Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
Good luck keeping that momentum going now with attracting other dual nationals.
Yes and no.

Obviously bad press for the team that would leave a sour taste in the mouth to players.

But the strike could also lead to better compensation or other conditions which could help attract players to the team. Likewise it could kick the CSA to get their f***ing act together

Reactions: Ghetty Green

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Yes and no.

Obviously bad press for the team that would leave a sour taste in the mouth to players.

But the strike could also lead to better compensation or other conditions which could help attract players to the team. Likewise it could kick the CSA to get their f***ing act together

Maybe so.

But just being so jaded with the CSA all my life just doesn't allow me to see the upside as realistic.

Reactions: Tuggy and Pink Mist

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Canada soccer is holding a press conference and should start at any minute and will be shown on OneSoccer

Edit: The press conference is now delayed until 8:15 ET

Reactions: Tuggy

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Hopefully this changes the CSA for good. However, I do have a problem with the players announcing so late that they wouldn’t be playing. Sucks for those who traveled to Vancouver for this game.
100% but I’m sure it had a lot to do with them hoping it would get sorted out. The players don’t WANT to not play just to not play. They want to get this fixed too.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
What i am taking from this is that we are miles apart. Do we have 26 more players we can bring in?

Cannot possibly face sanctions from CONCACAF for this... jeopardizing the future.

There is also the matter of giving notice to strike... that's how things are done. So that Panama doesn't travel in and fans don't travel in. I want to know what half assed lawyer has given our mens team this advice.

the CSA has been useless forever but Canadian Soccer has not been a hot property until now... It's like having a career year after 20 bad ones and demanding the world. We were not considered useful by any of the major networks.. we landed on onesoccer.

I am not giving the players a pass here. Not one bit. Sustained success will open up doors, better advertising rights, TV rights etc... Need time to build.. We were nothing and nowhere and i was there for every little f***ing bit of it... every little bullshit match against Belize and when we were bringing on Nakajima-Ferran to change a game.

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
What i am taking from this is that we are miles apart. Do we have 26 more players we can bring in?

Cannot possibly face sanctions from CONCACAF for this... jeopardizing the future.

There is also the matter of giving notice to strike... that's how things are done. So that Panama doesn't travel in and fans don't travel in. I want to know what half assed lawyer has given our mens team this advice.

the CSA has been useless forever but Canadian Soccer has not been a hot property until now... It's like having a career year after 20 bad ones and demanding the world. We were not considered useful by any of the major networks.. we landed on onesoccer.

I am not giving the players a pass here. Not one bit. Sustained success will open up doors, better advertising rights, TV rights etc... Need time to build.. We were nothing and nowhere and i was there for every little f***ing bit of it... every little bullshit match against Belize and when we were bringing on Nakajima-Ferran to change a game.

No f*** that. I won't support any player who crosses the picket line and plays for Canada while others are striking

I will never support scabs

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Have you read their release?

Their demands seem fairly reasonable.

CSB is corporate greed. CSA seems to have given up controlling the revenue sources for a guaranteed, small, revenue... just when things were starting to be interesting.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Have you read their release?

Their demands seem fairly reasonable.

CSB is corporate greed. CSA seems to have given up controlling the revenue sources for a guaranteed, small, revenue... just when things were starting to be interesting.
I don't think we really know anything with tweets in the media.. You may be right on CSB... i don't know anything about them.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This is partly the issue though. The new contract was not set up well to provide players with compensation if they are good. So the players are seeing their success, they will likely continue to succeed, and they won't see an increase in compensation during this deal. They are fighting for the next 5+ years.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
This is partly the issue though. The new contract was not set up well to provide players with compensation if they are good. So the players are seeing their success, they will likely continue to succeed, and they won't see an increase in compensation during this deal. They are fighting for the next 5+ years.
So can there be proper benchmarking done and a fair deal done with total transparency... ? The fact that hasn't already happened and we are in this mess just makes me sick. Critical training and match time lost.. Embarrassment all around...

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So can there be proper benchmarking done and a fair deal done with total transparency... ? The fact that hasn't already happened and we are in this mess just makes me sick. Critical training and match time lost.. Embarrassment all around...
It's 100% embarrassing. Everything about this window has been terrible, from the original Iran friendly to the strike Friday, to today's continued strike and press conference.

Here is the full press conference;

Reactions: al secord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad