GDT: Canadian Soccer | Canada at the Copa America - July 9 vs Argentina in the SF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Saw that goal!

I may never see another soccer goal at the rate I've been watching.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
sam-adekugbe-adekugbe.gif

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Worth noting. Panama is down 1-0 to Jamaica in the first half and they’ve missed a penalty. A loss widens the gap to 8 points with 4 games remaining for the guaranteed WC spot.

Reactions: oilers'72

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Five main centres, when you include Scottish and Victoria. I’ll say about five smaller venues, butterdome and the like. And a couple fields in all surrounding towns. Quite abit now.

Nice. There are basically 3 main venues here in our area. We are fortunate to be able to play outdoors year around (outside of flooding events) but I was just wondering how Canada produces as many quality players as they do in spite of only having optimal weather for soccer roughly half of the year. What are the indoor pitches like? Artificial turf? How does the ball play on such surfaces? Is there a big futsal following up there?

PositiveCashFlow

the construction could be better
Jul 10, 2007
Is Canada super good all of the sudden, or have the good Canadian born players stopped changing their nationalities?

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Nice. There are basically 3 main venues here in our area. We are fortunate to be able to play outdoors year around (outside of flooding events) but I was just wondering how Canada produces as many quality players as they do in spite of only having optimal weather for soccer roughly half of the year. What are the indoor pitches like? Artificial turf? How does the ball play on such surfaces? Is there a big futsal following up there?
A lot of development goes on during the indoor season, it’s slot longer. A lot of teams practice in schools, there is a huge player base. But covid has winnowed it substantially. The fields are a mixture between outdoor sized soccer and hockey sized with cement and a “carpet” cover. Depending on the age depends on the turf. For instance a previous professional league played in the northlands coliseum. It was scary though as the hockey boards are hard and right there. The ball tends to play from fast to slow depending on the weather and the amount of rubber pellets on the surface. The bounces are all different from field to field.

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
A lot of development goes on during the indoor season, it’s slot longer. A lot of teams practice in schools, there is a huge player base. But covid has winnowed it substantially.

Cool. Futsal has basically shut down here during covid but thankfully the outdoor seasons have gone on after a disruption early on in the pandemic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad