Speculation: The Remaining UFA's

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I suspect Blais to Toronto, potentially on a PTO

I would aslo think Bortuzzo to Toronto if Hankapaa deal falls through or if we put him on the LTIR.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Boqvist signed with the Panthers - joining his brother Jesper.

One that intrigues me is former first-round pick Jakub Zboril. Ironically he started the year in the Bruins with Jesper and finished the year with the Cleveland Monsters, Columbus' AHL affiliate.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
He was briefly semi-productive the 1st part of the year but still needed to account for his glacial skating when he played. He fell off hard and I think he was healthy scratch at end of year. Maybe a PP2 guy if you are desperate or lost half your team to the plague or something

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yeah, sorry. Forgot he was on the Bruins roster…

He was useful enough around the net in the first half to make up for his below average play everywhere else. In the second half he struggled with illness and injury and was a black hole. Always hard to know if guys his age can bounce back from that or if they are done.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I’m somewhat surprised no team has given Alex Nylander a league min contract offer with his late season showing in Columbus.

Of course, teams could be offering him league min and he’s holding out for more…

I could see the Sharks possibly being that team with kind of a lack of RW or right shot forwards and likely a possibility of some PP2 availability, even if it's the Sprong-style 1-year deal.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I could see the Sharks possibly being that team with kind of a lack of RW or right shot forwards and likely a possibility of some PP2 availability, even if it's the Sprong-style 1-year deal.

Sharks RW spots might be spoken for after signing Tyler Toffoli and trading for Ty Dellandrea. Last spring's notable college UFA signing Collin Graf might have to start in the AHL.

LW: Granlund-Eklund-Kostin-Grundstrom-G.Smith
C: Couture?-Wennberg-Celebrini-W.Smith-Sturm-Bordeleau
RW: Toffoli-Zetterlund-Dellandrea-Kunin-Graf-Bailey

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Tyler Johnson still unsigned is surprising to me. His stats from the last 2 years look OK and he was on an awful Hawks team. Is he cooked?

Reactions: bert

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Does he exclusively play RW or LW? He’s listed as a LW it seems on most sites. I admittedly don’t know much about the player other than he’s a past high draft pick who hasn’t panned out.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Tyler Johnson still unsigned is surprising to me. His stats from the last 2 years look OK and he was on an awful Hawks team. Is he cooked?

I wish I could find the exact Dean Lombardi quote, but I remember a Q&A and he said something to the effect of to beware certain players who put up numbers on a bad team.

After Taylor Hall was injured and Corey Perry was dismissed, it looks like Johnson got PP1 time (2:39/game). Of his 31 points, 16 came on the PP. Probably not many teams would be looking at Johnson as a PP1 option.

Johnson would be a depth guy at best a contending team and he doesn't really profile to be a bottom six forward. Rebuilding clubs probably have a younger guy they'd want to reserve that ice time for. If I recall correctly, Johnson (5 mil AAV) was helping Chicago reach the salary floor.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I’m very surprised that Kylington is still not signed. He had some good moments last season. Was starting to get back to his usual game. Still has upside.
I don’t think he’s overcome whatever mental demons he’s been fighting with. Perhaps it’s a Byfuglien situation where he just doesn’t love the game the same anymore. Kylington seems like a guy who would have suitors but is taking his personal life over hockey right now.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I don’t think he’s overcome whatever mental demons he’s been fighting with. Perhaps it’s a Byfuglien situation where he just doesn’t love the game the same anymore. Kylington seems like a guy who would have suitors but is taking his personal life over hockey right now.
No, he was deeply betrayed by a family member.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Not sure what more you want? Your guesses for what's been going on with Kylington are wrong and you got the real answer.

His mental issues have been well documented. What i said isn’t wrong, you just went more in depth to the issues.

Kylington missed the entire season, and this week revealed the struggles he was going through. "There are things that have going on in the family for many years," he said, through a translator, "but which escalated to get worse and there were mental and psychological problems I suffered from."

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
His mental issues have been well documented. What i said isn’t wrong, you just went more in depth to the issues.

Kylington missed the entire season, and this week revealed the struggles he was going through. "There are things that have going on in the family for many years," he said, through a translator, "but which escalated to get worse and there were mental and psychological problems I suffered from."
Not sure what you're trying to prove here?

Your source: Kylington: "Jag led av mentala och psykologiska problem"

Doesn't specify that it was a family member, though, which he does here: Ishockey: Svenska NHL-stjärnan Oliver Kylington gör comeback efter mardrömstiden: ”Varit enormt tufft”

He literally says his mental health issues have been how he handled that betrayal and that he needed to face those issues, a journey that he says he it thankful for having started and having finished.

Edit: could add that he himself added that through that journey he learned much about himself and that fears for your problems is just controlled by your own shame. Also saying that he "just wants to play hockey."

Reactions: Btown

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Not sure what you're trying to prove here?

Your source: Kylington: "Jag led av mentala och psykologiska problem"

Doesn't specify that it was a family member, though, which he does here: Ishockey: Svenska NHL-stjärnan Oliver Kylington gör comeback efter mardrömstiden: ”Varit enormt tufft”

He literally says his mental health issues have been how he handled that betrayal and that he needed to face those issues, a journey that he says he it thankful for having started and having finished.

Edit: could add that he himself added that through that journey he learned much about himself and that fears for your problems is just controlled by your own shame. Also saying that he "just wants to play hockey."
This conversation is just going to go around in circles.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wish I could find the exact Dean Lombardi quote, but I remember a Q&A and he said something to the effect of to beware certain players who put up numbers on a bad team.

After Taylor Hall was injured and Corey Perry was dismissed, it looks like Johnson got PP1 time (2:39/game). Of his 31 points, 16 came on the PP. Probably not many teams would be looking at Johnson as a PP1 option.

Johnson would be a depth guy at best a contending team and he doesn't really profile to be a bottom six forward. Rebuilding clubs probably have a younger guy they'd want to reserve that ice time for. If I recall correctly, Johnson (5 mil AAV) was helping Chicago reach the salary floor.

Thinking of someone like Dom Moore on the Leafs or Girgensons “all star” season in Buffalo - it was ice time that helped push their production. Perhaps Johnson’s situation in Chicago is being viewed the same way. Also the league is trying to go toward bigger/grindier and that’s not his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Manchester United vs Fulham
    Manchester United vs Fulham
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $1,416.00
    Event closes - 3 days from now
    • Updated:

Ad

Ad