GDT: Preseason GM04| Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames | Sat. Sep 28th | 6pm PST | SNP | It’s On TV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Hoping to see Miller tonight. I'd throw Pettersson and DeBrusk right back out there with Lekkerimäki following the poor showing yesterday, they have looked by far the most effective line with him. I also want to see Heinen lined up with Miller, as I haven't really been overly impressed with him in other alignments.

Could also maybe see Sprong's chance alongside Pettersson tonight maybe.

On defense, keep playing Kudryatsev and Felton, as they look like they may be pretty high on the depth chart based on performances to-date.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

IMG_2670.png

Reactions: Lindgren

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I’ve been pretty impressed by Honzek over there and admittedly had him as DND with our 11th pick back in2023. he had a pretty poor showing in the WHL last season which further solidified my stance but what’s he done during these exhibition games have been impressive leading it in points.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Do we see JT Miller tonight at all?

I suspect Raty and Lekkerimaki will draw in. Goaltending should be interesting - I don’t think many vets will be in this one, so I’m guessing we get a Young/Tolopilo split rather than Silovs.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Hoping to see Miller tonight. I'd throw Pettersson and DeBrusk right back out there with Lekkerimäki following the poor showing yesterday, they have looked by far the most effective line with him. I also want to see Heinen lined up with Miller, as I haven't really been overly impressed with him in other alignments.

Could also maybe see Sprong's chance alongside Pettersson tonight maybe.

On defense, keep playing Kudryatsev and Felton, as they look like they may be pretty high on the depth chart based on performances to-date.
It is exhibition so meh.
But I thought Karlsson's line was the most effective all night from the start to the finish. Didn't score but had chances, as many as EP's line.

Sprong with EP will put pressure on EP to be that Selke candidate again but will have some impact on rush chances.

I doubt Calgary ices their #1 lineup so is should be a victory for the Nux unless there is a goalie collapse, the PP doesn't score or there are injuries.

Miller playing WILL make a difference in attracting a defensive response from Calgary leaving EP's line with a lesser defence group to compete against.

This game should be almost the starting lineup of the Canucks.

As far as EP's performance, I hope he can return to the skating speed he had a couple of years ago, he is looking SLOW.

I watch to see EP's response to getting a big hit as well to see if he shakes his head to clear cobwebs. But then I watch for that most games. Usually after that he has poor games

I thought that EP#2 Dman, played better than Forbort

Reactions: TruGr1t

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It is exhibition so meh.
But I thought Karlsson's line was the most effective all night from the start to the finish. Didn't score but had chances, as many as EP's line.

Sprong with EP will put pressure on EP to be that Selke candidate again but will have some impact on rush chances.

I doubt Calgary ices their #1 lineup so is should be a victory for the Nux unless there is a goalie collapse, the PP doesn't score or there are injuries.

Miller playing WILL make a difference in attracting a defensive response from Calgary leaving EP's line with a lesser defence group to compete against.

This game should be almost the starting lineup of the Canucks.

As far as EP's performance, I hope he can return to the skating speed he had a couple of years ago, he is looking SLOW.

I watch to see EP's response to getting a big hit as well to see if he shakes his head to clear cobwebs. But then I watch for that most games. Usually after that he has poor games

I thought that EP#2 Dman, played better than Forbort

I think Pettersson-DeBrusk has looked by far the best with Lekkerimäki thus far. Sherwood was pretty good, but I feel like he should be down line-up for depth. They need to try Sprong, but you're probably basically down to Lekkerimäki, Sprong or Hoglander to start the year ... I'd think. It does seem like they want Hoglander elsewhere, though.

Reactions: theguardianII

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Is EP playing confirmed? Why would he be playing back to back road games in the preseason? I would not support that decision.

Do agree that Sherwood didn't immediately sparkle on that line. Like to see Sprong and Hoglander get a look, but also don't think Debrusk and Petey need to play 4 preseason games.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Is EP playing confirmed? Why would he be playing back to back road games in the preseason? I would not support that decision.

Do agree that Sherwood didn't immediately sparkle on that line. Like to see Sprong and Hoglander get a look, but also don't think Debrusk and Petey need to play 4 preseason games.

Nope. I’d be shocked if he played. It would be shocking.

NailsHoglander

Feb 20, 2024

Don't worry. He's on his way back to Vancouver for a rainbow sparkle foot spa treatment.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Heinen Miller Lekkerimaki
Bains Suter Sprong
Hoglander Raty Garland
Blais Amen PDG

That would be my lines if Miller plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad