OT: MLB Thread 2024

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
That was a weird thing when he missed the call on Alonso and even Pete like stood there in the box and I'm pretty sure asked him to clarify that he called the pitch a ball and not a strike. I don't remember seeing that before.
He's money on the pitch clock though.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
This weekend series is the most important series since the Braves one in 2022. You can get a serious leg up or be stuck on the outside looking in again.

Senga coming back when they need a #1 to step in. You have to buy for this bullpen. The lineup is strong. Marte will be back hopefully and just adds to the options. He was an .800 OPS bat before his knee was acting up. Could DH at times, I think Martinez isn't a guy that can go every day anymore.

They don't need to go crazy with adding, but give the guys a chance to do something special.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
The Yankees won’t be good again until they got rid of Cashman. This organization needs a rebuild from the bottom to the top. A complete change in philosophy of the franchise. They won’t because they make money hand over fist and that’s all Hal cares about.

The Mets not only smacked them around, but they had fun doing it. If the boss were alive to see that.

Reactions: majordomo

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
The Yankees won’t be good again until they got rid of Cashman. This organization needs a rebuild from the bottom to the top. A complete change in philosophy of the franchise. They won’t because they make money hand over fist and that’s all Hal cares about.

The Mets not only smacked them around, but they had fun doing it. If the boss were alive to see that.
I’ve been a Cashman defender, but enough is enough. The lineup is absolutely abysmal with two of the best hitters in the sport. How has this team continually failed to develop any positional talent beyond Judge? How have they not made any trades for cheap talent over the years? Just more misses on Donaldson, Rizzo, DJ etc… Gleyber should’ve been dealt last deadline or in the offseason. It’s been the same formula for the last 15 years.

Reactions: romba

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I've always liked the Mets, but they've become 1 of my 2 favorites this season.

If the NYY traded Cole, Judge, and Soto, they could be the new Os, but Cashman would never do that.
Yankees have had a winning record every season since 1993. It's an amazing stat when you think about it.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
While I'm not a Yankees fan, while watching last night, the predominant thought in my mind was "Oh, if George were still around....."

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
The consensus here seemed to be very positive on these guys when picked up but its hard to know exactly when a player overstays their welcome. Some on here even wanted Judge to leave in FA to get that comp pick. What would the Yanks have looked like the past few years if he signed with Oakland out of HS?

The consensus doesn't mean much of anything really though. You, me and everybody else not named Brian Cashman aren't employed by the NYY and not receiving multi-million a year in salary to build the team. While we can all get giddy about a shiny new toy, Cashman has to be the adult in the room and say maybe somebody like Stanton is not needed and they can allocate those funds elsewhere. He's the one paid to get it right. The buck stops with him.

You can look at any one move and excuse it away, say "it seemed like the right/good decision at the time", "can't fault him for that move" and I don't general bash a GM on one move that ends up bad, but at some point, when the GM has a body of work big enough, you have to look at the whole picture. For all the moves that Cashman made that "seemed positive" at the time, too many of them have turned up not working out.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Sometimes it's better to be lucky that good!

That's a play the Mets usually make themselves

Now you have Senga going and you beat one of their best already. I'll be at the game Saturday, hopefully it's rocking

Reactions: Kane One

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
lolbraves

Sometimes it's better to be lucky that good!

That's a play the Mets usually make themselves

Now you have Senga going and you beat one of their best already. I'll be at the game Saturday, hopefully it's rocking
Not often do I say “I could’ve made that play,” but I think I could’ve made that play.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Awful execution by Atl, the CS at 3rd and the botched squeeze. They didn't deserve to win with their small ball all night. Hate the free runner thing but I'll take it.

Reactions: Kane One

Ad

Upcoming events

• Armenia vs Latvia
    Armenia vs Latvia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $135.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Georgia vs Czech Republic
    Georgia vs Czech Republic
    Wagers: 3