Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yeah that was totally messed up by Cavallini but he got lucky AF lol.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Wasn't Japan's best team, but no matter who we put on, we were the better team.

Another bone head mistake led to Japan's goal. But no need to cry over spilt Miller's.

Reactions: Tuggy

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Great result! Going in on a positive.

So anxious to not only see our starting XI, but the formation as well. 5-3-2? 5-4-1 maybe more likely? 5-4-1 sets us up for the counterattack allowing our wing backs to jump into the attack while not exposing us on the back end.

We got carved three or four times vs the Japan B side, granted we were missing some key players.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
i just hope we can give belgium and croatia decent games and hopfully pick up 1 win in the group out of the 3 games tbh.. go canada!

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I am pretty excited for this whole thing to get going now... Games start Sunday, and next Wednesday cannot come fast enough. I think I will be watching at a local establishment with friends, which will be trilling... been waiting for this since June 9, 1986!!

Does anyone know if TSN will be carrying the world feed for the games? I assume so? FOX will have their own pbp and colour guys, but I didn't see that listed on the Bell Media page so assuming world feed for us (I am hoping so): Bell Media World Cup Info

Edit: I did some more digging, not that it truly matters, but someone has said that Luke Wileman & Steven Caldwell are set to call Canada's matches. as per DigitalHome.

Last edited:

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
What is it that Forest is missing with Richie? I know when he was brought in he was a victim of depth, but how is he not even able to even make their bench?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
What is it that Forest is missing with Richie? I know when he was brought in he was a victim of depth, but how is he not even able to even make their bench?
I don't think they trust him enough from a defensive perspective. Likely thought he would get eaten up in the Prem

Reactions: al secord

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Won't read too much into a friendly, but Egypt beat Belgium today 2-1.
Yeah let's not. Looks like Belgium was more worried about not getting injured since a lot of their players were injured and playing passes, getting some of their chemistry back in order.

On that note, the fact Lukaku may miss the game is HUGE for us. Then again, it could be mind games to disparage us and throw us off

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Yeah let's not. Looks like Belgium was more worried about not getting injured since a lot of their players were injured and playing passes, getting some of their chemistry back in order.

On that note, the fact Lukaku may miss the game is HUGE for us. Then again, it could be mind games to disparage us and throw us off
De Bruyne to Lukaku all game would give us fits. But it looks more and more like he'll miss the whole group stage.

• Love
Reactions: Kreator

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
De Bruyne to Lukaku all game would give us fits. But it looks more and more like he'll miss the whole group stage.

I don't know, I don't trust it. Something tells me Lukaku will play on Wednesday. This seems like mind games. At least he will come off the bench. I hope I'm wrong because Herdman brought on the whole mind games confusion culture, I don't know what to believe anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad