Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Sharks - 4-3 (OT) (Burroughs, Mikheyev, Pettersson, Kuzmenko)

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
tbh i think it’s totally appropriate to take some liberties if you aren’t a white family. if a Filipinx family wants to name their kid kryztofer or if a Black lady wants her kid to be anfernee hardaway, i say go nuts. the queen doesn’t don’t own those names.

but if you are white, it’s like why the f*** is my name krystyn or jeni4 or schjon podein?
Such a middle class North American wasp take.

There have been white bogans for decades now.

• Haha
Reactions: quat

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Team back to being too shit to win enough.

And too shit to lose enough.

Mediocrity here we come.

Bet mgmt doesn’t have the balls to trade Horvat either.

As long as they know what crazy record they would need to go from here on out which is almost impossible, they should be ok with trading BoHo at or before deadline.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I like Kuze but he’s playing with Petey that’s on a tear rn. His number away from him aren’t all the flattering.

People used to talk the same about Panarin when he played with Kane... I mean Kane had his best regular season playing with Panarin but a lot of people ignored that fact... Petersson is great but he obviously benefits a lot from the whole line is clicking.

Reactions: Grantham

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
Little known fact but Brock Boeser has an absolutely ugly -12 +/-. Worst on the team. Tied for 7th worst in the league.

Kind of incredible that Dries and Stillman are -7 in only 11 games each. Pearson's -9 is also terrible and Miller's -7 is mostly driven by how terrible he was to start the season.
Unfortunately, not really a surprise at all. He made another terrible giveaway in the first period of this game, same as he did last game. He just has no try out there anymore it seems.

I really don't know where the narrative came from that gets bandied around in the media that he's a strong defensive player who wins board battles. That has not been the case since he came into the league, but at least he had the skill and confidence his first couple years to outweigh those issues. These days the cycle is as good as over as soon as he gets into a puck battle in the corner or behind the net.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana and Vector

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Kuzmenko is definately a star player. In terms of forwards I think this is as deep as it gets.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Team back to being too shit to win enough.

And too shit to lose enough.

Mediocrity here we come.

Bet mgmt doesn’t have the balls to trade Horvat either.

Yep.

Like I said early in the tank thread. We pick 8th - 12th this year.

I'm really scared they don't move Horvat. Will probably be at a striking distance of a playoff spot at the TDL.

Honestly. I don't feel much win or lose. We are now in a sewer and I don't know when we will be out of it.

We are 3 years away from being 3 years away. Who ever we would draft this year wont be on his ELC and with the contracts RFAs command now having a super talented player on his 2nd contract is no longer the kind of superweapon they used to be.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Yep.

Like I said early in the tank thread. We pick 8th - 12th this year.

I'm really scared they don't move Horvat. Will probably be at a striking distance of a playoff spot at the TDL.

Honestly. I don't feel much win or lose. We are now in a sewer and I don't know when we will be out of it.

We are 3 years away from being 3 years away. Who ever we would draft this year wont be on his ELC and with the contracts RFAs command now having a super talented player on his 2nd contract is no longer the kind of superweapon they used to be.
dude, just enjoy a hockey game.

Reactions: Indiana and DL44

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Canucks were tired but they dug in deep and got the win on b2b against a bottom team. This is what good teams do - if they want to make the playoffs. Job well done.

Burroughs in for Stillman is such a huge difference. Brings balance to the D corps. He should be re-signed asap while trying to ditch Stillman.

Good bounce back game by Demko. He’s still not 100% and we all know he definitely has Hart-trophy like goaltending potential.

A step in the right direction but I still wouldn’t rush it. One bad game and he’s back to square one. Martin still is my goalie for next game.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Washington next. Was our 3rd straight loss of the start of the season. Kind of arbitrary but losing 1 or 2 kinda whatever but the 3rd 4th 5th are like ya this is bad.

Wonder if next game can play redemption a bit also puts us '500' with a W.

Maybe overly poetic or looking into nothing but let's win.

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
Unfortunately, not really a surprise at all. He made another terrible giveaway in the first period of this game, same as he did last game. He just has no try out there anymore it seems.

I really don't know where the narrative came from that gets bandied around in the media that he's a strong defensive player who wins board battles. That has not been the case since he came into the league, but at least he had the skill and confidence his first couple years to outweigh those issues. These days the cycle is as good as over as soon as he gets into a puck battle in the corner or behind the boards.

the year he put up 49pts in 56 games he was one of our best players. that was when they had him playing with jt a lot and u could see miller yelling at him to compete harder sometimes. he looked good.

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
Great win,,love Kuzmenko, management has a lot of work to do before they even think this team can make the playoffs.You can not win a series with this line up.They need more size up front,,defense is still ugly,,and your #1goaltender is now your number 2...

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Not to cry over spilt milk but man this team could have been in so much better of a position if it had just won a few of the games where it blew those late leads.
Hopefully that pattern is in the rear view mirror as is the dreadful PK. The offensive numbers and the PP are those of a top playoff team but the PK, blown leads, D and goaltending stats still need to vastly improve.

Reactions: quat and Ozone

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Not to cry over spilt milk but man this team could have been in so much better of a position if it had just won a few of the games where it blew those late leads.
Hopefully that pattern is in the rear view mirror as is the dreadful PK. The offensive numbers and the PP are those of a top playoff team but the PK, blown leads, D and goaltending stats still need to vastly improve.
Jimbo's not the GM anymore.

Get over it.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
The Canucks did good they won a "scheduled loss".

Third win in a row!

Put them into a great chance for a WC playoff spot.

This is a positive game post, the reality I will save for the Winter is Coming thread

• Love
Reactions: Indiana and quat

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
f*** that. People want to get excited because they beat SJ in OT? Best of luck to them.

They you can't bitch and complain that the team is going f*** all anywhere.

But I'm sure it's all Benning's fault and that this mgmt group couldn't do anything for the last year because their hands were tied.

i feel for you that you cannot enjoy this. we just won three good games. our best player is showing massive progression into a two way player and some random dude we somehow stole from russia is scoring beautiful goals in ot. the last time that happened it was 1991.

i can recall when there was with no cap to worry about. winning hockey games on the ice was all there was to worry about and it remains what i enjoy about hockey. for me, the cap is a distraction and a necessary evil, not the focus of being a hockey fan. you should try being in the moment some time. the problem with the cap era is it ends up that some people are more interested in hockey management than actual hockey. and the nature of the cap means that about 75% of those types of fans in the league are unhappy at any given time. so let go a little.

Reactions: lousy and Nomobo

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
^ I think all of us just want some good vibrations for the team. Some aren't feeling that vibe. That's fine. For me, I'm trying to enjoy the wins as they come to not go crazy. I don't feel the vibe either, but I'd very much like to. After a really tough start, it's nice to the boys smiling again. If there's those who disagree, that will be whatever it will be. But on either side, if after a few wins or a few losses, people come here for a spin of the "told you so" circle. That I can not abide. That stupid tribalism that takes turns claiming this is the best team ever or worst team ever. It's not. It's a mediocre, playoff bubble team. Just enjoy it for that in whatever way you want. Just don't make it my problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad