Speculation: The Remaining UFA's

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Guessing he wants ~3x2.5M

Retirement contract if he can't handle it.
No one wants him..... No players left are signing those deals. Look at Brannstrom, Boqvist and Lundqvist. Same situation close to league minimum deals. Remember your asinine rant about him being better than Chabot. Hahahah. Maybe that was @Double Dion I get you two confused. Hilarious to think about how confident you guys were in that proclamation.

For the sens I'd like to see them sign Cousins and or Schultz to a one year league minimum deal if they can't get anything better than a PTO.

Last edited:

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
No one wants him..... No players left are signing those deals. Look at Brannstrom, Boqvist and Lundqvist. Same situation close to league minimum deals. Remember your asinine rant about him being better than Chabot. Hahahah. Maybe that was @Double Dion I get you two confused. Hilarious to think about how confident you guys were in that proclamation.

For the sens I'd like to see them sign Cousins and or Schultz to a one year league minimum deal if they can't get anything better than a PTO.

It's weird that you'd remember anyone ranting about something like that haha. Like do you write notes.

• Haha
Reactions: Caps8112

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

There had been some murmurs that Ondrej Kase wanted another chance in the NHL, but it sounds like he's staying with Czech league team.

This article (through a rough Google translate) mentioned Edmonton and Pittsburgh as the primary suitors but that an offer didn't materialize. Not sure if Kase was the backup plan if other guys hadn't signed and/or they only offered a PTO.

...meanwhile this account says Kase had offers but chose to stay home for family reasons.

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I wish I could find the exact Dean Lombardi quote, but I remember a Q&A and he said something to the effect of to beware certain players who put up numbers on a bad team.

After Taylor Hall was injured and Corey Perry was dismissed, it looks like Johnson got PP1 time (2:39/game). Of his 31 points, 16 came on the PP. Probably not many teams would be looking at Johnson as a PP1 option.

Johnson would be a depth guy at best a contending team and he doesn't really profile to be a bottom six forward. Rebuilding clubs probably have a younger guy they'd want to reserve that ice time for. If I recall correctly, Johnson (5 mil AAV) was helping Chicago reach the salary floor.
I'm kind of surprised Seattle hasn't signed him...Hometown, and he and Gourde worked pretty well together in T.B.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I'm kind of surprised Seattle hasn't signed him...Hometown, and he and Gourde worked pretty well together in T.B.

Maybe saving a spot for one of the kids or a more prototypical 4th liner? Top 9 seems spoken for and I don't think Johnson profiles as a 4th liner.

LW: McCann-Schwartz-Tolvanen-Tanev(RW?)-Kartye
C: Stephenson-Beniers-Gourde-Wright?-Meyers
RW: Burakovsky-Eberle-Bjorkstrand-

Reactions: voyageur

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Seattle looks just about set maybe have a use for another winger but the Kraken have a lot of young talent going to by vying for roster spots during TC.

Wright and Winterton have a decent chance of making the opening night roster, Goyette and Firkus may also get a look in Seattle before being reassigned to Coachella Valley for the season.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
No just when someone is so wrong and at the same time has the audacity to insinuate they have a superior intellect you don't forget. It wasn't long ago either.
When you see some who is pretty spazzy sometimes it's fun to tweak their nose. Chabot does suck hard.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
The GOAT returns!!!!

download (2).png

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Six weeks into free agency and Niemelainen remains unsigned - both in the NHL and Europe.

Any chance he signs an AHL deal with Bakersfield or somewhere else?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Any interest in Tyson Barrie? Over 850 NHL games (with playoffs) but still hasn't signed anywhere.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Quite a fall from grace for Yamamoto.

Feel like he will end up on the Penguins at some point.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Feel like he's too well liked to not get a job somewhere. Was he really that bad in Nashville this year?

I can't say I watched a ton of Nashville last year, but 9 even strength points in 41 games seems a bit low for an offensive minded D.

Probably not too many spots left / teams who could use a guy like Barrie in a PP heavy role. Feel like he could be a placeholder PPQB in San Jose but they already have a bunch of D signed as it is. Anaheim could use another RHD but maybe more a stay at home guy than somebody like Barrie.

Ballpark RHD depth by division:

ANA: Gudas-Luneau
CGY: Weeger (plays left side)-Andersson-Miromanov-Pachal
EDM: Bouchard-Ceci-Brown (Broberg played right side during playoffs)
LAK: Doughty-Spence-Burroughs-Clarke
SJS: Rutta-Emberson-Benning
SEA: Montour-Larsson-Borgen-Fleury
VAN: Hronek-Myers-Desharnais-Friedman-Juulsen
VGK: Pietrangelo-Whitecloud-Korczak (Theodore can play right side)

San Jose could fit since I'm not sure who their PP1QB will be.

CHI: Jones-Murphy (Brodie/Martinez could play right side)
COL: Makar-Manson-Malinski (Kylington/Brannstrom could play right side)
DAL: Dumba-Lyubushkin-Lundkvist (Heiskanen plays right side)
MIN: Faber-Spurgeon-Bogosian
NSH: Carrier-Schenn-Fabbro
STL: Parayko-Faulk-Kessel
UTA: Marino-Durzi-Kesselring-Soderstrom
WPG: Pionk-DeMelo-Miller-Coghlan

Maybe Chicago but they already have enough placeholder D.

BOS: McAvoy-Carlo-Peeke
BUF: Jokiharju-Clifton (Dahlin plays right)
DET: Seider-Petry-Holl
FLO: Ekblad-Boqvist (Schmidt/Kulikov can play right)
MON: Savard-Reinbacher-Barron (not sure if Harris shifts to right side)
OTT: Jensen-Zub-Hamonic-JBD
TBL: Cernak-Perbix-Raddysh
TOR: Tanev-Liljegren-Hakanpaa?-Timmins

Before July 1, I thought Florida could work for Barrie but they've seemingly filled up their spots with Schmidt/A.Boqvist. I feel like Tampa will be adding somebody eventually, just don't know if they're looking for a guy like Barrie.

CAR: Burns-Walker-Chatfield-Morrow
CLB: Severson-Jiricek-Gudbranson-Blankenburg
NJD: Hamilton-Pesce-Nemec-Kovacevic
NYI: Dobson-Pulock-Mayfield
NYR: Fox-Trouba-Schneider-Ruhwedel
PHI: Drysdale-Ristolainen-Johnson-Attard
PIT: Letang-Karlsson
WSH: Carlson-Roy-TvR-Bear?

Pittsburgh seemingly could use a 3RD but probably more of a PK type.

Reactions: Dallasman

GossomeRwing

Aug 6, 2005
does anyone have information on Vrana I would have thought at least a couple of teams would have offered him a contract I know he had trouble in Detroit and enter the assistance program but he is still young and seems to still have the wheels offer him a one year 2.5M show me contract and see what happens if he tears it up you can either sign him to a longer deal or trade him at the deadline to a GM who has Playoff fever

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
More so if you never had the career earning of 40'ish million. Like if that was your one chance to make retirement money or put you financially in the right direction and you blew it. Could be worse I suppose when dwelling or looking back on it.
Not how it works, I assure you he thinks about it all the time and it’s a part of why he has fallen off so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Armenia vs Latvia
    Armenia vs Latvia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $135.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Georgia vs Czech Republic
    Georgia vs Czech Republic
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,068.00