Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Watford are willing to play youth which is great. I think it's agreat move for Kone and it sounds like if things are not working immediately with Watford they will loan him out and let him get minutes before coming back into the fold.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Does anyone think Ghana should be the worst team on here?
Looking at their recent results, kinda. They lost to Comoros, Sudan, South Africa, among others, in the last two years and drew with South Africa, Ethiopia, CAR, among others. Can you name a single player on any of those 5 national teams without googling? In 2022, prior to the World Cup, their wins were against Madagascar, a friendly against Nicaragua, and a pre-World Cup friendly against Switzerland that doesn't really count. They beat Nicaragua 1-0.

They barely got out of their qualifying group in a group that included South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Ethopia. They then only got past Nigeria on penalties.

When you don't win many games, your FIFA ranking isn't gonna be great.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Looking at their recent results, kinda. They lost to Comoros, Sudan, South Africa, among others, in the last two years and drew with South Africa, Ethiopia, CAR, among others. Can you name a single player on any of those 5 national teams without googling? In 2022, prior to the World Cup, their wins were against Madagascar, a friendly against Nicaragua, and a pre-World Cup friendly against Switzerland that doesn't really count. They beat Nicaragua 1-0.

They barely got out of their qualifying group in a group that included South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Ethopia. They then only got past Nigeria on penalties.

When you don't win many games, your FIFA ranking isn't gonna be great.
There is no metric that Ghana should be under Qatar. Period.

Reactions: robertmac43

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Reactions: luiginb

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Watford are willing to play youth which is great. I think it's agreat move for Kone and it sounds like if things are not working immediately with Watford they will loan him out and let him get minutes before coming back into the fold.
We don't have that great a record with youth.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
But I thought head to head didn’t matter?
Obviously it doesn't, otherwise it would be a metric where Ghana is behind Qatar.

The good thing is that we've gotten to the point where you've ruled out every single metric and rankings come down to Savant and Savant only.

But I'll leave it there. The Canadians don't need to see you make a fool of yourself all over again.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The Tajon news is amazing. Having that whole front 3 at big European clubs will be something to get excited about!

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
I hope it's here again - it was a blast going to matches last time. There are a lot folks from all these countries here anyways, so the atmosphere is still genuine and good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad