GDT: Canadian Soccer | Canada at the Copa America - July 9 vs Argentina in the SF

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Not crazy about the Netherlands but I’d rather they win it all at this point
giphy.gif

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
One of the only “big” soccer nations to not win a major tournament, this year as a dark horse as good as any. Especially since the alternatives are it actually “comes home” (lol) or Spain takes sole lead of most Euro wins
I was surprised that Netherlands have never won any major tournament.

Canada vs Argentina, time to pull off the Miracle on Pitch.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

Closest they got I think was 1974. Considered the favourites (at the time) go up 1-0 but lose 2-1. Beckenbauer and Gerd Muller in particular would go on to be legends. G Muller, of course, considered a GOAT with 68 goals in 62 caps.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting

Surprised because throughout history Holland is all talk all day and no action. Historically the most heralded nation not to have accomplished a thing on world stage. except winning all the diving comps.

I'll take Spain despite the shenanigans against Germany. Neither England or Holland who have come through the very weak side draw deserve anything.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Canada v refs as well, again
They simply aren’t good enough, they need to take what Argentina gives them, one extra pass or touch has prevented them from having scoring opportunities.

You can’t clear a ball up the middle, that’s U9 stuff.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Turning great opportunities into no shot at all with a poor pass. Reminds me of a team :)

Reactions: DrDrai

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Spain France was a good game. I'm in the anybody but England camp.

Canada needs more finishing skills. Overhandling and leaving scoring chances on the table against an elite opponent.

Reactions: DrDrai

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
We just don't have enough consistent quality to compete with a squad like Argentina.

We really still manage to f*** up the final 1/3 like the point is not to score as well which doesn't help.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
They simply aren’t good enough, they need to take what Argentina gives them, one extra pass or touch has prevented them from having scoring opportunities.

You can’t clear a ball up the middle, that’s U9 stuff.

Eh, more the no call before the first goal. They got f***ed around in the Venezuela game too

But not good enough either way. Argentina won’t have such an easy time v Uruguay (or Colombia)

Spain France was a good game. I'm in the anybody but England camp.

Canada needs more finishing skills. Overhandling and leaving scoring chances on the table against an elite opponent.

Shaffelburg is the only one that ever looks a threat to score.

It’s too bad Davies can’t be played further up right now

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Eh, more the no call before the first goal. They got f***ed around in the Venezuela game too

But not good enough either way. Argentina won’t have such an easy time v Uruguay (or Colombia)

Shaffelburg is the only one that ever looks a threat to score.

It’s too bad Davies can’t be played further up right now
Officiating is at an all time low in all major sports, it’s really sad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad