Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
So that should be it for Cavallini in a Canada shirt. Running around like a chicken with his head cut off and fouling people.

Surprising to see Vitoria dribbled like that. Shaffelburg for Millar wouldn't bother me.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
So that should be it for Cavallini in a Canada shirt. Running around like a chicken with his head cut off and fouling people.

Surprising to see Vitoria dribbled like that. Shaffelburg for Millar wouldn't bother me.
Pleased the debutants all looked decent.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I know zonal marking on corners gets heat... Wenger was big on it, but I think we could benefit from it based on what i've seen over the past few games on set pieces..

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Watched this one on delay. Canada fully deserved to lose and were totally lackluster. Deservedly booed off the pitch.

It's time to thank Borjan for his services and move on as he's having massive issues tracking balls and making poor reads in the box. We know this nation has a deficit of reliable CBs and this will not change anytime soon...we need a keeper that can at least make a difference.

Another massive issue continues to be Herdman. Wrong players, wrong subs, waits too long to make subs, and cannot adjust during the game. It's evident that he isn't connecting with the players on many fronts and he has zero ability to command any adjustments during the game. Jesus...

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Far from the greatest performance from us. I'm willing to give the guys a pass since it was a short camp and many of these guys were making their debuts. Hoping for a cleaner performance on Sunday night.

I also think Guadeloupe is being underrated in this thread and beyond. They have Gravillon who plays in Serie A, Ambrose who spent some time with City before moving on to Belgium's top flight, a couple guys from Ligue 2, and more playing around Europe. I have them finishing second in the group and based on available talent they may push on further than I originally thought.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I also think Guadeloupe is being underrated in this thread and beyond. They have Gravillon who plays in Serie A, Ambrose who spent some time with City before moving on to Belgium's top flight, a couple guys from Ligue 2, and more playing around Europe. I have them finishing second in the group and based on available talent they may push on further than I originally thought.

I guess then the question becomes, how does an island with the population of Halifax produce so much better footballers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad