GDT: Canadiens @ Flames | 9PM EDT | CITY, RDS | Halloween Special

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Weise has made a habit of missing glorious scoring chances, and cashing in on seemingly harmless shots this year.

Galchenyuk line really struggling early on.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Holy ****, chucky line getting destroyed. They looked better with Semin.

I didn't mind the Chucky line struggling defensively when Semin was on that line because that line had the potential to create offensive chances. However with Flynn that potential is basically gone.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'm sorry but Bryan Flynn is **** awful. People saying he is as good as Semin are not watching the same games as i am. He is always the last one on backcheck. He is lost in the defensive zone Eller basically needs to cover both wings at the blue line. He is awful offensively. It's a disgrace to have such a skill less player on the 2nd line. If he was working hard like Gallagher i could understand but it's not even close. MT gonna be MT.

Not a fan of DSP but he would do a better job.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I'm sorry but Galchenyuk sucks. He needs to wake up ASAP.

And Therrien is a moron for scratching Semin.

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
Two horrible passes by Eller and Markov right there...

MT please put back Eller on the left wing. It's a about 5 games now that he is playing on the right side. It doesn't make any sense he's missing the pass around the boards. He was playing well on the left side now that he's on his off wing he loses the puck a lot along the boards. On his off wing he has to receive the pass on the backhand. You move him from centre atleast put him on his good side...

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
MT please put back Eller on the left wing. It's a about 5 games now that he is playing on the right side. It doesn't make any sense he's missing the pass around the boards. He was playing well on the left side now that he's on his off wing he loses the puck a lot along the boards. On his off wing he has to receive the pass on the backhand. You move him from centre atleast put him on his good side...

The only reason Elller was on thee RW that make sense is because Therrien wanted more shots from Semin on the LW. Now with Flynn on the line it makes no sense.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Galchenyuk needs to be more involved if he ever wants to be a star player. He hasn't shown the drive of a star player. Just look at Gaudreau or Monahan. Barely any shifts without effort even if they don't always make good plays.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Galchenyuk needs to be more involved if he ever wants to be a star player. He hasn't shown the drive of a star player. Just look at Gaudreau or Monahan. Barely any shifts without effort even if they don't always make good plays.

Especially with how little ice time he gets. He should have no trouble going all out. He looked better in the first 5-6 games.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The Pacioretty line needs a big skilled center in order to be dominant, every great NHL team has that and it's not a shot at Plekanec, but rather a comment on where this team needs to be before it is ever considered a serious contender. I would trade some up and comers to get that, why not?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I didn't mind the Chucky line struggling defensively when Semin was on that line because that line had the potential to create offensive chances. However with Flynn that potential is basically gone.

Pretty much.

I'm sorry but Bryan Flynn is **** awful. People saying he is as good as Semin are not watching the same games as i am. He is always the last one on backcheck. He is lost in the defensive zone Eller basically needs to cover both wings at the blue line. He is awful offensively. It's a disgrace to have such a skill less player on the 2nd line. If he was working hard like Gallagher i could understand but it's not even close. MT gonna be MT.

Not a fan of DSP but he would do a better job.

People said Flynn is as good as Semin? Yikes. He's a hard worker, good faceoff skills, versatile and keeps the game simple but they already have Eller who is aggressive. They need talent on that line, not a half energy half utility player.

I'm sorry but Galchenyuk sucks. He needs to wake up ASAP.

And Therrien is a moron for scratching Semin.

Semin wasn't playing great. Still, he was our best option. Semin over Flynn is an easy one.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The Pacioretty line needs a big skilled center in order to be dominant, every great NHL team has that and it's not a shot at Plekanec, but rather a comment on where this team needs to be before it is ever considered a serious contender. I would trade some up and comers to get that, why not?

Joe Thornton or Eric Staal would look great on that line.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
At this point I feel our 1st and 4th lines can handle playoff hockey.

Our 3rd line will be Jekyll and hyde.

Our 2nd line will just be inexistent.

The middle six needs a little work. Maybe by that time we'll get a TD acquisition, Kassian will come back or an AHLer will emerge as a good option.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Semin is never getting out of that doghouse. ****, man. Second line looks like ass. That's what happens when you put a 13th or even 14th forward on the 2nd line. :facepalm:

void

Jan 5, 2006
We're leading 1-0 but we don't look good at all. Hopefully they'll be able to regroup during the intermission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad