users to catch up with the Oilers but the days are gone where Koskinen would cost a 1st to move. Last year of his contract and he has been playing lights out good. Can it last? I don't know about that, but he was the reason the Oilers stole a win out of St. Louis last night.

It’d be worth it.

No it wouldn't.

What's the offer, because we're getting scammed with most of the offers being presented.

Yeah, I don't want to scam anyone. I can see a pick and a prospect going to the 'Nucks in a Demko deal, but some $$$ has to move as well, this being the reality of a cap world.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Guys who will have value and and probably should be traded:

Miller: One of the most entertaining players to watch when he's on and most frustrating when he's not.

Horvat: Low end offensive 1C/2c. Faceoffs could make him potentially very sought after, but his reputation of being a 2 way force is just a carry over from Juniors. Really interested to see him what he looks like with a proper developmental team and system

Both these guys should get the standard 1st/young roster player/top 5 prospect that you see for players of this caliber, though if young dman like Dobson and Smith are available for them the Canucks might be willing to take less value

Motte: 4th liner grinder/pker on a cap friendly contract. GM's might get tunnel vision from what Tampa has done with Goodrow and Coleman and offer more then a mid round pick.

Halak?

Guys who should be traded, but have little to no value:

OEL: Even if he has been playing better no is going to touch this timebomb of a contract, except perhaps another Benning

Myers: We really need to get out of this contract, but I can't see any takers without taking an equally bad one back. 4/5 dman paid like #2 who is very mistake prone and inconsistent. Like every dman that plays for Travis Green I except him to look better somewhere else and a team with actual structure might be the best place for him ala Shattenkirk in Tampa

Poolman: Nothing player, making 1.5 Mill more then he should with 4 years left

Hamonic: With the vax issue no is touching him this year, but next year with one year left should generate some interest as vet defensive defensemen that can occasionally play up in the top 4

Dickinson: bottom 6 vanilla winger making 1.5M more then he should with 3 years left

Pearson: Probably could have gotten alot last year if we traded him, but with his new contract he's not getting anything this year

Waiver wire
Dowling
Laminko
Chiasson
Hunt
Burroughs
Bailey
Bowey

Not getting traded

Hoglander
Demko
Hughes
Garland
Pod
Pettersson (stop sending offers; The Canucks aren't trading him when his value is at it's lowest point. We'll see 1 year from now)

Maybe?

Boeser

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
He really hasn't been that impressive as a starter. With his age I would think that his value is far higher to the Canucks

His stats were pretty impressive before his last 2 games and he plays for one of the worse defensive teams in the league that routinely give up grade A chances

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah, I don't want to scam anyone. I can see a pick and a prospect going to the 'Nucks in a Demko deal, but some $$$ has to move as well, this being the reality of a cap world.

Adding equal cap isn't a deal break if it's short term, but someone like Koskanen doesn't do anything for us in terms of value either. Having Demko isn't a burden, as we can clearly tank with the team in front of him, so a first or second and something to make it worth our while, a prospect or young player. With Demko, I'd expect Edmonton to do well, and trading our last young goalie on the cusp of becoming a star got us Horvat, and we had to move Schneider. If the price is too high here, not a problem, but Demko isn't a guy we need to move or should move at this stage.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
He really hasn't been that impressive as a starter. With his age I would think that his value is far higher to the Canucks

Fair enough. We're more than happy to keep him through the rebuild, so unless we get something we need out of the deal, we don't really have incentive to move him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad