GDT: Canadiens @ Flames | 9PM EDT | CITY, RDS | Halloween Special

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Why in the hell do we not change the lineup after our worst effort and outing of the season..?

But we changed the lineup after losing one game (which was inevitable eventually) after a 9 game win streak?!

tumblr_mv9nvqgWDg1shr61qo1_500.gif

...^^THIS^^ is why...and there's nothing left to say after that...:cry:

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I'd say two players short of an elite top 6. Very few teams actually have all 6 position filled with top skill players. Most have probably about 4-5, some even less.

The league can't be all like the Hawks/Lightning/Oilers (with their 1.8 average draft rank top 6)

Acquiring one more legit top 6 player and having Eller or a rookie fill the remaining spot would give us a strong enough top 6.

Keeping 4th liners on it isn't helping though.

I totally agree. I was simply alluding to the fact that having both Semin/Flynn or insert name and Eller fill the 2nd line isn't good enough.

IMO they need another RW. Leave Eller as the LW even Fleish could jump up and fill the LW

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Did pateryn piss the wrong people off? It makes no sense that he hasn't played yet.

I can understand why tinordi hasn't been dressed, he just isn't good enough, but pateryn is the getting the short end.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
I totally agree. I was simply alluding to the fact that having both Semin/Flynn or insert name and Eller fill the 2nd line isn't good enough.

IMO they need another RW. Leave Eller as the LW even Fleish could jump up and fill the LW

Badly.

We're on the same wavelenth on this one. This situation has been going on for so long it's not even funny anymore.

Did pateryn piss the wrong people off? It makes no sense that he hasn't played yet.

I can understand why tinordi hasn't been dressed, he just isn't good enough, but pateryn is the getting the short end.

Well Gilbert hasn't been bad in the sense he didn't make a blantatly obvious mistake, so I guess that's enough for a veteran UFA to keep his spot. :dunno:

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Hopefully a good game, and a 60 minutes effort. They started off great against Edmonton, but everything went down the drain in the 2nd period.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
How does Bergevin see this and think it's a good idea to sit Pateryn and Tinordi for 12 consecutive games? Sit Gilbert, put in Pateryn, and then sit one of Beaulieu or Emelin to get Tinordi some ice time. Otherwise... trade one. Their trade value drops, their development stagnates... like, what the hell? Play 'em or trade 'em. I expect Tinordi to be traded anyways at some point, but at least showcase him... and then play Pateryn more often. This is dumb.

We don't have a roster spot to even call up one of the kids because of these young defensemen that aren't even playing. We could give someone with actual skill, like Andrighetto or Hudon, some time on the 2nd line RW spot with Eller and Galchenyuk instead of putting a square peg in a round hole like we're doing with Flynn on that line right now. It's embarrassing.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Hopefully I'm wrong, but I sense another loss tonight. A better effort but Flames win 4-2. Then all hell breaks loose..
Nonetheless:
GO :habs GO​

Me too but when I feel like that the Habs usually surprise me and show up and win. I still have a feeling though the Flames will show up and play a great game tonight and bury Condon and the Habs. :(

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Badly.

We're on the same wavelenth on this one. This situation has been going on for so long it's not even funny anymore.

Well Gilbert hasn't been bad in the sense he didn't make a blantatly obvious mistake, so I guess that's enough for a veteran UFA to keep his spot. :dunno:

Maybe not blatant mistakes but he get rid of the puck as soon as he smells a little bit of pressure. He handle the puck like if it was a grenade. Yesterday he gave the puck back to Beaulieu at the blue line while Beaulieu had someone already close to him. Was a very dangerous play luckily Beaulieu was able to handle the pass and clear the zone quickly.

Gilbert has never been really great defensively. If he's not making good first passes then he has no place in a supposedly contending NHL lineup. Right now he has a lot of trouble clearly the puck imo even more than Beaulieu (who also has problems with this part of his game).

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

...Gilbert has consistently been the worst defenseman on the ice in pretty much every game this year...he can't defend worth a rat's behind (why Therrien still puts him out on the PK is a complete mystery)...he can't take the least bit of pressure or he loses the puck...he can't even handle the puck anymore, he just fires it away immediately most of the time like it's a live grenade...he's pretty much on pace with Josh Gorges/Douglas Murray puckhandling ability now...Greg Pateryn is rotting away in the pressbox and we're playing an ECHL-level Dman on the 3rd pairing...:shakehead

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I'm sorry Pierre McGuire but this fan isn't pleased with the gimmick that is 3 on 3 OT. I'm curious how many fans really do like this 3 on 3 OT format though.

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I'm sorry Pierre McGuire but this fan isn't pleased with the gimmick that is 3 on 3 OT. I'm curious how many fans really do like this 3 on 3 OT format though.

Haven't seen enough of it yet to judge, but what I did see, I liked. It's action packed frenzy.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
It's hilarious the amount of people defending, or demanding that Semin be back in the lineup. The guy did nothing since the season started. He's floating around, giving away the puck, making soft passes and he's not even trying to defend properly in his own zone.

Actually what's hilarious is the amount of people that continue to spew the myth the Semin is somehow not a good defensive player.

This began in the summer right after he was signed when tons of people that clearly didn't know much about him as a player claimed he was weak defensively and now it continues to happen even though, you would think, people that post here would be people that watch the games.

Semin has been getting in pass lanes, picking pockets and back checking. To say he doesn't defend properly in his own zone is patently false. You go on to claim that he's been "floating" which is also has no basis in reality either, so it doesn't surprise me.

Though you are not doing so in this post, the various people in this thread and yesterdays thread that seem to think all the evidence is in in terms of whether or not he can be a helpful player for Montreal Top Six or not is laugh out loud funny.

This used to be a message board filled with interesting insights and observations about the Montreal Canadiens from fans that really understood the game.

That ship sailed long ago, sadly, but the bottom keeps getting lower and lower in here. It seems, for reasons I don't fully understand, that a large contingent of the posters here only deal in hyperbole. They can't just not like David Desharnais. They have to think he's barely an AHL player and that he can't be an NHLer on any team in the league. They can't just not be impressed with Devante Smith-Pelly following his acquisition, they have to declare him fat, slow and useless and the doesn't belong in the NHL. Now, after ten games, many of which Semin played solid two way hockey and made several nice passes (he easily could have had four additional assists on excellent passes to Alexander Galchenyuk alone) he's being declared, by many, as a bust for Montreal as if it is conclusively known that he can't help this team.

Only a fool would make that determination after just ten games. But if the shoe fits...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
te92i.gif

C'mon Habs, ring their bell, ring their bell!!!

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014

"The Desharning"

Maybe not blatant mistakes but he get rid of the puck as soon as he smells a little bit of pressure. He handle the puck like if it was a grenade. Yesterday he gave the puck back to Beaulieu at the blue line while Beaulieu had someone already close to him. Was a very dangerous play luckily Beaulieu was able to handle the pass and clear the zone quickly.

Gilbert has never been really great defensively. If he's not making good first passes then he has no place in a supposedly contending NHL lineup. Right now he has a lot of trouble clearly the puck imo even more than Beaulieu (who also has problems with this part of his game).

...Gilbert has consistently been the worst defenseman on the ice in pretty much every game this year...he can't defend worth a rat's behind (why Therrien still puts him out on the PK is a complete mystery)...he can't take the least bit of pressure or he loses the puck...he can't even handle the puck anymore, he just fires it away immediately most of the time like it's a live grenade...he's pretty much on pace with Josh Gorges/Douglas Murray puckhandling ability now...Greg Pateryn is rotting away in the pressbox and we're playing an ECHL-level Dman on the 3rd pairing...:shakehead

Don't get me wrong, if it was up to me, Gilbert would've been replaced in the lineup by Pateryn ages ago.

My comment was just stating that I don't expect Therrien to remove him unless he can point at something obvious as the reason he's doing so. He just loves his vets.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Oil fan coming in peace.

Sorry for your "troubles" yesterday. But it was quite fun watching the meltdown on your GDT.

Take out the Flames big time tonight please. Thanks.

Fun to watch huh? Well I hope your team misses the playoffs for McDavid's entire Oilers career. Take that. :D

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
Not thrilled at all for tonight's game. But the Flames are really bad. Habs should win 3-2.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I miss one game and Therrien's gone full ****** again. Sigh...

Semin may suck, but what in the bloody hell does he expect Flynn to do? See, this is why I've given up blaming Desharnais for things. He's actually fine. Therrien's stupidity is the actual problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad