Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
Another curious aspect to this, is that in the spring/summer his son switched from playing for Canada's u-20 team to play for New Zealand's u-20 team. So he realistically could coach his son at the 2026 WC

Reactions: robertmac43

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
He did great for Canadian soccer, but I would not be that mad if he went. With our recent progress and our young team, I am sure we can hire a very good coach.

Perhaps Ancelotti comes in the Summer ;)

I have no skin in the game but I feel if Canada wants to make further progress they will need an upgrade at manager. He did a good job getting Canada competitive and into a WC but he was badly exposed there, despite being in a tough group. Came off as a typical lower league English coach

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
I have no skin in the game but I feel if Canada wants to make further progress they will need an upgrade at manager. He did a good job getting Canada competitive and into a WC but he was badly exposed there, despite being in a tough group. Came off as a typical lower league English coach

Now would also be the best time to get a new hire. Gold Cup, potential Copa America, another Gold Cup, and then hosting the World Cup.

I can see it being enticing for a manager as long as the CSA doesnt expose their incompetence

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Another curious aspect to this, is that in the spring/summer his son switched from playing for Canada's u-20 team to play for New Zealand's u-20 team. So he realistically could coach his son at the 2026 WC
Yeah, the family ties will always be hard to beat.

I'm happy to see him stay and will love the guy no matter what he does. If he leaves, we will be fine as well. This program has progressed, the players are better, and who can argue with the next 4 summers of tournaments? Lots for a new manager to be excited about.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'm fine either way aswell.

I certainly wasn't a fan of some of his decisions/tactics in Qatar.

As long as the new hire is a good one of course...

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
Maybe someone who is more attuned to this stuff can help me out... In 2021 the Women won Olympic gold. It was a big deal and generated a ton of positive attention for Canadian soccer. The following year the men qualified for and played in their first WC in 36 years. Once again it was a big deal and generated a ton of positive attention for Canadian soccer. You would think the folks running the show would have been able to spin these successes into millions of dollars in new revenue, but instead they need to slash the budget?!?!:huh: Is the organization really that incompenent and/or corrupt?:dunno:

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
The last thing Canada Soccer would want is to be called for public hearings and get questioned on where the money is going

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad