Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Also sounds like Kamal Miller is getting interest from Europe. We will likely see him end up in Belgium or the Netherlands.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Also sounds like Kamal Miller is getting interest from Europe. We will likely see him end up in Belgium or the Netherlands.
From what I've seen from his this WC I think the Championship might be more up to his strengths. He'd start for a top team like Norwich there I think.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Saw this earlier and it answers some of my previous questions:

The broadcast details of the new agreement includes:
- Extensive schedule of regular season matches, eight MLS Cup playoff matches, and MLS Cup each season
- One match per week featuring a Canadian club
- Leagues Cup: 12 Group Stage and four Round of 32 matches each tournament on TSN
- Highlight rights, editorial coverage, and cross-marketing support

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Just goes to show how tough Canada's group was that two of its teams made the semis. And the other was the #2 ranked country in the world.

Reactions: al secord

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Just goes to show how tough Canada's group was that two of its teams made the semis. And the other was the #2 ranked country in the world.

With world cup going to 48 teams.... Assuming Canada retains a ranking in the 30-40 range and being a host country... It might be plausible that they will have a teams ranked lower than them in the grouping.

That doesn't mean it would be a walk in the park because the rankings suck, but chances are, they won't have to go through a group like this one, lol.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
With world cup going to 48 teams.... Assuming Canada retains a ranking in the 30-40 range and being a host country... It might be plausible that they will have a teams ranked lower than them in the grouping.
Depending on how things are set up we may avoid a big team by being put in pot 1. With the expansion to 48 teams there is room to have all 3 hosts in pot 1.

Reactions: maclean

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Bassong just moved to the Romanian league. Is he any good?
He showed some solid moments earlier in his Montreal career but kind of stagnated the past half year or so. As a 99 i still hope he can be a useful depth piece of the CMNT at somepoint in the future.

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Hope things go better for him than they did for Ongaro, who I thought looked good when he played but never really earned his coach's trust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad