Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
What annoys me the most is how this looks for future dual-nationals. Why would anyone commit their international future to Canada right now?

It's such a terrible look for this program that should be reaping the rewards of all the on field success.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
What did they think would happen when they gave all of their assets to private interests in exchange of a quick cash influx?
Bontis and the board knew what would happen with that dirt cheap deal with the Canada Soccer Business, and most should be aware this was intentional. This is peak corruption happening in Canada, and this also occurs in other realms as well (telecom, energy, health care).

Now...Canadian soccer should absolutely be thriving in Canada. Enrollment has increased at the youth level, we have large stadiums that can be filled with people, and the women and mens national teams have enjoyed success (women have had success over the past 11 years). This is where ineptitude comes into play...Piss poor marketing and expensive tickets have led to crap attendance numbers and marquee friendlies and tournaments are not on cable TV. How the **** are you going to tap into the market if no one can watch these games???

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I would have liked to see Larin stay in one of the top 5 leagues. I guess the one bright side is he should be in immaculate form and confidence in Liga 2.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Well game today, not as excited as I once was with the recent news and the fact that this game does nothing for our FIFA points.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Well game today, not as excited as I once was with the recent news and the fact that this game does nothing for our FIFA points.
I'll get more fired up a game time. Should be a good test as I thought Guadeloupe were the best of the qualifiers.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006

We've got some debuts tonight.

Happy to have some debuts for sure. Seeing Cavallini lead the line does not warm my heart. I love Junny so happy anytime he takes the pitch.

3 4 3 I assume.

Hoilett/Cavallini/Millar

Bombito/Osorio/Ahmed/Laryea

Miller/Vitoria/Tug McGraw

Reactions: Tuggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad