GDT: Canadian Soccer | Canada at the Copa America - July 9 vs Argentina in the SF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Canada clinches a spot! They only need a draw, or the US and Mexico to drop points or the US and Mexico to only eke out wins due to Canada having a +17 goal difference compared to the US +9 and Mexico's +6.

Reactions: Beerfish

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Canada clinches a spot! They only need a draw, or the US and Mexico to drop points or the US and Mexico to only eke out wins due to Canada having a +17 goal difference compared to the US +9 and Mexico's +6.

What results would be best for Canada pot-wise? Or are we locked into Pot 4?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Last time Canada qualified for the WC I was 24. Now I'm retired. Think about that kind of time frame. Wasn't sure I'd ever see Canada back in a WC, but kind of tells you how special this is. How rare it is.

Just figured I'd put that in as a signpost for context.

Enjoy the WC future, looks like Canada will have much more of a part in it. A longtime coming.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Proud to be Canadian! Proud of the Canada's Men's Football team!!
giphy.gif

Well deserved, and achievement to compete for the World Cup!!
God Bless Canada!
Have a beer, Cheers!

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
I remember starting this thread. At the time, I was hopeful but cautious. 1000+ posts later, here we are.

It's a beautiful thing.
It's really incredible when at the beginning I would've been happy if we had finished 4th or 5th because that would've been massive progress for the Men's team. Now, like you said, 1000+ posts later there's a very good chance we finish top of the table.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Final game of the qualifying cycle, and from what I’ve read a Canada win secures Pot 3 in the WC group draw on Friday.

Panama really choked away a WC spot over the last 4 games and have been eliminated. They could be fielding their B team today.

It’ll be interesting to see what kind of lineup Herdman goes with.

Reactions: dsi and oilers'72

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Can someone explain how 5 games of the world cup would disrupt the Eskimos so badly in 2026?

Can they not just play on the road those games if there is a scheduling conflict? I can't see why the Elks or the CFL would care if it's going to mean upgrades to facilities.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Forgot that the game was on. Looking like they'll finish first but only by goal difference. I guess Panama thought this game was far more important than the farce against the US.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad