Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Do any Canadian channels carry international games?

I'm working my way into soccer and want to follow Bayern for Davies, and I wanna check out some EPL as well. These World Cup games have been a lot of fun, even without getting the results we hoped for.
You’d have to check each league for broadcast rights. There’s at least four different networks that have the rights to international leagues in the US.

Reactions: PBandJ

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
That is the main reason we are eliminated after two games. Dominating a game like that and coming away with no result, in a short tournament, is killer.

That's why I was so down after that first match.

The idea that Canada would run the table in this group was a bit silly.

In other news, speaking of respecting your opponent:

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
In other news, speaking of respecting your opponent:

I'll just paste what I wrote in the other thread:

Yes, he told the media he wasn't born in Croatia but in Krajina. That would be something like a Russian born in Ukraine telling people he was born in Russia (lets say Donetsk region).

He's not wrong, after the Croatian Army liberated Dalmatia in Operation Storm, a lot of the Serb population evacuated to Bosnia and Serbia. There were, I'm sure, war crimes during the operation on a lower level in the army and among the returning civilian population, but the operation itself and the command has been cleared of any wrong doing - the president of Croatia at the time, like him or not, was very wary of Croatia's image in the world.

So, Milan is right on that, Serbs evacuated / were displaced from Knin and those areas before the Croatian Army.

What he doesn't mention is that Croats evacuated / were displaced 4 years earlier, by the Serbs, because of the rising Serb nationalism and the war.
Source: I'm from Knin and my family moved to Zagreb and Zadar when the war started cause it was either that, or get killed. Our house was burned down and the Serb soldiers held my uncle at gunpoint in his own house, in front of his kids.

So... While I don't think showering anyone with messages and whatever is needed/necessary or OK in any way... Milan really doesn't paint the whole picture in his little sob story.

Conclusion... War sucks, people are capable of being utter crap to one another and these things really shouldn't be commented offhandedly or lightly if any serious conversation is to be held.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I'll just paste what I wrote in the other thread:

Yes, he told the media he wasn't born in Croatia but in Krajina. That would be something like a Russian born in Ukraine telling people he was born in Russia (lets say Donetsk region).

He's not wrong, after the Croatian Army liberated Dalmatia in Operation Storm, a lot of the Serb population evacuated to Bosnia and Serbia. There were, I'm sure, war crimes during the operation on a lower level in the army and among the returning civilian population, but the operation itself and the command has been cleared of any wrong doing - the president of Croatia at the time, like him or not, was very wary of Croatia's image in the world.

So, Milan is right on that, Serbs evacuated / were displaced from Knin and those areas before the Croatian Army.

What he doesn't mention is that Croats evacuated / were displaced 4 years earlier, by the Serbs, because of the rising Serb nationalism and the war.
Source: I'm from Knin and my family moved to Zagreb and Zadar when the war started cause it was either that, or get killed. Our house was burned down and the Serb soldiers held my uncle at gunpoint in his own house, in front of his kids.

So... While I don't think showering anyone with messages and whatever is needed/necessary or OK in any way... Milan really doesn't paint the whole picture in his little sob story.

Conclusion... War sucks, people are capable of being utter crap to one another and these things really shouldn't be commented offhandedly or lightly if any serious conversation is to be held.
Some of the worst war crimes and war stories come from the Balkans... I find it tough to look past at times but Milan is one of ours and I support him 100%.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Excited to see the formation and starting XI for tomorrow's match.

MAR should be coming in hot, they need points and are in a battle to advance. So this should be an honest and stiff competitive match for us. Really interested to see how the players come out, how they proceed through the match and what their mindset is. Equally interested to see how the coaching staff, and mainly Herdman, handle the in game adjustments and subs.

The match vs CRO should have been a major leaning point for Herdman and his staff. It was also the first match since qualification started for this world cup where I felt Herdman was severely outcoached. He made some poor decisions leading up, and didn't make the necessary (timely) in game adjustments to give his team a proper chance. Let's see how he takes that and puts it to use. Obviously, only so much you can do in one match but still interested to see that all play out.

Want the win. Let's really see if 'WE CAN'.

GO CANADA GO!

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I have a bad feeling this could go even worse than the Croatia game, but I'll be praying for any kind of saved face

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Morocco will have a raucous crowd behind them and won't want to leave it to chance. We're only playing for pride. Not excited about this one.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Even though we have nothing to play for, a win would be nice as it would take pressure off the '26 to get 'Canada's 1 win'. Let's field our best XI

Davies-David-Buchanan
Osorio-Kone-Hoilett
Ade-Miller-Vitoria-AJ

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Now that Canada is officially out and I don't have to share my allegiance (which Canadian media had already kind of put a dent in), I'm hoping for a big Morocco win as GD could make a difference in who wins the group if Croatia beats Belgium.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Now that Canada is officially out and I don't have to share my allegiance (which Canadian media had already kind of put a dent in), I'm hoping for a big Morocco win as GD could make a difference in who wins the group if Croatia beats Belgium.
get-out.gif

I want a win. Show some pride and go out there and put in a good performance.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
That was full on embarassing.
For those waiting for the Borjan mistake, there you go. Vitoria owns some of that with a terrible touch to start that off.

Talk about making it look like you don't belong lol.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
This is the ultimate troll job. Morocco making the plays Canada is attempting to make. Long balls down the wing, passes from the goalie.

This is brutal so far.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Fun fact - Canada has never managed a result in the FIFA World Cup (win or draw). They have qualified twice (1986 and 2022) and both times lost all 3 matches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad