Confirmed with Link: Canadiens acquire 2024 1st (21OA) from the Kings for 2024 1st (26OA), 2024 2nd (57OA) and 2024 7th (198OA)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Either it's a preliminary move or they see a drop-off around that point on their list and expect good names to fall around there.

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
I’ve seen enough. He’s got no heart or compete. He plays timid and soft and his hockey sense is lacking as well. People are holding out hope because he’s a lanky RHD. I don’t think there’s much there, unfortunately. I hope they unload him in a package for something that can actually help us.
I don’t have as good of an eye for defense, I grew up in the rural southern U.S. so I never had the chance to play the game, but I like some of what I’ve seen from Barron offensively. I’m not saying “we shouldn’t trade him!” but I think he unfairly gets a lot criticism and is treated like a lost cause. I think he could end up being a lot better than some think.

Now, Ylonen, yeah I’ve seen enough from him. He’s pretty good at penalty shots at least.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
Maybe. But would not be surprised if the kid is gone already. Let's hope they have contingency plans. Sam O'Reilly? Too soon for 21 in my opinion. Luchanko? Sure. Greentree if he falls?

Or.....watch out....CONNELLY!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Connelly and Demidov would instantly give the Habs their most talented winger prospect pool I can remember. I would be ecstatic, perhaps even as much as the beat writers watching the clicks pile up on their hit pieces about the kid.

Reactions: NicRattlehead

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
My guess remains the same. The initial idea is to use it with something else to leverage an much earlier pick or a roster ready player.
Having said that I don't think they do it if they haven't already identified a handful of players who could still be on the board at 21 but not likely at 26.
I like the move it's clearly aggressive and we need aggressive not passive.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Bro how isn’t anyone talking more about this
He has all the options trading up, trading down, and trading for a player. How can we discuss anything without a semblance of an idea what is the more likely option.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I don’t have as good of an eye for defense, I grew up in the rural southern U.S. so I never had the chance to play the game, but I like some of what I’ve seen from Barron offensively. I’m not saying “we shouldn’t trade him!” but I think he unfairly gets a lot criticism and is treated like a lost cause. I think he could end up being a lot better than some think.

Now, Ylonen, yeah I’ve seen enough from him. He’s pretty good at penalty shots at least.
It’s not about wanting to trade him. It’s about there being only so many roster spots, both in Laval and MTL, and we have too many young D that need their reps and opportunities for the good of their development. We’ve had a two year look at him. I’d say it’s time to invest in other prospects over him because he hasn’t shown much progression at all in the last two years.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
There's a thinkng in hockey that you need to give a young Dman 200 games before you know what you've got. These kids are still developing and sometimes the lightbulb clicks later for some.

Sidney Crosby raved about Barron's potential after we got him.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I'm thinking SJ will snag one of those D with the #11 pick. They'll be in good position again next year to get another stud forward.

San Jose's prospect pool is also super forward heavy and their D are generally offense oriented (and undersized in the case of Cagnoni and Havelid). They need a D prospect with some size and defensive acumen.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Hughes either trying to position himself to potentially move into the top 10 and come out with both a forward and a defenseman, or trading that pick in a package for a young top 6 winger.

Exciting times.

Unfortunately in terms of the Demidov dream, I think if that's the case then we likely do go with a defenseman at 5.

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
It’s not about wanting to trade him. It’s about there being only so many roster spots, both in Laval and MTL, and we have too many young D that need their reps and opportunities for the good of their development. We’ve had a two year look at him. I’d say it’s time to invest in other prospects over him because he hasn’t shown much progression at all in the last two years.
I agree with that. We do need to part with D men to take a shot at more forwards.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
The habs need higher picks. There are likely to be some more interesting players available at 21, especially if some teams disagree with the consensus.

A second to move five spots after 20OA is steep, though.

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
There's a thinkng in hockey that you need to give a young Dman 200 games before you know what you've got. These kids are still developing and sometimes the lightbulb clicks later for some.

Sidney Crosby raved about Barron's potential after we got him.
Those Sidney Crosby comments stuck with me as well.

I would try to trade the D-man I feel like we could afford to lose and who I felt like had reached his max potential/max value. Between Struble, Harris, Barron, and maybe a couple others, I don’t feel like Barron is at the top of that list because I think his potential is much higher.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
The habs need higher picks. There are likely to be some more interesting players available at 21, especially if some teams disagree with the consensus.

A second to move five spots after 20OA is steep, though.
"It will be interesting to see if Kent Hughes can work his magic. He's hoping to add another top-10 pick, and he's also listening to interest in moving up or down a few spots with his fifth pick. He's also involved in a number of player discussions." - Darren Dreger

• Love
Reactions: Rapala

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
I know his cousin. She’s Canadian - not sure if he has a lot of family in Canada or if they’re the exception.
His dad is from Canada and was a pro hockey player for many years. His dad's side of the family my guess would mostly still live in Canada.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2