Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Sharks - 4-3 (OT) (Burroughs, Mikheyev, Pettersson, Kuzmenko)

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: November 27th, 5:00PM PST
WHERE: SAP Center, San Jose, CA, USA
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Miller-Horvat-Hoglander
Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Mikheyev
Garland-Dries-Boeser
Joshua-Åman-Lazar

Hughes-Schenn
OEL-Bear
Burroughs-Myers

Demko

Sharks Line-Up:

Meier-Hertl-Labanc
Nieto-Couture-Barabanov
Gregor-Bonino-Kunin
Lindblom-Lorentz-Svechnikov

Megna-Karlsson
Vlasic-Benning
Simek-Cicek

Kahkonen

Last edited:

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
I know Demko is their guy but shouldn't we ride the hot goalie right now, assuming we are still trying to make the playoff?

Sharks has a surprisingly lethal offense, not sure Demko is the answer tomorrow.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Just had the best game of the season, now playing a much worse team on a B2B Sunday matinee. Screams let down. Hopefully we’ll show up for this.

Reactions: mossey3535

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Did we really play some great game?

I thought we no showed for the start of 1st and 2nd period.

Played really well for 2 10min stretches off of power play momentum.

Got bailed out by a superb game by Martin.

Reactions: Zippgunn

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
At this point Demko should only be starting against the bottom teams in NHL like Sharks, Chicago, Arizona, etc and on back to backs.

Otherwise, it should be Martins net unless Demko gets going here and back to form….

Hoping for a rebound game by Demko to build confidence

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
At this point Demko should only be starting against the bottom teams in NHL like Sharks, Chicago, Arizona, etc and on back to backs.

Otherwise, it should be Martins net unless Demko gets going here and back to form….

Hoping for a rebound game by Demko to build confidence

Bruce will be coaching for his job so he will just try to win the next game with no long term concerns.

For the team it would be of utmost importance that we do what ever it takes for Demko to find his form.

Reactions: Tact

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I would be not completely surprised if Boudreau decides to turn to Martin again, here. Demko needs to play his way out of his slump at the moment, but Martin has been giving his team a chance in every start he’s had.

Reactions: Indiana

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Keys to tonight:

1. Don't take the foot off the gas
2. Don't let Karlsson have a multi point game
3. Don't have a bad game Demko

Reactions: Tact

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
best case scenario, demko starts and the team carries its momentum of the last two to give him a winable game and start to build his confidence back

then for the next while, give the goalies a fairly even split, with marty getting the slightly heavier and harder workload, à la young kirk mclean when he was struggling and we turned to troy gamble to give him support

demko will find his way back, and we really really need him to. petey is amazing and hughes is a total revelation but imo demko is still the only guy on this team with hart trophy upside.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Bruce will be coaching for his job so he will just try to win the next game with no long term concerns.

For the team it would be of utmost importance that we do what ever it takes for Demko to find his form.
Well I think Bruce did do whatever it took for Demko to find his form.

He’s played 13 games and he’s 2-9-2 with a 0.883%. Regardless of the teams struggles, that’s simply not going to cut it - especially with a team with playoffs aspirations.

Player ownership needs to be taken here - not the coaching staff. BB just recently has gone with Martin here and rightfully so because he has given us a chance to win every game he starts.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver

So what we did last year when we went on our good run?

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I missed last nights game cause I was watching Bedard but Ill watch tonight’s, I’m excited. 2 wins in a row and all of a sudden I’m on team playoffs
Is this what schizophrenics experience ?

Reactions: Kreator

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria

Other than the first 10 minutes we dominated the game. Even the start to the 2nd period, we had a multi goal lead and played smart then took advantage of opportunities.

Martin played well and made a couple key saves early, but hardly had to stand on his head. The team fully deserved the result they got.

Anything but give the team credit, eh.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
3l67hv.jpg

Reactions: CherryToke

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Other than the first 10 minutes we dominated the game. Even the start to the 2nd period, we had a multi goal lead and played smart then took advantage of opportunities.

Martin played well and made a couple key saves early, but hardly had to stand on his head. The team fully deserved the result they got.

Anything but give the team credit, eh.

i didn’t watch the first, but i feel like we played pretty passively and got caved in to start the second and third periods before pulling it together both times

bad starts are a thing with this group, predating boudreau but he certainly hasn’t fixed it

when jr talks about a bad camp, he has a point. you f*** around in camp and the preseason and you find out when you limp out of the gate and dig a big hole

f***ing around before the start of the regular season was obviously a travis issue too but jr has a reason to be frustrated

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
i didn’t watch the first, but i feel like we played pretty passively and got caved in to start the second and third periods before pulling it together both times

bad starts are a thing with this group, predating boudreau but he certainly hasn’t fixed it

when jr talks about a bad camp, he has a point. you f*** around in camp and the preseason and you find out when you limp out of the gate and dig a big hole

f***ing around before the start of the regular season was obviously a travis issue too but jr has a reason to be frustrated
How many years did they have bad starts under Travis Green? Every year... :laugh: is it the coach or the players... All those bag skates didn't help either lol.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
How many years did they have bad starts under Travis Green? Every year... :laugh: is it the coach or the players... All those bag skates didn't help either lol.

i think the pt, if you are jr looking at the players and team staff you inherited, is they all had a whole summer to look at what went wrong the last bunch of years and have a plan to correct it.

maybe bruce did come into camp with a plan to change the culture of slow starts and complete lack of preparation (an issue green shared with benning). but even if injuries to start the year played a part, the constant lineup noodling and not having roles (or even expectations) for hog, pod, bone, and burroughs sure make it look like he went along with the organizational flow of waiting and seeing and hoping that cliff-falling-off vets (OEL, myers, pearson) to magically turn back the clock.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria

Caved in? At 8:36 or so when we took a penalty, shots were 2-0 LV for the period. Sure you could say we were playing passive, or you could say we were playing defensively sound. Vegas is a good team, and tried to push the play. But we bent a bit, then took over the period.

If the effort last night becomes the norm, they will win a lot of games. Just need out goalies to keep "stealing" games when we significantly out shoot the other team and get out to a 5-0 lead.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Of all the stats so far this season, the one that shocks me the most is that Horvat is second in the league in goals to Robertson with a chance to tie or take the lead today. It’s like the one playoff run he had where he’s become a scoring machine.
Hopefully he keeps it rolling and has a Kreider like season that no one saw coming.

Reactions: geebster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad