OT: MLB Thread 2024

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Mets continue to toy with my heart.

Vientos looks like the real deal at 3B. Curious what the plan is for Baty and Mauricio at this point. They can’t both play 2B. Mauricio is recovering from surgery and won’t be back this season, so more of a next season problem. Baty is smacking the cover off the ball in AAA.

Yes, but i still would be sellers at deadline. We just beat up on bad teams this month. We are a middling team.

Martinez
Marte
mcneill
Severino

All could bring back some pieces.

And then there is alonso who i would trade but i wouldnt be upset if we keep him.

Bring up the kids for aug and sep.

This org needs to think about long term instead of wildcard and out this year.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
The Mets have so much stupid shit, I love it. Grimace. The Rally Pimp. Iglesias and OMG. The f***ing Glizzy Izzy dog.

I love how the Rangers are so prim and proper, bland and stodgy. And at the same time I love that the Mets are basically a constant circus and like a AA franchise.
Honestly good! Life is suppose to be fun. Being a fan is suppose to be fun. A sports team should be fun. Maybe it verges on cringe sometimes but I'd rather a franchise be fun than uptight, and straightlaced w/an exceptionalism complex like, eh hem, the Yankees....

Reactions: nyr2k2

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
The Mets have so much stupid shit, I love it. Grimace. The Rally Pimp. Iglesias and OMG. The f***ing Glizzy Izzy dog.

I love how the Rangers are so prim and proper, bland and stodgy. And at the same time I love that the Mets are basically a constant circus and like a AA franchise.
when I saw a vid of that dog I lost it.

Reactions: nyr2k2

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
That was some hilarious keystones cops shit by Holmes,Volpe and Verdugo in the 9th.Fitting way to go into the ASG

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
"Oh no here he comes" is not the emotion I should have about the team's closer, but also, that was a popup.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I mean he got 4 outs in the 9th, Volpe can’t handle a ground out and Verdugo does whatever on a 99% catch probability.

Reactions: romba

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Also, Cashman trading for Donaldson and Verdugo, two guys their teams couldn’t wait to dump is hilarious.

A red flag would be you can’t get along with Alex Cora, who basically gets his teams to play hard every night, and who the Yankees should give any contract he wants this winter to coach this team.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
The only thing nasty about Nestor is his inability to close out hitters.
Seven of his eight hits were with two strikes. Many of them getting ahead in the count.
Walking Alex Jackson with his meaty .086 BA after being ahead 1-2
And then giving up a HR to him after throwing a first pitch strike and then going full count.
VOMIT!

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Mets should try and see if they can leave Miami with Scott coming with them. He'd be the perfect back end of the bullpen piece. Would solve two issues, a matchup lefty and a set up guy.

I'd also try and lock him in on a deal, he's young and you don't see too many lefties with his stuff.

He's not wrong, right now it's Judge or Soto and not much else. Rice is a fun story. Probably an overlooked piece of their farm. His bat will play. Wells should be playing too.

Mets went with lefty handed pitching for the Yankees series. Clearly planned out that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad