Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
To be fair, he wasn’t being considered for our senior team yet. I think he would’ve had a chance to make the U-20’s, but he’s not a lock for that team. He was in one camp out of like four.

I doubt he’s decided yet either. He’s not cap-tied, and these games won’t finalize his decision. We’ll have to see what happens. If at the start of next season he’s getting minutes every game for Espanyol first team then I think this recruiting saga could ramp up.

Wouldn't he get cap-tied to Canada if he plays in the Nations League games?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Apparently, there are rumors that we could fill the friendly next window with a game against Ukraine. Depends on how they do June 1st I imagine. Would also likely happen later in the window, not the original June 5th time slot

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Apparently, there are rumors that we could fill the friendly next window with a game against Ukraine. Depends on how they do June 1st I imagine. Would also likely happen later in the window, not the original June 5th time slot

This is just peak political grandstanding.

We also can't play them later on since we have Nations League.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Will be fun to see how FIFA's very fluid rules on government interference come into play on this one.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
If Chrystia Freeland has a picture book or performs a puppet show for Justin explaining Qatar's human rights record, we may feel the pressure to boycott in November.

• Haha
Reactions: Fandlauer

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
To be fair, he wasn’t being considered for our senior team yet. I think he would’ve had a chance to make the U-20’s, but he’s not a lock for that team. He was in one camp out of like four.

I doubt he’s decided yet either. He’s not cap-tied, and these games won’t finalize his decision. We’ll have to see what happens. If at the start of next season he’s getting minutes every game for Espanyol first team then I think this recruiting saga could ramp up.
Sounds like his decision is more up in the air than the Canadian media had initially thought. Very much undecided at this point.
Wouldn't he get cap-tied to Canada if he plays in the Nations League games?

I think FIFA changed the rules recently and you need to play four official games to be locked into a team.
In terms of Cap tieing, I also thought FIFA changed the rules recently but looking through Twitter it sounds like the Nations League game would cap-tie him. Peter is usually on top of these things;

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Richie didn't make the bench for Forest in their promotion match. Not sure if he's injured. Shame.

I don't rate Richie, but I was pulling for him to make this move work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad