Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
If it makes you feel better, we're not the only nation facing a labour dispute and an incompetent soccer federation. Jamaica is going through some shit now too

I know it happens Pink but it still does not make me happy it is happening to us.

At least we will get the games in this week and hopefully they get their reps face to face immediately after to see what can be accomplished. This cannot drag on.

The Habs Fan

May 24, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
One thing that I find interesting about this whole situation is the CSA seems to have offered equal pay to the men and the women (30% each), which seems fair. However in the men’s team statement, they talk about equal percentage. So not equal pay like the US is doing with their soccer teams, but equal percentage from the respective prize moneys. Anyway, this negotiation might also feature a fight between the CMNT and the CWNT as well as the CSA. It’ll be interesting to see how it gets resolved..

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Maybe, but I don't think looking at the US contract makes any sense.

Markets, sponsorship, TV deals, etc. are nowhere close to the same.
And? I mean, that's true. You are absolutely right... but that's the CSA's problem.

If both the men and women get the same % of the overall pool, the size of that pool is not their responsibility. The fact that it is a smaller pool should not affect equal pay. They'll be equally badly paid because CSA is dumb af and sold their high-potential assets to private interest to secure a small guarantee.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Nice to have a game to watch tonight! Should be a good one.

If you are in the Vancouver area tickets are 75% off!

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Any MLS players you guys think can explode and take roster spot in WC?
Kamal Miller will explode all over your TV screen. Kone could take a big step this summer, but he's quite young.

It is.. I will watch but i'm still a little sore about the fiasco Sunday and i'm not as excited as i should be.

A good performance against an in form team would help.
Still a bad taste in my mouth. I'm actually expecting a poor performance tonight based purely on this distraction.

Hoping for the best.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Kamal Miller will explode all over your TV screen. Kone could take a big step this summer, but he's quite young.

Still a bad taste in my mouth. I'm actually expecting a poor performance tonight based purely on this distraction.

Hoping for the best.
lol - explode all over your screen. That had me laughing out loud.

Reactions: al secord

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Any MLS players you guys think can explode and take roster spot in WC?
To answer your question, we've had about 6 or 7 MLS players in our 23 at any given time.

Kone had used some early season MLS form to get a sniff and now Raheem Edwards has somehow found himself again and landed in this team for the Nations League. It is very difficult to see how someone new from MLS punches their way in.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
a very strong 4-4-2 or 3-4-3 lineup tonight... no messing about. In fact , i think this is the lineup for the WC opener barring injury. That or we want an extra midfielder like Piette to try and kick Debruyne for a half to soften him up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad