Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
In case some want to watch the pre game show tomorrow or the other games here is where each be shown.

On the pre game show Rick Westhead has a feature on Atiba and there will be a feature on Tajon.

So we're not getting proper commentators?

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I don't think I'm emotionally prepared to hear the Canadian National anthem being played ahead of a world cup game for the first time in my life. Can't believe this is happening, being here in this thread at the start of the very first game of qualifying seems an eternity ago. Just f*** me up boys. CAN'T WAIT

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Atiba looked good against Japan, I would prefer he stays on the bench but I think he will start. Eustaquio as CM and Hoilett as advanced midfield on the right side, I think its what Herdman will go for, personally I would prefer, if Davies is healthy enough to start

Davies-David
Ade-Osorio-Eustaquio-Kone-Buchanan
Miller-Vitoria-AJ

Laryea in for Ade because his chemistry with Davies is amazing, Larin as supersub because he is lost and always struggles alongside David, Hutchinson for the last 15 depending on the result. Its too bad Henry is not here, his strenght would have been immense and seemed like Vitoria was out of gas last friendly
Hey Pete - these were your musings from October.. stood out to me as I recall you being adamant that Davies play at LWB.

"He's great at defending and we have enough offensive weapons capable of creating / converting.

That's the thing I believe Davies shouldn't be in a free role. He tries to do way too much, it can work against Aruba but not Uruguay.

Herdman clearly implied it on his post game presser "There's moments I thought we could have crossed the ball and we wanted the extra touch"

Davies as CAM is just for experiment purposes. We will defend more than attack and against Belgium We have to be PERFECT defensively.

Davies-Miller-Vitoria-Henry-Johnston will be our backline vs Belgium

The mid will be Eustaquio-Osorio-Kone

Forwards Hoilett-David"

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
My guess is we’ll shift from a 3-4-3 into a more conservative 5-4-1.

David
Davies - Eustaquio - Osorio - Buchanan
Adekugbe - Miller - Vittoria - Johnston - Laryea

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
I have my money on a tie against Belgium and that would be electric for this squad!

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I might watch this on the BBC feed, quality will probably be better than embarassing TSN paid stream.
I don't have that luxury for game one, unfortunately. I'll be better prepared going forward.

Leave it to TSN to try to ruin our viewing experience.

It could be worse I guess, we could be watching with American commentary.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Watching the second half of Croatia/Morocco and I think Canada can definitely hang with these teams.

0-0 finish. Which is good for us.

Plenty of opportunities/sloppy passes from both teams in transition that if it were Davies or Buchannon would have been very dangerous for us.

Modric was insane though, and in this match it was his defense that was his best trait.

Reactions: Tuggy

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Watching the second half of Croatia/Morocco and I think Canada can definitely hang with these teams.

0-0 finish. Which is good for us.
Yeah, great result.

If we can get a result against both of those teams, we have a shot at going through.

A result against Belgian today would be a nice bonus.

Too bad I am going to miss the game, damn work :(

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Yeah, great result.

If we can get a result against both of those teams, we have a shot at going through.

A result against Belgian today would be a nice bonus.

Too bad I am going to miss the game, damn work :(

Sucks you have to work and miss it...:confused:

Luckily I work from home so I'm good to go.

Yes, getting anything from the match today would be great.

I'm still going with a 2-2 finish...

Still hard to believe the day is finally here where Canada will play in the World Cup. I don't think it will become truly real until we see our boys walk out and stand for the national anthem.

Lots of nervous energy today...o_O

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Sucks you have to work and miss it...:confused:

Luckily I work from home so I'm good to go.

Yes, getting anything from the match today would be great.

I'm still going with a 2-2 finish...

Still hard to believe the day is finally here where Canada will play in the World Cup. I don't think it will become truly real until we see our boys walk out and stand for the national anthem.

Lots of nervous energy today...o_O
I hope the moment doesn't become too big for the boys. I'm going in with no expectations. No matter what, win, lose, draw or blowout, i'll be a happy, overly emotional boy, who still remembers past failures and Geoff Aunger as our midfield general. Oh the horror.

Let's enjoy the day!

Reactions: NyQuil and Tuggy

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I hope the moment doesn't become too big for the boys. I'm going in with no expectations. No matter what, win, lose, draw or blowout, i'll be a happy, overly emotional boy, who still remembers past failures and Geoff Aunger as our midfield general. Oh the horror.

Let's enjoy the day!
The moment might get too big, but I am confident in that bunch. They handled qualifying like champs and were not phased by none of the usual CONCACAF bs. That tells me it is a very mentally strong group. I also believe in Herdman a lot, he will have the boys ready.

Now, we still can play our best game and lose against Belgium. I have no expectations on that front.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Hey Pete - these were your musings from October.. stood out to me as I recall you being adamant that Davies play at LWB.

"He's great at defending and we have enough offensive weapons capable of creating / converting.

That's the thing I believe Davies shouldn't be in a free role. He tries to do way too much, it can work against Aruba but not Uruguay.

Herdman clearly implied it on his post game presser "There's moments I thought we could have crossed the ball and we wanted the extra touch"

Davies as CAM is just for experiment purposes. We will defend more than attack and against Belgium We have to be PERFECT defensively.

Davies-Miller-Vitoria-Henry-Johnston will be our backline vs Belgium

The mid will be Eustaquio-Osorio-Kone

Forwards Hoilett-David"

Tbh if we are to play with 3 CBs I would prefer Davies over Ade as LWB but because I think we are gonna play with 2 CBs it's best to leave Ade as Left-Back and leave Davies in a more offensive position. That is of course, if he starts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad