Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Belgium and Croatia both currently getting pummelled in Nations League play.

It doesn't matter a whole in early June, but better to see our WC opponents in poor form than great form right now :laugh:

The Habs Fan

May 24, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
3 spots for Canadian teams to make the expanded CCL. Great for league viewership and development of players.

Actually, I’m pretty sure there could actually be potentially 6 different Canadian teams in the CCL if a CPL team wins the Canadian championship. Canadian MLS teams can now qualify through the MLS qualifying options and the Leagues Cup as well.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Actually, I’m pretty sure there could actually be potentially 6 different Canadian teams in the CCL if a CPL team wins the Canadian championship. Canadian MLS teams can now qualify through the MLS qualifying options and the Leagues Cup as well.
Yeah, theoretically it could go that high. 3 is the minimum per year which is great for the Canadian game

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Canadian Team refusing to train. Nothing better than seeing this in the build up to a World Cup..

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

80980362.jpg

Dark cloud over CANMNT just won't seem to go away....

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
1-1 end of regulation and we are off to penalties.

Essentially pigtown fc just won the cup because we are the most awful club in the world when it comes to penalties. Like worse than the English National Team bad.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
For the CMNT thing, it sucks, but the players were going to put some pressure under the CSA at some point. I hate what it could do for the program's optic.

As for Forge last night! Man, they played so well and really deserved to win that game. I feel for Poku who was noticeably shaken up when he missed that fifth penalty.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I hate that all the good vibes in March have been replaced by the same old CSA bs we've become accustomed to. It's disheartening. Tears of joy at BMO to this crap. Hopefully we'll get today's game in.

El Salvador was able to make it work at the 11th hour ffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad