GDT: Canes at Caps, 3/12 7:00PM

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
Love to see guys earning their place in the NHL like Riley Nash.

We don't owe spots on our roster to high draft picks.

Right Zac Boychuk?

dmonk

doughberle
Feb 13, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Canes are deeper team than Caps this season and Caps defense is hurting,
Caps essentially shut down the TEA line, but they looked amateur against Jordans and Nash lines,

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Caps look so dead.. Ovi should be traded or the coach fired.. I mean I love this Canes ass whooping but damn.

Wait, they already fired the coach (Boudreau) and got rid of the player (Semin) who were causing all the trouble.

I love when our rivals implode on their home ice. Warm, fuzzy feeling.

I see Pat Dwyer a bunch. Generally, I try to keep it about the kids, but he'll hear about this. As he should. From everyone.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Better trade Dwyer, what a selfish player

Nevermind he's everything the LaRoae apologists say LaRose is and a lot more. :sarcasm:

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Last time we played the Caps their fans were still very optimistic that they would win the SE. One fan even guaranteed they would finish higher than the Canes in the standings. Now they are in full out tank mode on their board. :laugh:

Caniac4ever

Feb 7, 2008
Ovenchicken with 0 shots tonight! :laugh:

@wyshynski - Ovechkin had zero shots on goal tonight, 2nd time Canes have held him shotless in '13. Forget Sid; Kirk Muller is his tormentor.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Sweet TEA didn't do much, but man did Jordan and Skinner dominate their opponents. That's what I like to see.

The TEA line was shut down in the first game as well... is there any reason? Are the Caps just motivated to not let Semin score?

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
That was a good all around game. Keep playing like this and we will have playoffs back in Raleigh.

Nash has owned that 3rd line center. Gonna get interesting when Ruutu gets back to see how the 3rd/4th lines shake out.

Seems like Muller wants to do a goalie rotation, which atm seems smart. Both guys do better when they are playing, switching every 1 or 2 games keeps both in a groove.

Here's hoping we come home Thursday and take another 2points.

CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Very satisfying win tonight. Hope they keep this up for Thursday! The only thing that would have made this game better is Semin getting his first against the Caps.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Sweet TEA didn't do much, but man did Jordan and Skinner dominate their opponents. That's what I like to see.

The TEA line was shut down in the first game as well... is there any reason? Are the Caps just motivated to not let Semin score?

I think it's more that the Canes are motivated to trying to get Semin to score. Too many times (both in this one and the previous one against the Caps), I saw Staal pass off a good chance on net to make an ill-advised pass to Semin.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
Boychuk a scratch tonite for Nashville.

What...after like 1 game??

I saw that. Feel bad for the guy. He's going to end up playing one game for like 20 NHL teams. Maybe all this season

What's the record for playing for the most amount of teams in one season? :)

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
That was a good all around game. Keep playing like this and we will have playoffs back in Raleigh.

Nash has owned that 3rd line center. Gonna get interesting when Ruutu gets back to see how the 3rd/4th lines shake out.Seems like Muller wants to do a goalie rotation, which atm seems smart. Both guys do better when they are playing, switching every 1 or 2 games keeps both in a groove.

Here's hoping we come home Thursday and take another 2points.

Ruutu will slide onto JStaal's wing with Skinner. Where is Jokinen gonna go is the question...... I would assume he would take a 3rd line wing spot with Dwyer and Nash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad