GDT: Canes @ Isles 1/4 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bluedevil58*

Khudo is going to end up being a starter somewhere. He is now 4-0 as a Cane. Stats don't lie. Yes, it's onky 4 games but still...

Clark Gillies

Oct 3, 2006
Carolina
Is this post serious?

(If it is: Khudobin has been back for two games. Two games. Peters was the best goaltender in the league for a period of two months. I don't want to trade Khudobin, either, but give Peters some respect.)

Peters was nowhere near "the best goaltender in the league" for any amount of time and especially nowhere near 2 months.

Did he have a good run of games? yes
Do we appreciate how he played? yes

But lets face the facts, he is the 3rd string goalie, he cannot go down without going through waivers and his contract is going to be up. Trade him for whatever you can.

I agree with Bluedevil -- I just hope Dobby ends up being a starter here.

You just can't trade Anton his ceiling is so much higher than Peters.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
Khudo just looks better in net. Even when Peters was on his game he still gave up some awful rebounds. Redardless the return will probably determine who goes. I think we might need to plan on ward not being the player he once was. I think khubo has the potential to take over. Im not sure peters can.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Is this post serious?

(If it is: Khudobin has been back for two games. Two games. Peters was the best goaltender in the league for a period of two months. I don't want to trade Khudobin, either, but give Peters some respect.)

Peters was solid for a while. I don't think anyone is denying that. But there was always that thought in the back of the mind that he would revert back to being...well...Peters. Which he may or may not have done with his last couple games.

The team signed Anton to be the backup and push Ward. Are we going to throw out that idea because a guy that has a long history of poor play gets hot?

Razputyn

Feb 24, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Peters was nowhere near "the best goaltender in the league" for any amount of time and especially nowhere near 2 months.

Peters had a 2.33 GAA and a .933 save percentage in November.

Peters had a 1.38 GAA and .951 save percentage in December.

Could you please list me the goaltenders who performed better in both (2) months and tell me how that doesn't qualify him as one of the best goaltenders in the league for that time?

Have we already forgotten this after less than a month? I agree that we shouldn't trade Khudobin, but Peters played great for us, and if he wasn't already a goat around here he would get more respect for his play. It sucks to see him basically already being forgotten even though his play hasn't declined, while Khudobin has played 2 games (2.50 GAA) and is being heralded.

Peters was solid for a while. I don't think anyone is denying that. But there was always that thought in the back of the mind that he would revert back to being...well...Peters. Which he may or may not have done with his last couple games.

I think Peters might (/would probably) regress too, but I think he's earned the opportunity to do that before we christen someone else the starter.

bluedevil58*

4-0

We all know Peters Peters returned back to form during his last 2 games whether we want to admit it or not...

Clark Gillies

Oct 3, 2006
Carolina
Peters had a 2.33 GAA and a .933 save percentage in November.

Peters had a 1.38 GAA and .951 save percentage in December.

Could you please list me the goaltenders who performed better in both (2) months and tell me how that doesn't qualify him as one of the best goaltenders in the league for that time?

Have we already forgotten this after less than a month? I agree that we shouldn't trade Khudobin, but Peters played great for us, and if he wasn't already a goat around here he would get more respect for his play. It sucks to see him basically already being forgotten even though his play hasn't declined, while Khudobin has played 2 games (2.50 GAA) and is being heralded.

I think Peters might (/would probably) regress too, but I think he's earned the opportunity to do that before we christen someone else the starter.

It is not worth my time to pour over stats to refute your ridiculous statement which was he was the BEST goaltender in the league for 2 months which you have now changed to one of the best.

From your post earlier complaining why he wasn't starting I am beginning to hink maybe you are his girlfriend.

And his last couple of starts - his play had declined.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Well, considering at last check (after the Tampa game), Peters was behind Price, Harding and Rask in both those categories and all three have a much better history of success than Peters, I'd probably go with one of them as "the best goalie in the league".

We'll see how he does tomorrow against the Preds. For his sake and the team's, he needs have a better showing than he did against Pittsburgh and Columbus

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
Peters was sitting at 6th/7th in the league in sv% and GAA with close to 20 games played, and he was "nowhere near the best in the league"? His numbers said otherwise.

Too many people invested too much time and effort bagging his play over the years when he was called up, and refuse to acknowledge that he's improved his game by a good measure. They can't let go. Bad rebounds are given up by every goalie but are ignored because Peters wears that badge, so every time he gives one up it's a face palm moment whether the other team has exploited it or not. d

I swear some people watch the game looking for this type of thing. These are the same ones who cry and whine about players not being developed properly, and yet when they see a player that may have just done that very thing, they torpedo it because it doesn't fit their preconceived notions.

Razputyn

Feb 24, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
It is not worth my time to pour over stats to refute your ridiculous statement which was he was the BEST goaltender in the league for 2 months which you have now changed to one of the best.

From your post earlier complaining why he wasn't starting I am beginning to hink maybe you are his girlfriend.

And his last couple of starts - his play had declined.

I just gave you the reasons why I made that "ridiculous statement". It's not hard to look up goalie stats. He was one of the best goalies in the league for a period of two months (THE best is probably overstating it) and that's undeniable.

You don't like the guy. I get it. I don't care about him at all other than his stats, which are superb for Carolina.

why do you cite peters' sv% but khudobin's GAA while facing 40 shots in each game? i guess khudobin's 2.5GAA helps boster your case more than his .938sv%

Khudobin has a .938sv% - he's a great goalie and both have been playing better than Ward (i.e. I'd rather see either one of them in net).

But, again, Peters had a .933 save percentage over 9 games in November and a .951 save percentage for the month of December. Stating Khudobin's save percentage over two games isn't much of a statistical argument against Peters' play.

Too many people invested too much time and effort bagging his play over the years when he was called up, and refuse to acknowledge that he's improved his game by a good measure. They can't let go. Bad rebounds are given up by every goalie but are ignored because Peters wears that badge, so every time he gives one up it's a face palm moment whether the other team has exploited it or not.

^ This is basically how I feel about many of the people who do not like Peters, and when hard numbers are mentioned, I get called "his girlfriend".

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Can't we all just enjoy this victory and the 3 game winning streak? Lets drop the trade/no trade Peters debate because right now we need him and Khudobin. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad