Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Do teams typically only play 1 friendly before the world cup? Or might we see another one (if not bungled by the CSA again)

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Now they aren't practising due to a contract dispute... Man I'm tired of the divas here... Sorry alphonso what's your yearly takeaway from Bayern? Larin? Etc... Sorry guys got no sympathy playing for your country isn't money making its called national pride not pride based on how much they pay you (mijd you Canadian soccer should take 90% and funnel it to soccer in the provinces in order to grow the game) Alphonso doesn't need another condo or car but Canadian soccer needs to grow

Reactions: Hamilton Bulldogs

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
Now they aren't practising due to a contract dispute... Man I'm tired of the divas here... Sorry alphonso what's your yearly takeaway from Bayern? Larin? Etc... Sorry guys got no sympathy playing for your country isn't money making its called national pride not pride based on how much they pay you (mijd you Canadian soccer should take 90% and funnel it to soccer in the provinces in order to grow the game) Alphonso doesn't need another condo or car but Canadian soccer needs to grow

Nah the CSA is back to their bushleague business again and isn't treating these players like pros. If you want to pretend to be a world class program you gotta act like a world class program. Based on their history you shouldn't extend the benefit of the doubt to the CSA, they're an incompetent organization and Canadian soccer has grown despite the CSA seemingly doing everything to hold it back with their incompetence

There's players on the CMNT who make significantly less than Davies and they deserve to be compensated

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Something tells me Alphonso isn't fighting for his own paycheck here.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
This is not how things are done. I want to know who is giving the players their advice...

I also think the CSA could rightfully sanction the players and i love this team. This is not how disputes are handled..

I really think heads could roll here...

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
This is not how things are done. I want to know who is giving the players their advice...

I also think the CSA could rightfully sanction the players and i love this team. This is not how disputes are handled..

What are they supposed to do instead? If the federation is refusing to do anything about it then there isn’t much else they can do.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
There has to be a way to negotiate... has to be or heads should roll all over the place.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I had no idea the game against the states a few years ago at BMO was in jeopardy over the same bs. That was really the jumping off point for this generation of players.

Looks like some shady dealings by the csa hasn't left much of the $10 mill pot for the players. 2 tickets to Qatar per player haha

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto

This is absolutely how it is done. This is not the first time national teams have done this. El Salvador even did it before a game against Canada during the World Cup Qualifers.

Strikes are effective ways to make labour demands be met

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
This is absolutely how it is done. This is not the first time national teams have done this. El Salvador even did it before a game against Canada during the World Cup Qualifers.

Strikes are effective ways to make labour demands be met
I don't want us compared to El Salvador and other nations.. We should be better and more professional.. Blame all around here.

I'm seeing red mist right now... maybe i'll come around in a few days.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't want us compared to El Salvador and other nations.. We should be better and more professional.. Blame all around here.

I'm seeing red mist right now... maybe i'll come around in a few days.
...but our soccer association pretty much is on that level. The team on the field qualifying for the World Cup is punching way above the weight of the organization and facilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad