Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto

This is going to get messy. The women say they will only accept an offer from the CSA that offers equal pay to the men's team

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021

This is going to get messy. The women say they will only accept an offer from the CSA that offers equal pay to the men's team

I don’t really know a good way to say this. If the men’s stuff brings in more money than the women’s stuff does, how do they pay them dollar for dollar equally when they’re a poor organization as it is. I can see how a rich organization could make it all equal just because they are that rich. How does the csa do this?

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
I don’t really know a good way to say this. If the men’s stuff brings in more money than the women’s stuff does, how do they pay them dollar for dollar equally when they’re a poor organization as it is. I can see how a rich organization could make it all equal just because they are that rich. How does the csa do this?
How much money has the Men's team been bringing in from World Cups?

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
How much money has the Men's team been bringing in from World Cups?

I have no idea how this all works. You tell me. Is it going to be a problem here that the women want the same deal in the link you showed from the us? Should this be a slam dunk? Will the csa resist?

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
Glass half full, this tight ass team just got a lot tighter. But shit, we need some warm up games.
I am not gonna pretend like I know much about Canadian Football as a European. The players might have their reasons.

But as far as tough preparation games for the WC (which the team 100% needs), how will any good team schedule another game against them not knowing if the match will actually happen? This is a really really bad look and will hurt them going forward.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It's 100% embarrassing. Everything about this window has been terrible, from the original Iran friendly to the strike Friday, to today's continued strike and press conference.

Here is the full press conference;

Watching this doesn't make me optimistic...

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
By not selling their biggest revenue sources to private interests.

That would be a start.

Reactions: robertmac43

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
286379077_10160070396703945_1666988476996476969_n.jpg

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Wanting most of the revenue from the friendlies seems pretty ambitious.

Then again, the f***ing CSA annual report had administration/overhead expenses exceeding money paid out to the mens national team. Something tells me we are scratching the surface here, and about to see more stories about corruption involving the CSA.

Also, getting money from a private investor (CBS) and "reinvesting it." The Vancouver Whitecaps are the prime model for this. They would make huge money from transfers and merch revenue in their early years and would straight up pocket it. Fortunately, the MLS commissioner called them out numerous times.

CSA also pocketing nearly 87% of the money for the WC, and only offering 2 tickets for players families to attend (does not include flight or accommodation) is bush league.

f*** the CSA. f*** Bontis. f*** corruption. f*** FIFA for breeding this.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
So, as I thought, our incompetent leadership sold their main sources of revenue to private interests for peanuts.
Well they best buy their way out of it as fast as they can... CSB had the foresight to see what was coming and lowballed the CSA. The CSA were desperate for someone to take the risk on and a 3 mill profit would give them a no risk baseline. What a mess.. what a mess.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Well they best buy their way out of it as fast as they can... CSB had the foresight to see what was coming and lowballed the CSA. The CSA were desperate for someone to take the risk on and a 3 mill profit would give them a no risk baseline. What a mess.. what a mess.
At some point, someone in government needs to step up and make sure we have competent people in charge of CSA.

Clown show needs to end.

Reactions: Tuggy

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
If it makes you feel better, we're not the only nation facing a labour dispute and an incompetent soccer federation. Jamaica is going through some shit now too

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Nah the CSA is back to their bushleague business again and isn't treating these players like pros. If you want to pretend to be a world class program you gotta act like a world class program. Based on their history you shouldn't extend the benefit of the doubt to the CSA, they're an incompetent organization and Canadian soccer has grown despite the CSA seemingly doing everything to hold it back with their incompetence

There's players on the CMNT who make significantly less than Davies and they deserve to be compensated
Yeah no sorry we disagree if it wasn't for CMNT they never have that opportunity... And yes from everything I'm seeing Soccer Canada is absolute Bush league in terms if their handling, that being said as long as they cover players and families for the WC to me they don't owe the players anything... A lot of these guys are going to get contract with mid to top tier teams in Europe because of the exposure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad