GDT: Canes at Caps, 3/12 7:00PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Doesn't matter. Secondary assists are handed out for far less. Washington never touched the puck and the assist is warranted.

Again, that's my point. I know in today's NHL he gets an assist. I think it's wrong. I think assists should go to players who make plays that lead directly to goals. I don't think "touched it" should be enough of a qualifier.

I'm not arguing that Gleason shouldn't have received an assist. I'm arguing that the standards for awarding assists are poor.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
graham20nash2.jpg

Think this is the right one

kevin-nash-signed-wrestling-8x10-photo.jpg

This one?

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
I'm not going to go off on a rant or anything, and I know I have an irrational hate-on for Tim Gleason, but that secondary assist on the third goal is just silly. He *iced the puck*. If it wasn't for Patty Dwyer busting it, the faceoff comes back into our end. Plus, if we keep giving him assists when he ices the puck, he may think he should do it even more than he already does.

I hate the secondary assist. I think it should be a judgement call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad