Injury Report: Canucks 2017-2018 Injury Thread

elwin316

Jun 4, 2009
I wonder if making shot-blocking illegal is a viable option in the future. I cringe everytime a player, especially skilled ones like Boeser lay their feet and legs in front of a point shot. The velocity now and strength of players is at such a high level, you end up with broken or mangled bones.

It would also make more shots be able to get through to the net and increase scoring. The rule would be like goaltending in Basketball in a small sense.

Well that’s all for my bright idea of the day.

I seem to recall Bob Gainey proposing a ban on certain shot blocking techniques like a decade ago but apparently it didn't get any traction. Personally I think it is an interesting topic and an area that should be explored. That being said, I'm not sure any rule would have stopped the Boeser incident from occurring.

Reactions: Grantham

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
fantastic news.

crazy to be a rookie who didn't even start the season and have the gm say he can't afford to lose you. speaks to just how far boeser has exceeded expectations.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
Great news, still hope he takes at least 2 weeks to fully nurse the foot. Since he's never played more than 57 games in any of his seasons a break like this hopefully means there's less fatigue the rest of the season and he can still be PPG/win Calder.

Although on the flip side that means he still won't have fully adapted to the rigors of a full 82 game season I guess.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Great news, still hope he takes at least 2 weeks to fully nurse the foot. Since he's never played more than 57 games in any of his seasons a break like this hopefully means there's less fatigue the rest of the season and he can still be PPG/win Calder.

Although on the flip side that means he still won't have fully adapted to the rigors of a full 82 game season I guess.
Agreed. But on your last point its a nice transition tho right? Then next year 82 games (fingers crossed)

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Why do I feel like our medical staff/management is going to f*** this up? According to the internet - "Most bone bruises slowly heal over 1 to 2 months" but somehow he is day to day? Hopefully it is that minor but I have a bad feeling they are gonna rush him back..

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Why do I feel like our medical staff/management is going to **** this up? According to the internet - "Most bone bruises slowly heal over 1 to 2 months" but somehow he is day to day? Hopefully it is that minor but I have a bad feeling they are gonna rush him back..

I don't know about bone bruises specifically but there are lots of injuries that can be played through after some rest. It may take 1 to 2 months to fully heal, but it could be something that only causes mild discomfort after a couple of days with no risk to re injure. Just pain management at that point.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
Agreed. But on your last point its a nice transition tho right? Then next year 82 games (fingers crossed)
Yeah even if he plays 60 games this year that's about average or higher for most first round rookies I'd imagine (don't know the numbers so don't quote me on this lol).

Should be okay playing a full 82 next season if he managed 60ish fine this season.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Must be a painful injury for Brock but it could have been much worse. Hopefully, he recovers to play in the New Year.
Forget the owners/medical team, I think Brock is going to be the one itching to return before he's ready. Hope they all proceed with caution.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Must be a painful injury for Brock but it could have been much worse. Hopefully, he recovers to play in the New Year.
Forget the owners/medical team, I think Brock is going to be the one itching to return before he's ready. Hope they all proceed with caution.

I recall, Canucks protocals has always been.

Player has been 100% for at least 7 days before playing.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Alot of softy comments here.

Bruise ??

Rub some dirt on it and get back on the ice.

Some of the comments here make it seem like he was cut in half by a light saber.

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

Bruise ??

Some of the comments here make it seem like he was cut in half by a light saber.

You ever had a bone bruise? They can be horrendously painful. I had one on the inside of my knee that hurt like hell for ages. Was much worse to play with than when I had a broken arm.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor

Bruise ??

I know that seeing players going well below full strength and harming other anatomical areas through compensation is the way forward for all of us! Heart! Grit! Determination! Who cares about being in top physical condition to play sports of all things?

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Like i said. Rub some dirt on it and get out there.

General public have no idea the mental strength and toughness of professional athletes. Its what partly seperates Joe Blows like us vs the Pros.

What a leader Boeser is becoming. Dont thunnk for a second that his team mates arent noticing this.. the amount of respect this guy is earning from his peers is through the roof.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I know that seeing players going well below full strength and harming other anatomical areas through compensation is the way forward for all of us! Heart! Grit! Determination! Who cares about being in top physical condition to play sports of all things?

I swear to god, if these mother f***ers rushed BB before he's healthy just to sell tickets and make themselves look slightly less horrible...

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Like i said. Rub some dirt on it and get out there.

General public have no idea the mental strength and toughness of professional athletes. Its what partly seperates Joe Blows like us vs the Pros.

What a leader Boeser is becoming. Dont thunnk for a second that his team mates arent noticing this.. the amount of respect this guy is earning from his peers is through the roof.

What a load of hero worshipping bollocks.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
What a load of hero worshipping bollocks.

Hero ? Who called him a hero ?

Im the one saying its just a bruise. Get out there and lead.

Soft mentality is soft... its what serperates the public to the pros. Its also whar seperates the average pro to the great pro.

Same people who are worried and want him to sit and play it safe are same people who believe in
" participation awards"

If he can play he will play. Nothing heroic about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad