GDT: Canadian Soccer | Canada at the Copa America - July 9 vs Argentina in the SF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Please. Out of the blue you come here on the board after the Oilers were tromped 9-5 tonight and bring up some posts I made last year. Apparently needing to lambast me over that. So I ask again why are you even here on this board? Its a given nobody here was going to be in a great mood on the Oilers board. Great timing bucko.
You may want to blame the software upgrade, that highlights "recent posts" at the top of the home page now, without giving an indication of which sub-forum it is on (i assume others have had this problem, especially if its about a non-hockey related topic). The irony of all this, is I actually prefer the Oilers to the Flames, and live in Edmonton. I have absolutely no idea why you are making the absurd claim that I am "trolling" considering this is a soccer thread, and has absolutely nothing to do with last night's NHL game.

Having said that, I was under the assumption that this thread was in the general "other sports" sub-forum, and wanted to talk about today's game against Jamaica at BMO Field. We're all Canadian, and rooting for Canada. I just do not get why you continue to be so cynical about this Canadian soccer team (and it's been continuous, for the past 9 months).

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
You may want to blame the software upgrade, that highlights "recent posts" at the top of the home page now, without giving an indication of which sub-forum it is on (i assume others have had this problem, especially if its about a non-hockey related topic). The irony of all this, is I actually prefer the Oilers to the Flames, and live in Edmonton. I have absolutely no idea why you are making the absurd claim that I am "trolling" considering this is a soccer thread, and has absolutely nothing to do with last night's NHL game.

Having said that, I was under the assumption that this thread was in the general "other sports" sub-forum, and wanted to talk about today's game against Jamaica at BMO Field. We're all Canadian, and rooting for Canada. I just do not get why you continue to be so cynical about this Canadian soccer team (and it's been continuous, for the past 9 months).
To be fair, I did slowly persuade him to see the light about this and he did admit he was initially wrong about it.

Enough infighting, go Canada! :)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

Thanks for the reply. I was in a shitty mood after the Flames game. You seem somewhat reasonable (who am I to judge, lol)

I never use the recent posts setting. I always have the Oilers page saved and bookmarked. I never like being on other pages. Thanks for explaining. I mistook any intent, not charitable on my part.

That said I don't think what I countered with was absurd. As the board is the board, and the sub thread on the CMNT IS on the Oilers board. I think one would note that given all the posters posting are probably names you wouldn't often see unless you lurk here. For instance the rare time somebody crosslinks threads (I f***ing hate that) doesn't take long to notice you're not in Kansas anymore.

i did think it was a bit off for you to call me out as I've never seen you before. ymmv but thats always poor form to me.

nor have I been "continuously critical" I've throughout called Davies one of the best players on the planet, starting from first page of the thread.

cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets4Life

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
lol that I just got a post I made a year ago on the Soccer thread deleted. Don't even know what post it was. hmmm

Thats some strange shit.

I should check back posts I made in say 2017. Maybe I said something wrong....

Go Canada

Reactions: oilers'72

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Is it just a sports culture thing for the broadcasters to be talking like its already a done deal once Canada went up by two?

I know it's extremely unlikely but as an Oilers fan I'm always ready for a collapse.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Try Sportsnet1
Thanks. Didn't find it until several minutes in. Somehow 5/6 Snet tiers were showing Blue Jays preseason baseball. I mean why? I'm lucky to have the complete teirs. Probably some people couldn't watch until the baseball game was over.

2-0, Canada service excellent again and Jamaica having all kinds of trouble defending. Hoilett and Estaquio constantly servicing very well.

Reactions: oilers'72

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Is it just a sports culture thing for the broadcasters to be talking like its already a done deal once Canada went up by two?

I know it's extremely unlikely but as an Oilers fan I'm always ready for a collapse.
It should be 5-0.
I feel your pain as a fellow Oiler fan but I just can't see Jamaica coming back.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
People in TO pretty ecstatic. But is it right that this is the first sellout they have had for a National Team game. thats really bad considering how low the capacity is there. Still its nice to see how pumped the crowd is for this and a real celebration. Feels like a carnival just watching on TV

nice after last nights debacle.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Kudos to the fans in Toronto for bringing the atmosphere.
That's one great thing I've noticed about this Series of Qualifiers - it doesn't matter where, but Canada is actually getting home-field advantage. Edmonton, Toronto, Hamilton - all delivering the energy. It's beautiful to see!

Last edited:
Reactions: ujju2 and oilers'72

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

it soccer, honestly the broadcaster think a 1 goal lead in the first 4 minutes will hold.

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad