Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I've been watching all the TSN coverage of team Canada over my lunch, and I have chills running down my spine!

Little did I know as a kid watching World Cup '86 would I have to wait 36 years for this... All those disappointments every 4 years since finally thrown off our backs.

I literally cannot wait for kickoff tomorrow. OMG, it's actually here. I think I might breakdown during the national anthem... being in a public setting might save me lol.

The importance of having the full squad cannot be overemphasized. Massive for the group to feel they are heading into this on the front foot.

I hope we have a great showing in the stands, the Mexican fans were fantastic today.

GO CANADA GO

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I have reservations at a pub for 7 people and I don't even know if the table will have sightlines to a TV.

HUGE risk I'm taking.

It had better or I'm going to have to figure something out.

Reactions: maclean

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I have reservations at a pub for 7 people and I don't even know if the table will have sightlines to a TV.

HUGE risk I'm taking.

Couldn't you call and request a table with sightlines?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
hahahah, if you need a more polite way, ask if the table they are planning on seating you at will have TV sightlines ;)

Well, it's going straight to voice mail.

Everything is done with those reservation apps these days so there's no one to talk to. :(

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto

HUGE risk I'm taking.

I'm f***ed too because of work. I have to chance finding a seat at a local near my office right at game time.

I'm too nervous to eat. Guinness should be enough nutrients to tide me over?

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Full speed ahead

Borjan was just laying the groundwork for faking a gut injury in the first half against Belgium when Canada has to absorb pressure. Veteran move from the keeper.

I was about to cancel my TSN subscription in protest of them putting pre-stream ads on my service that already has ads and I pay $240 per year for, but then I realized that I won't be able to find COMPLETELY LEGAL streams at work.

Reactions: Tuggy

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Borjan was just laying the groundwork for faking a gut injury in the first half against Belgium when Canada has to absorb pressure. Veteran move from the keeper.

I expect a lot of shenanigans from Borjan. Thats why he is so entertaining. I also accept that he will make at least one howler. Thats why having Crepeau as backup was gonna be super safe. As much as we like Borjan you can't rely too much on him. He gets overexcited and does dumb shit sometimes.

Reactions: al secord

Tom ServoMST3K

Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I will try this one last time

should Davies start

Davies-David-Buchanan
Eustaquio-Atiba-Hoilett
Ade-Miller-Vitoria-AJ

That midfield looks weird to me. Estaquio is too good to shift to a side, and Hutchinson probably isn't fit enough to jam out wide either.

Whatever our backline setup is, our only chance of holding our own in the midfield is having both Estaquio and Hutchinson playing centrally IMO

I expect a lot of shenanigans from Borjan. Thats why he is so entertaining. I also accept that he will make at least one howler. Thats why having Crepeau as backup was gonna be super safe. As much as we like Borjan you can't rely too much on him. He gets overexcited and does dumb shit sometimes.

Watching the behind the scenes stuff, Borjan seems like the absolute leader of this group to me. And to be clear - my post reads as sarcastic, but I am 100 per cent serious.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
That midfield looks weird to me. Estaquio is too good to shift to a side, and Hutchinson probably isn't fit enough to jam out wide either.

Whatever our backline setup is, our only chance of holding our own in the midfield is having both Estaquio and Hutchinson playing centrally IMO

Atiba looked good against Japan, I would prefer he stays on the bench but I think he will start. Eustaquio as CM and Hoilett as advanced midfield on the right side, I think its what Herdman will go for, personally I would prefer, if Davies is healthy enough to start

Davies-David
Ade-Osorio-Eustaquio-Kone-Buchanan
Miller-Vitoria-AJ

Laryea in for Ade because his chemistry with Davies is amazing, Larin as supersub because he is lost and always struggles alongside David, Hutchinson for the last 15 depending on the result. Its too bad Henry is not here, his strenght would have been immense and seemed like Vitoria was out of gas last friendly

Tom ServoMST3K

Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Atiba looked good against Japan, I would prefer he stays on the bench but I think he will start. Eustaquio as CM and Hoilett as advanced midfield on the right side, I think its what Herdman will go for, personally I would prefer

Davies-David
Ade-Osorio-Eustaquio-Kone-Buchanan
Miller-Vitoria-AJ

Laryea in for Ade because his chemistry with Davies is amazing, Larin as supersub because he is lost and always struggles alongside David, Hutchinson for the last 15 depending on the result.

Through qualifying I've thought a three at the back system, at least in possession, was the way Canada should play. Johnston as a wide CB played so far above my opinion of him, it really made me re-think my entire preferred system. And Vitoria's strengths I think really shine, and his weaknesses are muted, with him as a middle CB, and we have the legs to run a bunch of different wingbacks/wide MF.

To me sports have to still be a little bit romantic. There is zero chance I wouldn't have Hutchinson in my starting 11 for game one.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
In case some want to watch the pre game show tomorrow or the other games here is where each be shown.

On the pre game show Rick Westhead has a feature on Atiba and there will be a feature on Tajon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad