GDT: Canes @ Isles 1/4 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Are you freaking kidding me getting freaked out about the coach's inability to juggle lines *instantly* while not being sure about the availability of his franchise center? I'll bet if you give him an intermission, he'll fix it ... but the *instant* the guy goes out, he's got to do something immediately.

Plus, and not to put too fine a point on it, but he scored.

Freaking *yeah* I'm freaking *out* it's Jordan Staal's *freaking* time to freaking prove he's *a* freaking first line freaking center*.*

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Personally, I liked Muller putting out Bowman for his regular shift. At some point we've got to start showing these young guys that we like them as players, and they're not going to get benched for one mistake, like in the Mo era. Yeah, he screwed up. He knows he screwed up. But he's been OK lately and could be developing into a useful depth guy. No need to crush his psyche when he knows he screwed up.

Plus, the risk of him doing it *again* is pretty darn low.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Freaking *yeah* I'm freaking *out* it's Jordan Staal's *freaking* time to freaking prove he's *a* freaking first line freaking center*.*
maybe they don't want to mess around with their shutdown line, especially up two goals against a team with a dominant first line? jordan has started 0 shifts in the offensive zone at ES so far. do you really want brett sutter in that role? he's much better suited for how the first line is utilized.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
Are you freaking kidding me getting freaked out about the coach's inability to juggle lines *instantly* while not being sure about the availability of his franchise center? I'll bet if you give him an intermission, he'll fix it ... but the *instant* the guy goes out, he's got to do something immediately.

Plus, and not to put too fine a point on it, but he scored.

This. X 1000. When people freak out like this they're usually just steamed because they would rather see their own personal fave player in that position, the player there is "undeserving" (in their expert opinion which far exceeds the coach's knowledge of who's where doing what and where others are needed).

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
maybe they don't want to mess around with their shutdown line, especially up two goals against a team with a dominant first line? jordan has started 0 shifts in the offensive zone at ES so far. do you really want brett sutter in that role? he's much better suited for how the first line is utilized.

No. I want Jordan Staal to play center on every line.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007

Logic Alert. Stop using it please. Remember where you are.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Crosscheck to the face, no call, right in front of the refs. **** whoever that was and **** the ref that was right there and called NOTHING.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Eh, can't really blame the ref there. From where he was, it could have been a normal hit. But if the Islanders are going to intentionally injure a player, Bellemore wasn't the right choice.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Eh, can't really blame the ref there. From where he was, it could have been a normal hit. But if the Islanders are going to intentionally injure a player, Bellemore wasn't the right choice.

I've come up high when someone much larger than me is about to bury me. It has a lot more to do with the instinct to protect oneself than intentionally injure someone.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I've come up high when someone much larger than me is about to bury me. It has a lot more to do with the instinct to protect oneself than intentionally injure someone.

Yeah, I figured the first half of my post wasn't reactionary enough. So I added that part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad