GDT: Canadian Soccer | Canada at the Copa America - July 9 vs Argentina in the SF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Where is a good place to park near Commonwealth Stadium? Getting on the LRT after a game is a nightmare with a full stadium.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Where is a good place to park near Commonwealth Stadium? Getting on the LRT after a game is a nightmare with a full stadium.

Are you new to Edmonton? My lord, don't park your car anywhere around there at night as people will basically watch to see if people are parking cars around.

1) Watched because no onstreet parking except for resident permits is allowed during events at Commonwealth. Good chance of getting ticketed if not towed.

2)Unsavory sorts looking to break in or steal your car and knowing you're going to be away from vehicle, left in the dark for 3 hrs.

3) this would be the worst place in Edmonton to park your vehicle. Even the "hey you can in my front yard for 20bucks types. They'll remove your wheels for no charge and put your vehicle on blocks. Give em enough time and they'll do more "service".

4) You really want to be walking back to your vehicle in the dark around that area at night? This area, and people perhaps should know, has become much much worse since the pandemic, and since less of the public has been around its much more criminally habituated. Its a bad area that has really gone to seed.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Oilers looking like the Elk tonight.
Expecting a high flying soccer game tonight :nod:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Are you new to Edmonton? My lord, don't park your car anywhere around there at night as people will basically watch to see if people are parking cars around.

1) Watched because no onstreet parking except for resident permits is allowed during events at Commonwealth. Good chance of getting ticketed if not towed.

2)Unsavory sorts looking to break in or steal your car and knowing you're going to be away from vehicle, left in the dark for 3 hrs.

3) this would be the worst place in Edmonton to park your vehicle. Even the "hey you can in my front yard for 20bucks types. They'll remove your wheels for no charge and put your vehicle on blocks. Give em enough time and they'll do more "service".

4) You really want to be walking back to your vehicle in the dark around that area at night? This area, and people perhaps should know, has become much much worse since the pandemic, and since less of the public has been around its much more criminally habituated. Its a bad area that has really gone to seed.

My grandparents used to live down the street so I would park there. Now I park at Royal Alex or Kingsway but it’s a bit of a walk in the winter.

Reactions: oilers'72

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
We look pretty dangerous thus far. Pushing the pace and have utilized the wingers well. Passing not as crisp but to be expected with the cold temperatures.

Reactions: oilers'72

FiftyFifty

Mar 13, 2018

LOL

Reactions: Yeah15

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Reddit people are going off about the pitch being horrendous saying this game should never have been played here.

I'm not a soccer guy. Is it really that bad?

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
Reddit people are going off about the pitch being horrendous saying this game should never have been played here.

I'm not a soccer guy. Is it really that bad?

aesthetically looks terrible and seems like the ball is bouncing quite a bit more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad