Injury Report: Canucks 2017-2018 Injury Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I swear to god, if these mother ****ers rushed BB before he's healthy just to sell tickets and make themselves look slightly less horrible...

Theyre playing the Habs. With or without Boeser the game will be sold out.

Sell your conspiracy theories elsewhere.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
@DownGoesMcDavid , Yeah let's get our star rookie out as fast as possible and completely disregard his long term health lmao

this "Mental toughness and leadership" shouldn't be on the shoulders of a rookie in the regular season, if it is that says something about the rest of the team if Boeser has to be the one setting examples

I'd maybe be on your side if this was a Stanley Cup finals game and he was our leading scorer, who the f*** will care about this regular season game in a few years? lmao

his long term health is the only thing that matters, f*** out of here with your garbage "HE'S GODDA BE THE TUFFEST GUY ON THE TEAM THO" rhetoric

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryampled

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
Hero ? Who called him a hero ?

Im the one saying its just a bruise. Get out there and lead.

Soft mentality is soft... its what serperates the public to the pros. Its also whar seperates the average pro to the great pro.

Same people who are worried and want him to sit and play it safe are same people who believe in
" participation awards"

If he can play he will play. Nothing heroic about it.
It is a load of crap..there are jobs in the public domain that are 10x tougher than pro sports.

Reactions: Tryampled

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
You ever had a bone bruise? They can be horrendously painful. I had one on the inside of my knee that hurt like hell for ages. Was much worse to play with than when I had a broken arm.

Got a real bad one on my shin. Hit with a line drive back to the mound. Would have sworn it was a broken tibia. Limped around like Quasimodo for two weeks, slight limp for two more. Black and blue from the knee to my toes and hurt lower leg twice the size of the good one.

It's been decades since and the shin still carries a permanent dark mark the size a baseball leaves on anything it strikes hard. I'm sure you have seen such marks on walls, doors, etc. Bone bruises vary from ouch to very deep painful injuries that take time to heal and may leave a permanent mark.

Reactions: 2011 still hurts

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Like i said. Rub some dirt on it and get out there.

General public have no idea the mental strength and toughness of professional athletes. Its what partly seperates Joe Blows like us vs the Pros.

What a leader Boeser is becoming. Dont thunnk for a second that his team mates arent noticing this.. the amount of respect this guy is earning from his peers is through the roof.

Yeah, and those little shots they take to numb areas that are not seriously damaged so it doesn't hurt as much when they play, make that toughness look so macho to the bleacher seat/screen fan.

Dissonance Jr

Oct 6, 2017
It's interesting — a lot of NBA teams, starting with the Spurs, have gotten into the habit of benching even healthy players for rest purposes, in order to keep them fresh come playoff time and avoid long-term injuries.

NHL teams are still on the other end of the spectrum — healthy players rarely sit out just to rest, and guys are still expected to play through minor or even moderate injuries. It's part of the whole "hockey players are tough" mindset. But it does kinda seem like an inefficiency and you wonder if some smart teams might eventually try to exploit it by doing things differently.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
Got a real bad one on my shin. Hit with a line drive back to the mound. Would have sworn it was a broken tibia. Limped around like Quasimodo for two weeks, slight limp for two more. Black and blue from the knee to my toes and hurt lower leg twice the size of the good one.

It's been decades since and the shin still carries a permanent dark mark the size a baseball leaves on anything it strikes hard. I'm sure you have seen such marks on walls, doors, etc. Bone bruises vary from ouch to very deep painful injuries that take time to heal and may leave a permanent mark.
nah man all injuries are the same maaaaaaaan

I dont care about long term health and new information regarding the effects of injuries just play the game like they did back in the 60's maaaan

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
It's interesting — a lot of NBA teams, starting with the Spurs, have gotten into the habit of benching even healthy players for rest purposes, in order to keep them fresh come playoff time and avoid long-term injuries.

NHL teams are still on the other end of the spectrum — healthy players rarely sit out just to rest, and guys are still expected to play through minor or even moderate injuries. It's part of the whole "hockey players are tough" mindset. But it does kinda seem like an inefficiency and you wonder if some smart teams might eventually try to exploit it by doing things differently.

I have to say Spurs might've over done it a bit, then again that's how they kept Duncan and Ginobili and Parker all playing like they don't f***ing age at all.

Healthy players play their games, that's fine. If this is something like critical playoff series/game, such as the cup final 2011 when half the team was playing injured, that's fine too.

Pushing an injured young star who's the only player worth a shit on the team back to the ice before he's ready when the season is pretty much down the toilet is nothing short of sheer stupidity, desperation, and extreme case of shortsightedness.

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
I have to say Spurs might've over done it a bit, then again that's how they kept Duncan and Ginobili and Parker all playing like they don't ****ing age at all.

Healthy players play their games, that's fine. If this is something like critical playoff series/game, such as the cup final 2011 when half the team was playing injured, that's fine too.

Pushing an injured young star who's the only player worth a **** on the team back to the ice before he's ready when the season is pretty much down the toilet is nothing short of sheer stupidity, desperation, and extreme case of shortsightedness.

i think its entirely up to boeser on how he really feels the pain of his bruise. doctor confirmed zero fractures.

also he's a very smart person so he knows if he can play or not.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
i think its entirely up to boeser on how he really feels the pain of his bruise. doctor confirmed zero fractures.

also he's a very smart person so he knows if he can play or not.
Yes, I highly doubt Brock is being forced/pressured to play through an unreasonable or extraordinary amount of pain. Typically it's a trainer asking if he feels like he can give it a go, he says yes or no.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Sounds to me like they are putting pressure on him to play. "it's a bruised foot and guys in the NHL are gonna try to play through that". Aka "rub some dirt on it and get back on the ice"

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
My non expert opinion on body language makes me think that maybe you're right. Brock didn't exactly look like he's chomping at the bit. But idk, hopefully much ado about nothing. If it was a bad groin or something I'd probably be more worried/annoyed.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Sounds to me like they are putting pressure on him to play. "it's a bruised foot and guys in the NHL are gonna try to play through that". Aka "rub some dirt on it and get back on the ice"

Hurrah for absolutely baseless speculation !

Absolute garbage statement. You know absolutely nothing of the situation and your assumption is reaching, far.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I got a bone bruise on my foot, and like an idiot still ran an endurance race on it. During the race my foot was mostly fine, due to adrenaline, but over a year later, and several trips to the podiatrist, my foot is still hurting and I can't really run on it. Hope Brock is given / takes time to let the injury heal up.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Hurrah for absolutely baseless speculation !

Absolute garbage statement. You know absolutely nothing of the situation and your assumption is reaching, far.
Read this from "BIGGEST REVELATION" until the end (it's far too much to quote): The Provies: The BFG party, the sickest Canuck, conspiracy theories, and a strange run of handling injuries

The Canucks have made a ton of highly questionable decisions regarding the handling of injured players since Rick Celebrini was brought in, and there have been even more since Botchford wrote that last January.

Last edited:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Yes, I highly doubt Brock is being forced/pressured to play through an unreasonable or extraordinary amount of pain. Typically it's a trainer asking if he feels like he can give it a go, he says yes or no.

Whether or not that's happening considering how important Boeser is to the franchise you would hope that they tell him he's sitting out this game just to be safe.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I cant believe hes been pressured to play by management and Coach Green when he CLEARLY needs to sit at Leafs one or two games :rant:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Hero ? Who called him a hero ?

That entire spiel about mentally toughness seperates NHLers from the public. Sure, that is it, nothing to do with talent or desire.

Im the one saying its just a bruise. Get out there and lead.

Soft mentality is soft... its what serperates the public to the pros. Its also whar seperates the average pro to the great pro.
There you go again, hero worshipping their toughness.
If he can play he will play. Nothing heroic about it.

exactly. no special toughness here.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Lmao.

Rushing him ? Apparently Boeser has become a mute with no opinion all of a sudden.

You guys ever think hes a 20 yr old kid who wants to just play. Im shocked about the fragility and softness of some posters here.

Boeser has bonuses implemented in his contract. We can be talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars here if he reaches his incentives. ... imagine yourself at 20 yrs old w that much money on the line. You really think a bruise would hold you back ??

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
Obviously i'm not doctor, but if it's a bone bruise than I'm assuming it just a matter of playing through the pain with little risk of doing further damage... still not a good look given the history with this training staff

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Reactions: Jack Burton

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Keep in mind a bone bruise = fracture of the inner lining of the bone. More or less. There are different types and severity of course but they hurt and it possible to increase the damage if you continue to put a load on the area.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad