Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Strange post.... I guess something behind the scenes didn't sit well with her?

Looking like its a personal thing and not a Soccer Canada thing?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
In other Canada Soccer news. Tabla is returning to Ottawa on a three year deal. You don't often see CPL talents sign 3 years, my guess is the league and Ottawa are hoping he impresses again and is sold on to the MLS or middle of Europe.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It is just so hard to trust that is actually the case... the day she starts... just can't make it in today.
It's tough given Canada Soccer's track record. That being said when it comes to health I give the benefit of the doubt and try not to overly speculate.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
So no more OneSoccer.

I wonder if TSN or Sportsnet step up.
One of them has to... What an unexpected opportunity this is..

Walker quits on day one.. CSB given a new lease on life to get a new and better deal.. in the same week.

Reactions: Tuggy

gattaca

Jan 5, 2011
Mississauga
Someone's got to with the Copa and World Cup on the horizon.

I'm more interested to see what happens with the CPL.

Not financially for Canadian soccer. It will be a step back as TSN/SN don't pay for rights for non tier 1 sports properties and don't pay for production.

Cord cutting has cut revenues and audience base. So, Bell isn't investing for growth in their media divisions. Instead, it is time to milk the cash cow.

There is also no men's WCQs to dangle for the next 3-4 years. TSN already has rights to Copa & World Cup 26. If Canada plays a marquee friendly or two pre World Cup, they can just buy it a la carte. or get sponsors to foot the bill as was done for Sinclair's send off match.

Reactions: robertmac43

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
It's ummm... "impressive" how quickly and comprehensively the good will and momentum created by the women's Olympic gold and men's success en route to qualifying for the WC has been squandered. Legendary stuff.

Reactions: Tuggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad