GDT: Canadiens @ Flames | 9PM EDT | CITY, RDS | Halloween Special

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I miss one game and Therrien's gone full ****** again. Sigh...

Semin may suck, but what in the bloody hell does he expect Flynn to do? See, this is why I've given up blaming Desharnais for things. He's actually fine. Therrien's stupidity is the actual problem.

I am not a fan of Therrien but from the 10 games I have seen Semin play he has showed me nothing. He simply can't keep up. The bigger issue is how bad Galchenyuk has been. I don't care about the 9 points in 11 games, he is simply not quick enough. Top end speed is good but his first couple of steps are not elite and are holding him back.
Anyone who thinks the Habs are better than last year are dreaming. They are finally coming down to earth.
They will lose their 3rd straight tonight I am afraid.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
I miss one game and Therrien's gone full ****** again. Sigh...

Semin may suck, but what in the bloody hell does he expect Flynn to do? See, this is why I've given up blaming Desharnais for things. He's actually fine. Therrien's stupidity is the actual problem.

Except for last night's final goal. You can blame Therrien for putting him there in the first place, but there's no circumstances under which being so soft is acceptable. I'm pretty sure RNH uses more strength into opening doors than he had to do to shove Desharnais aside. Embarrassing.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Gn9f6ro.gif

enil tsrif

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I am not a fan of Therrien but from the 10 games I have seen Semin play he has showed me nothing. He simply can't keep up. The bigger issue is how bad Galchenyuk has been. I don't care about the 9 points in 11 games, he is simply not quick enough. Top end speed is good but his first couple of steps are not elite and are holding him back.
Anyone who thinks the Habs are better than last year are dreaming. They are finally coming down to earth.
They will lose their 3rd straight tonight I am afraid.

Nothing? Well, maybe you haven't watched the games carefully. I saw Semin keep possession of the puck quite a lot in the offensive zone and set up his linemates.
Sure, he wasn't perfect, and made defensive mistakes, but they weren't out of laziness. They were just poor reads or decisions. That will happen.

In any event, it's not so much about Semin. You want to say he's done nothing, fine. That doesn't mean you have to replace him with a weaker player. That's just stupid.

As for Galchenyuk, he's going through the same thing as he did last year. Moved to center, looks great at first, then by game 12 he's back on the wing. He needs time to transition. Did you think he was going to move to center and simply rock out consistently all season? Give him time.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Is Desharnais scratched tonight or is MT giving him more chances "because"?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Nothing? Well, maybe you haven't watched the games carefully. I saw Semin keep possession of the puck quite a lot in the offensive zone and set up his linemates.
Sure, he wasn't perfect, and made defensive mistakes, but they weren't out of laziness. They were just poor reads or decisions. That will happen.

In any event, it's not so much about Semin. You want to say he's done nothing, fine. That doesn't mean you have to replace him with a weaker player. That's just stupid.

As for Galchenyuk, he's going through the same thing as he did last year. Moved to center, looks great at first, then by game 12 he's back on the wing. He needs time to transition. Did you think he was going to move to center and simply rock out consistently all season? Give him time.

All fair points especially the one with replacing Semin with an inferior player (skill wise). I watch the games on a 65" tv so my opinions are strictly "arm chair". I watch the games and I notice that Semin is simply a step behind. Not only in skating but decision making. Just an observation.
Galchenyuk- a couple of years ago I was in Dallas watching the Habs win 6-4 where I sat directly behind the Habs bench. I remember watching Nichuskin flying out there. He had scored on a penalty shot during this game. It was natural to compare him to our top prospect Alex Galchenyuk. It became apparent quickly that Nichuskin has elite speed and quickness while Galchenyuk does not. My point is that Galchenyuk will not become a 60-70 point player with his current skating. Just my arm chair opinion.GHG

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Western Canadian road trip? I just expect us to lose this one.

I ain't even mad...

But I dont want to lose it with DD's line out with 90 seconds left, offensive zone draw or not.

I dont want the team to make it harder on themselves than it already is.

Having said that, I think this should be a good game, with two pissed off teams.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Actually what's hilarious is the amount of people that continue to spew the myth the Semin is somehow not a good defensive player.

This began in the summer right after he was signed when tons of people that clearly didn't know much about him as a player claimed he was weak defensively and now it continues to happen even though, you would think, people that post here would be people that watch the games.

Semin has been getting in pass lanes, picking pockets and back checking. To say he doesn't defend properly in his own zone is patently false. You go on to claim that he's been "floating" which is also has no basis in reality either, so it doesn't surprise me.

Though you are not doing so in this post, the various people in this thread and yesterdays thread that seem to think all the evidence is in in terms of whether or not he can be a helpful player for Montreal Top Six or not is laugh out loud funny.

This used to be a message board filled with interesting insights and observations about the Montreal Canadiens from fans that really understood the game.

That ship sailed long ago, sadly, but the bottom keeps getting lower and lower in here. It seems, for reasons I don't fully understand, that a large contingent of the posters here only deal in hyperbole. They can't just not like David Desharnais. They have to think he's barely an AHL player and that he can't be an NHLer on any team in the league. They can't just not be impressed with Devante Smith-Pelly following his acquisition, they have to declare him fat, slow and useless and the doesn't belong in the NHL. Now, after ten games, many of which Semin played solid two way hockey and made several nice passes (he easily could have had four additional assists on excellent passes to Alexander Galchenyuk alone) he's being declared, by many, as a bust for Montreal as if it is conclusively known that he can't help this team.

Only a fool would make that determination after just ten games. But if the shoe fits...

It's beautiful.

Good post, FerrisRox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad