wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
26 WC Match Schedule announced today.

For Canada:

Jun 12 in Toronto
Jun 18 in Vancouver
Jun 24 in Vancouver

Both Toronto and Vancouver look to be hosting 5 group matches, with Vancouver also hosting a Round of 32 match. Assuming that would be Canada's if they make it out of the group stage.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
26 WC Match Schedule announced today.

For Canada:

Jun 12 in Toronto
Jun 18 in Vancouver
Jun 24 in Vancouver

Both Toronto and Vancouver look to be hosting 5 group matches, with Vancouver also hosting a Round of 32 match. Assuming that would be Canada's if they make it out of the group stage.
Toronto and Vancouver are hosting Round of 32 matches and Vancouver gets an additional Round of 16 match.

6 total matches in Toronto, 7 in Vancouver.

Reactions: wingman75

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Is there natural grass in Vancouver's future then? BC place is sold out already for the Messi match, but I doubt he plays on field turf.

I assume grass was a prerequisite for getting WC games.

Last edited:
Reactions: PanniniClaus

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Is there natural grass in Vancouver's future then? BC place is sold out already for the Messi match, but I doubt he plays on field turf.

I assume grass was a prerequisite for getting WC games.
BC Place will be upgraded to grass, yes.

The Final is being played at MetLife Stadium in NJ, which also will need to be converted to natural grass.

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto

Jesus Christ...

"Soccer doesn't come first at Soccer Canada these days."

futurama-days-since-last-accident.gif

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
No possible way the new general secretary stepping down was in isolation... there is something rotten to the core...
It's so disheartening because I don't see them righting the ship anytime soon. Not by the Trinidad game, not by COPA (if we make it), not by the end of 2024.

It basically comes down to, can they start to be on the right course by the 2026 World Cup.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad