GDT: Canadian Soccer | Canada at the Copa America - July 9 vs Argentina in the SF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Accidentally clicked on this thread but seen all the hub-bub about this goal Canada scored. Put it on TV and rewound it...that was a bizarre sequence! Then the keeper just about swatted it off the line, just grazed his finger tips.

Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Any update on Davies, will he be in next game?

Next game isn't for a long while.

Big unusual way to W for Canada. Game was a sleeper but tha goal was funny and the David goal at the end was more poetry.

Hats off to the El Salvador coach and players post game basically commending the Canadian team, and coach and a rare moment you don't see often in Central America. Canada was respected on the pitch during the game, and after the game. Its possible to lose with class and much better that way.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Still sooner than the Lions making the playoffs again. ;)

giphy.gif

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Next game isn't for a long while.

Big unusual way to W for Canada. Game was a sleeper but tha goal was funny and the David goal at the end was more poetry.

Hats off to the El Salvador coach and players post game basically commending the Canadian team, and coach and a rare moment you don't see often in Central America. Canada was respected on the pitch during the game, and after the game. Its possible to lose with class and much better that way.
Yeah, their players circled around Herdman to congratulate him after the game. It was pretty cool to see.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Yeah, their players circled around Herdman to congratulate him after the game. It was pretty cool to see.

The coach pointing in Herdmans chest as well. Saying its you. Yeah I saw that. Herdman deferring but the coach kept being emphatic with the love. I think due to the way Canada play, and the skill on the pitch, they're earning a lot of friends in Concacaf. I mean even the US coach wants us qualifying. We're Iceland, but better, everybody loves us now.

You could see the game wanted to start out as a chippy affair and the crowded were seeking blood, throwing bottles, but as it progressed, and into the 2nd half there was no real animosity. By the time the game was over and David and scored it was like Canada had won the crowd and the opponent over. Nice scenes post game. Like I say I've rarely seen anything like this from Central America in a game. Usually you get bags of piss thrown at you. lol

They did on purpose cut out the audio though for awhile in first half as they didn't like some of the chants from the crowd. That was weird.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The coach pointing in Herdmans chest as well. Saying its you. Yeah I saw that. Herdman deferring but the coach kept being emphatic with the love. I think due to the way Canada play, and the skill on the pitch, they're earning a lot of friends in Concacaf. I mean even the US coach wants us qualifying. We're Iceland, but better, everybody loves us now.

You could see the game wanted to start out as a chippy affair and the crowded were seeking blood, throwing bottles, but as it progressed, and into the 2nd half there was no real animosity. By the time the game was over and David and scored it was like Canada had won the crowd and the opponent over. Nice scenes post game. Like I say I've rarely seen anything like this from Central America in a game. Usually you get bags of piss thrown at you. lol

They did on purpose cut out the audio though for awhile in first half as they didn't like some of the chants from the crowd. That was weird.
Glad you’re starting to jump on the Herdman bus. ;)

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
The Hutchinson goal is without a doubt the most Canadian goal I can imagine in a world cup qualifier.

You get it behind their D, win the race, throw it to the net and crash the crease, you make havoc for their goaltender and good things happen.

That's hock... soccer for you.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
We could win every game in Concacaf final and that wouldn't happen. The world rankings tend not to be that adaptable, and so much on reputation.

You're forgetting the fact that like 8-10 UEFA countries ahead of us in the rankings won't be qualifying. Add in a few with CAF and CONMEBOL. If we go down to let's say 32ish in the rankings by winning the region, we become a pot 3 team by virtue of others missing

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad