Confirmed with Link: Canadiens acquire 2024 1st (21OA) from the Kings for 2024 1st (26OA), 2024 2nd (57OA) and 2024 7th (198OA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Its Eiserman...

Last year they got Newhook who went to Boston College..Hughe is a Boston College Grad

Eiserman is the only Massachusetts born in that range...Gorton was born in Massachusetts... there's a pattern

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Now, how much does it cost to move up 6 or 7 spots to get up to 15 or 14?
More than what it cost to move from 26 to 21 but the 21st pick holds more value than the 26th so we are already offering more by adding in a 2025 2nd as well as a later pick. I also would not rule out a Harris/Struble/Barron element to the trade.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Not my type of deal unless the 21st is already going some place. What's the deal in doing something when frankly 21st and 26th could be interchangeable.

Type of deal that you do at the draft.

Its Eiserman...

Last year they got Newhook who went to Boston College..Hughe is a Boston College Grad

Eiserman is the only Massachusetts born in that range...Gorton was born in Massachusetts... there's a pattern
If Eiserman is there at 21, scout teams need to be fired.

Can,t wait when Eiserman goes much sooner and people will say.....''well...what was the point in the 21st again...''

Reactions: waitin425

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I really like this year draft. A lot of good options. Not just good defenseman, but really good forwards aswell!

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Not my type of deal unless the 21st is already going some place. What's the deal in doing something when frankly 21st and 26th could be interchangeable.

Can,t wait when Eiserman goes much sooner and people will say.....''well...what was the point in the 21st again...''
Very likely is..

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022

They could easely trade down their 5th pick to get no10 and add another 1st in the process which they will to trade for another established player... this is the most likely scenario imo

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

It's a solid move. We have enough depth in the system. We need higher end prospects. If the Habs believe there is a huge drop-off in the low-20s, get that 21 pick to make sure we land someone from that tier they're eyeing.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I think it's for Sacha Boisvert.

High compete center with skill.
Maybe. But would not be surprised if the kid is gone already. Let's hope they have contingency plans. Sam O'Reilly? Too soon for 21 in my opinion. Luchanko? Sure. Greentree if he falls?

Or.....watch out....CONNELLY!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Maybe. But would not be surprised if the kid is gone already. Let's hope they have contingency plans. Sam O'Reilly? Too soon for 21 in my opinion. Luchanko? Sure. Greentree if he falls?

Or.....watch out....CONNELLY!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Yegor Surin, Hage, Boisvert, Luchanko.. those seem like their type of guys. MBN if he slips.

Reactions: Trabdy2

Svart

Live Slow, Die Fat
Jul 5, 2006

dutchplan.jpg

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Ironic that we traded up with a team that has an employee that idiotically loved to trade down

What would be even funnier is if we drafted a player with the pick that ended up being a 1st line centerman, something MB once said you can’t trade for.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Yegor Surin, Hage, Boisvert, Luchanko.. those seem like their type of guys. MBN if he slips.
I’d add Beaudoin and Vanacker.

You move up to TRY to ensure you get your target. Opinions vary at various points, so I expect a couple of gasp! picks in the Top 20, yet the gasps may not be warranted.

Crazy crop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad